Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

MerchantKing

Learned
Weird similarities:

ZNmjnOP.png
It's almost like they're all using the same script

Readher

Savant
If I ever end up as the leader of a military junta coup, gaming journos are the first on the list to receive complimentary (and mandatory) helicopter flights.

Even Communist collaborators had more integrity than those subhumans.

damager

Liturgist

Who in their right mind would greenlight this and allow it to be on their big budget product. Sometimes I feel bad for living in a 3rd world country but now and again I remember what kind of retarded people are living in western countries and feel better.

This is because it's not about money. It's about pushing ideological messages. Check out Black Rock and Sweet Baby Inc.

Aarwolf

Learned
I like this review:

"There’s an inescapable sense that Veilguard is like the sentient skeleton companion who joins you with necromancer party member Emmerich – made from the bones of all the dead Dragon Age games murdered during its troubled development cycle. "

"There are moments where The Veilguard is BioWare’s best game, but it’s blighted by everything else. I’d recommend skipping the throwaway side content and mainlining the brilliant main quests, but you’ll be punished in the final mission if you do. So you have no choice but to fast-travel from combat encounter to combat encounter, all while wondering where the moral dilemmas are in a series known for its player choice, where the interesting NPCs are in this RPG. Like the character I created at the start of this journey, I can’t separate The Veilguard from its history, and this isn’t the Dragon Age I remember – it’s the reanimated corpse of the studio’s former glory. "

https://www.si.com/videogames/reviews/dragon-age-the-veilguard-review

Xorazm

Cipher
As if his credibility couldn't get any lower.
He's repeated several times in the past that Dragon Age 2 is his favorite and that the story is amazing. How some people didn't consider this a blaring warning sign in the past is beyond me.

Incorrect. He ranks Inquisition as the best Dragon Age game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2qIB-pmC8&t=751s&ab_channel=MortismalGaming

Which, if anything, is ... so ... so much worse.

His top 55 ranking is basically the video equivalent of "trigger the Codex with a statement" - https://youtu.be/UK493O40S7E (Pillars of Eternity ranked ahead of Baldur's Gate 2, BG 1 and well ahead of Planescape).

And then there's his 7 most disliked video where he takes a shit on Atom. Which ... really? Atom?

Hedasd

Novice

Who in their right mind would greenlight this and allow it to be on their big budget product. Sometimes I feel bad for living in a 3rd world country but now and again I remember what kind of retarded people are living in western countries and feel better.

This is because it's not about money. It's about pushing ideological messages. Check out Black Rock and Sweet Baby Inc.
I know Sweet Baby Inc but have no idea what Black Rock is, Ive only seen it mentioned once or twice. I dont want to believe this is anything further than bunch of retards in a Canadian office fucking a product up mindlessly with no supervision.

Modron

Arcane
I know Sweet Baby Inc but have no idea what Black Rock is, Ive only seen it mentioned once or twice. I dont want to believe this is anything further than bunch of retards in a Canadian office fucking a product up mindlessly with no supervision.
Black Rock is a large wealth/retirement megafund that basically owns 15-20% of everything (including private residences), for years they were spearheading the DEI investment push, but a few years back they stopped doing that because it was losing them money. If you don't know who Black Rock, Vanguard, Goldman Sachs, and State Street are you haven't been paying attention.

Last edited:

damager

Liturgist
Black Rock is some finance giant connected with the Bank of America. They are involved in all kind of heinous shit since their founding. Lately they started financing games, when the studios agree to take in their agenda pushing consulting firms, like Sweet Baby Inc and dozens others. This scheme is widespread in the industry and the reason for a lot of censorship, woke messaging, DEI hires and gender and race swap in established fictional characters.

This explains why they keep making these changes for a seemingly not existing fanbase. It's about money, but not the money of the actual customers. That being said, bioware was always woke. So no wonder they happily push it to the next level, when there is no monetary risk involved.

Semiurge

Cipher
These are some seriously *fingerquote* cool *fingerquote* friends you get to make along the way. Even the possessed guy is a hipster.

Screenshot.png

This shit is insane. There is no way the average fag is going to relate to this. They're alienating so many people with this shit.

But surely those are fake? I mean, something as crass as that has to be.

Pink Eye To be fair, there are plenty of opinions here that are heresy. People's profile pictures even get official tags of punishment like "Shitposter" or "Possibly retarded". There is nothing wrong with this though. Ideas should be challenged and defended. That's the forge of excellence.

You need to do a lot to get branded with those tags. The formerly capricious DU is getting more mellow in his older days.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Having perused through a lot of reviews, my suspicions seem to be confirmed: DATV is a bad Dragon Age game, but a good Mass Effect game with fantasy coat.

Since I always loved ME, buying this can't hurt either.
Hey, it's your money, pal.

Yes?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom