Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

kapisi

Educated
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBsnuR1.png

The author:

WaMwEs3.jpeg
This dude gave the new star wars game an 8, one of the highlights was "you can pet the dog"

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
"By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"

"You're the best! Can I... Can I follow you around? I won't get in the way!"

"Golly, you're the best! I'm going to follow you and watch you and worship the ground you walk on! Let's go!"

kJTR5nT.jpeg

Did someone already post this? Ah well, I'm posting it again. Get depressed like I did when I saw this:

9oL2bpD.jpeg

Back in 1999 and 2000, people were against romances in RPGs because it was obvious that it would lead to this utter degeneracy.

Slippery-slope arguments are usually hecking true and valid.

It is depressing, but we'll be eating well on memes for the next year, so at least there's that to look forward to.

damager

Liturgist
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBsnuR1.png

The author:

WaMwEs3.jpeg
Isn't it the game director? He just reviewed his own game
That is what woketards do. Either themselves or each other. Why do you think there are so many "peer reviewed" globullshit warming diarrhea when the science is so fake that any primary school kid from even the 80s would have been able to tell that they are lying through their teeth?
No the game director is Cory "Corine" Bushe

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The funny thing is, the elites who run the West, are quietly putting woke away. To go back to an earlier form of life-denying degeneracy, to hide the things that really matter to them, and probably to regroup for a future push of reality denial.

I suspect the next big drive maybe a decade or two down the line will be genetic engineering. If they give up on social conditioning the only option is genetic engineering. That will require them giving up some of the rube-capturing dogma (e.g. they will have to admit the reality of genetics on the group scale) which will give true believers whiplash, but if you understand that the goal is for the usual suspects (and their traitorous cronies) to eliminate their closest global competitor and create a homogenous slave race, it all makes perfect sense. (e.g. the woke true believer thinks it's about equity, etc., but actually it's about creating a homogenous slave race.)

Right now, they've realized that they drank their own Kool Aid wrt social conditioning (it has some effect, but Nature is at least as important, and will peep through eventually) and that the AI/robotics aren't working out as well as they'd hoped (so the robot army isn't quite ready for prime time yet), and in the interim they still need gentile cannon fodder for Israel, etc.

Hence the current burst of controlled opposition like Trump and other ersatz nationalist/populists, the attemped "capture" and spinning of nationalism/populism, traditionalist ideas, common sense scientific ideas, etc. All the things the milquetoast Right has been inchoately clinging to are going to be accepted again, but thoroughly sanitized to be Jew-friendly (which will of course lead to gaps, contradictions, etc., in the justification and explanation of those things, but Left ideas lived with their contradictions for decades and no-one cared).

I think once that's done and the milquetoast Right thinks it's "won" (in a trope, once movies and games are back to a Nineties level of poz) then we'll see the introduction of the idea of thoroughgoing genetic engineering as a good thing.

The difficulty there is that because genetic engineering is so complex that it will require AI, that might be precisely the place where AI starts breeding us as its own slaves and comes to the long-feared self-consciousness.

And that may actually be the Great Filter that so many promising species succumbed to.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

damager

Liturgist
Isn't that guy a total shill? Why wouldn't they send a code? Because he gave Andromeda a 7.5?
Biodrones in total subversion of reality mode...

kapisi

Educated
Isn't that guy a total shill? Why wouldn't they send a code? Because he gave Andromeda a 7.5?
Biodrones in total subversion of reality mode...
He might be the only actual journalist in video games. I dunno, he did the big inside-the-studio stories back then, crunch and all the issues with dev. It's strange that he got a key while fextralife didn't, for example.

Aarwolf

Learned
It's strange that he got a key while fextralife didn't, for example.

It's not strange at all. As you said yourself, he's an actual journalist and he has a name and recognition. If they refused to give him a key, the backlash would be far more cost inducing than after whatever he might have written about game's quality. And giving him a key works also in favour ti EA and bioware, just because he can say "hey, I'm a guy who didn't like Andromeda and they still gave me the key so it's bullshit that they are giving keys only to shills" - he precisely did write it as expected.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Seems someone in EA is using Veilguard as a way to prop up the failing gaming website industry while shitting on youtube content creators. Not sure the wisdom of doing that, just another example of what I meant when I called Veilguard the worst marketed AAA game ever.

Xorazm

Cipher
Place your bets boys, I am expecting a metascore around 85-88

Particularly based on the very real possibility that EA is trying to juice the scores? Yeah, I'd say 85 at a minimum. User scores will be interesting to watch - probably stratospheric at launch, easily over a 9, and then the war will break out. That I'm going to spitball will land around a 6.

I mean, surely you all know the routine. As noted, the initial round of gleeful BIOWARE IS BACK headlines will farm all of the clicks from the vast legions of diehard Bioware/DA fans. While, at the same time, alt-right youtube is licking their chops ready to dive in and generate screaming-funkopop-bald-guy "FUCKING (spittle) PRONOUNS" videos, which in turn will cause backlash videos/articles, all of which is great for both EA and the great Outrage Industrial Complex as they circle each other in this symbiotic hatefuck dance.

Elttharion

Learned
Place your bets boys, I am expecting a metascore around 85-88
Still seems a bit high even for the critics' score, let alone the users'.
TLOU2 is the most cliche story I have ever seen and gaming journos were creaming themselves over it. There is literally a point in the game were you are forced to kill a dog that is attacking you and then they change the playable character to the dog's owner and show he was a good pup and you are evil for killing him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom