Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Leftist ideology has been pushed too hard and it's backfiring. They can't be content with being sexual deviants in private, they have to force everyone else to adhere to and adopt their shitty worldview.

Eat shit, BioWare. You're all a bunch of out of touch FAGGOTS.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Ahahaha holy crap this is so funny! At the start there's a chinese chick that speaks with an irish accent. :lol:
The brittish main char voice acting seems good.

Semiurge - did you just multi-quote the whole thread to drop one-liners?

Elttharion

Learned
Another fragment of Guardian's review:

"The central story is the least interesting thing about Veilguard, both in its narrative and gameplay. Many quests have you endlessly slotting crystals into receptacles to open doors or vanquish blight-boils, pulsing, fleshy growths that keep you from travelling to a place to fight a monster. This isn't out of the ordinary for Dragon Age, but coupled with dissatisfying cameos and by-the-numbers gameplay, it left me feeling disappointed.

The companions save the day. The quality of writing does vary wildly, but it's fun to get to know your new team. Necromancer Emmrich genuinely cares about the dead, wielding his magic like a conductor, and Qunari dragon hunter Taash struggles with questions of identity and gender. Romantic options don't immediately go in hard on awkward flirting and instead often just constitute the nicest thing you might say to someone who's struggling – though the game does have a habit of ruining the fun by jumping in to say, Careful! You're being romantic! Are you sure you want to commit to a romance? The bigger annoyance here is how they behave when you take them on a mission together, when they will make small talk like two colleagues meeting at an office party. "Sooo, Taash, you hunt dragons? I hunt monsters." It's a far cry from Dragon Age: Inquisition's banter."
It's a far cry from Dragon Age: Inquisition's banter.
:what:

How fucking bad is it then?

How fucking bad is it then?
wntgd.jpg

Aarwolf

Learned
Many quests have you endlessly slotting crystals into receptacles to open doors or vanquish blight-boils, pulsing, fleshy growths that keep you from travelling to a place to fight a monster.

This isn't out of the ordinary for Dragon Age.
What fucking Dragon Age did this asshole play?
I know I cant recall a single time in a dragon age game where I needed to open doors with crystals. That sounds like something youd do in a crappy south korean MMO free to play game

In Inquisition you had to collect shards and open doors with them.

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/The_Temple_of_Pride

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The Fextralife video is brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDRVdfzHXDI

Sounds like EA has a stinker on their hands, and they know it. When you have to do this much management of review outlets prior to release, you're in trouble. You cannot manage reviews to make a bad game good. It's impossible.

In EA's case, they needed this game to have widespread appeal. They needed to sell more than the ~10 million they were going to sell to die-hard Dragon Age "fans." It does not seem likely that this will happen.

Old Hans

Arcane
Many quests have you endlessly slotting crystals into receptacles to open doors or vanquish blight-boils, pulsing, fleshy growths that keep you from travelling to a place to fight a monster.

This isn't out of the ordinary for Dragon Age.
What fucking Dragon Age did this asshole play?
I know I cant recall a single time in a dragon age game where I needed to open doors with crystals. That sounds like something youd do in a crappy south korean MMO free to play game

In Inquisition you had to collect shards and open doors with them.

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/The_Temple_of_Pride
I remember that one, but that was just a side activity. A very disappointing side activity

Old Hans

Arcane
Leftist ideology has been pushed too hard and it's backfiring.
This isn't leftist ideology, it's untalented people not knowing how to tell a story/make a game. "Good" and "unproblematic" queers in media are boring queers in media.
its the people who grew up writing Harry Potter fan fiction on tumblr, and think the Hero's Journey is dumb

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I was expecting this to be bad, but wow, I did not expect the entire scope of how utterly awful this seems to be. No matter what you think of Bioware, even the worst of what you thought seems to be better than this. There is just nothing good about this incredibly expensive, decade-long game and that it took this long to make and had absolutely nothing good to show for it is shameful. There is trash from the '80s, on computers which could barely do action games which have more to show for it than this.

Leftist ideology has been pushed too hard and it's backfiring.
This isn't leftist ideology, it's untalented people not knowing how to tell a story/make a game. "Good" and "unproblematic" queers in media are boring queers in media.
Top scars, unattractive characters including a pajeet with a hook nose and peg leg, dialogue choices that specifically encourage multiculturalism, a character that struggles with their gender identity.

All these things exist because of leftism.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Reviews so far:

But Why Tho? said:
Dragon Age The Veilguard is a massive new world full of thoughtful stories, epic battles, and beautiful visuals to accompany them. This round of companions is among the most interesting, thoughtful, and downright charismatic, and adventuring with them made for an unforgettable journey.

PC Games said:
With Dragon Age: The Veilguard, I basically got exactly what I had hoped for from a sequel to Inquisition. An epic story about elven gods, the end of the world and the previously little-explored nations in the north of Thedas. Plus a wonderful cast of companions who all grew on me in their own way. All of this, embedded in the same attention to detail that made Inquisition one of my favorite games.

Wccftech said:
With Dragon Age: The Veilguard, BioWare has largely returned to its roots, casting aside the temptations of open world and/or live service games. Instead, Veilguard is a great mission-based RPGs with a memorable story that will leave Dragon Age fans enthralled by the revelations, an awesome combat system that perfectly blends action and tactics, and lots of loot and secrets to uncover

Gaming trend said:
The writing can be overwrought, written by committee, and occasionally forced, but it’s also a major step forward for a team that needs the win. Dragon Age: The Veilguard brings us compelling characters, excellent combat, and a world worth saving.

IGN Deutschland said:
Dragon Age: The Veilguard clearly wants to put epic action above all and sprinkles it with deeply emotional moments. Instead of choices and slow, tactical combat, the focus is clearly on a pre-composed story and powerful, action-packed battles. But if you engage with it, BioWare delivers one of the most thrilling role-playing games of recent years.

Windows Central said:
The combat is wildly different and the tone varies, but the characters here are the same vital, meaningful core that BioWare is known to deliver. While far removed in many ways from the fantasy franchise I grew up loving, Dragon Age: The Veilguard takes its place by prior adventures in Thedas with pride.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/dragon-age-the-veilguard/

Fargus

Arcane
Did someone already post this? Ah well, I'm posting it again. Get depressed like I did when I saw this:

9oL2bpD.jpeg

Depressed? I find it funny as hell, if anyone should be depressed it's the nutjobs collected on this picture posting sex pest twitter garbage about their hideous fanfic characters. I bet they are the same kind of subhumans who call everybody incels :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom