Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
But surely those are fake?
It's real:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCv2aMoFCY&t=510s

If you don't want to watch the video, here's the screenshot of the relevant time stamp:

SN4wiZ8.png

Terra

Cipher
To think, we thought the reviewers are paid shills thing was bad with crackpot scores like PCGamer's DA2 review, fast forward to this shitshow and this game is showered with perfect scores left, right and center, whilst bathing in identity politics. But there's no connection there, right... The clowns couldn't out themselves any more clearly and anyone who doesn't see it is living in blissful ignorance, for now.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
To think, we thought the reviewers are paid shills thing was bad with crackpot scores like PCGamer's DA2 review, fast forward to this shitshow and this game is showered with perfect scores left, right and center, whilst bathing in identity politics. But there's no connection there, right... The clowns couldn't out themselves any more clearly and anyone who doesn't see it is living in blissful ignorance, for now.
Please tag Wirdschowerdn whenever you talk about clowns in this thread. Thank you!

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
Very disappointed that Mortisimal found this turd to be his personal GotY
Mortismal has never really been very political has he?

Although the game itself might be bad, most of the strident criticism will be to do with things like inserting Californian wokeista morality into a medieval fantasy (very immersion breaking anyway, rather than purely political, but hey), and he seems to have given a pass to things like Modern Times speech in fantasy games before.

Drowed

Arcane
I can't believe the decline in the artstyle. Give me back the late 2000's edgy white/red stuff you cowards.

dragonage-feature.webp.72dfa4bbdfac6e513dfe3b12e2857566.webp

I find it interesting how the history of CRPGs mirrors the story of my life. I thought my 20s were terrible, but then I reach my 40s and think how much I miss that time and that, looking back, it wasn't so bad after all.

Now I look at Dragon Age and miss when I complained that Origins was bad compared to what came before. If only I knew.

Lodis

Educated
Aside from all the tranny shit a lot of the more critical reviews are mentioning how there’s no actual role playing. Rook is apparently a heckin wholesome nice guy who is always supportive of everyone and everything .

Artyoan

Prophet
I try to keep this stuff in mind when I refer to these people as well. They persist in a social environment where their 'friends' are just waiting to make an example of them and they all know it. Honesty is a foreign concept. Every conversation, even in private, is a potential pyre with which to be burned on. For a lot of people, this is all they know. That's leaving aside professional reasons to feed the beast so as not to lose your livelihood. Nightmare scenario.

ThewDev

Novice
Mortismal loves it, its his favorite DA game and his GOTY

[VIDEO]

Yeah, he said it was the "Best entry in the series." Holy shit, if you're going to lie, at least try to be convincing. He's pushing it way too hard.

EDIT:
Oh, he liked Unknown 9. Now it makes sense, yeah, I get it.
He tends to favor modern slop. His favorite RPG is DS: Original Sin 2. It's nice that his reviews are so thorough, but I've never trusted his opinions.

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot
This explains why they keep making these changes for a seemingly not existing fanbase. It's about money, but not the money of the actual customers. That being said, bioware was always woke. So no wonder they happily push it to the next level, when there is no monetary risk involved.
Even biowhore would have toned down their insane shit after the failure of Androgyny and Cisquisition.

Semiurge

Cipher

And yet your Rook is paper thin beyond its sexual identity. The perfect goody two-shoes knight of the new order.

This is what it looks like when the devs feel the pressure to "finally" set the stage for a new kind of media. Story, internal coherrence and gameplay all become secondary to their holy task of pushing the cultural envelope. This is why their allies will overlook all the negatives and support it out of sympathy for the cause.

I try to keep this stuff in mind when I refer to these people as well. They persist in a social environment where their 'friends' are just waiting to make an example of them and they all know it. Honesty is a foreign concept. Every conversation, even in private, is a potential pyre with which to be burned on. For a lot of people, this is all they know. That's leaving aside professional reasons to feed the beast so as not to lose your livelihood. Nightmare scenario.

They don't even know it but they're living within an East-Germany 2.0 simulation. There's no-one here who's old enough to have been there and remember it all, Crispy possibly but he's american or something, but trust me when I say this: life was exactly the same there as in these neo-marxist hives. This is why I suspect it takes a special kind of personality to accept this oppression. Someone who's already familiar with it, like a chink. Or just plain anyone who's willing to risk his own ass for the chance to one-up others on matters of faith, i.e a psychopath who wants to be the boot instead of the face underneath it.

Last edited:

DKunit

Literate
I've read from several people that it's functionally impossible to be an evil character, or even just a jerk. But yeah, great RPG guys. 10/10

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've read from several people that it's functionally impossible to be an evil character, or even just a jerk. But yeah, great RPG guys. 10/10
Sounds like a game for Chris Avellone, then. Think he questioned once here why anyone would ever play evil.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
They didn't even tried to connect to the actual in game lore. If you gonna insert any real word type of discussion , at least come up with a word , lore and in-game scenario, especialy one that's clearly Medival. It feels like the writers didn't even tried to be creative to insert their ideas.. They just pick up a Tumblr discussion and added to the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom