Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Bulo

Scholar

You buy a new game because the trailer was packed with violence and sex appeal. The game then surprises you with an intriguing political plot, a setting that is less derivative than it appears initially, and generally competent character work

You buy a new game because you agree with its advertised identity politics. It's unremarkable at every turn, but you're obliged to pretend that it's the best thing you've ever had the joy of experiencing, because you play games as a matter of social compliance (and to get involved in some nauseating Twitter romance gossip). That, or you just have fucking abysmal standards

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What did ShillUp say that got him banned on Retardera? I'm out of the loop. Always thought they guy is a retard, but might reconsider if he said something based.
ShillUp's review is non-ironically the best one on the internet so far. He absolutely reams the Troonguard in all the places that matter for a BW game - writing, characters, story, pulling absolutely no punches.

I did NOT expect this, I thought he was your cookie cutter access "journalist" but... he clearly isn't? For an access Toober shitting all over this game would be like CNN trying to sink Kamala's run. I'm so confused now.

countrydoctor

Novice
So pretty much everything verifiable in the "veilguard playtester" video turned out to be true, including literal nonbinary shit preached by one of the characters and my-face-is-tired tier facial animations.

Dragon-Age-The-Veilguard_2024_10_24_03_31_36_533.jpg

DKunit

Novice
What did ShillUp say that got him banned on Retardera? I'm out of the loop. Always thought they guy is a retard, but might reconsider if he said something based.
ShillUp's review is non-ironically the best one on the internet so far. He absolutely reams the Troonguard in all the places that matter for a BW game - writing, characters, story, pulling absolutely no punches.

I did NOT expect this, I thought he was your cookie cutter access "journalist" but... he clearly isn't? For an access Toober shitting all over this game would be like CNN trying to sink Kamala's run. I'm so confused now.
I do remember he was pretty much the only access media guy who gave Last of Us 2 the reeming it deserved.

Bulo

Scholar

He's Australian. Their stunted brains and overexposure to UV rays lend them a small natural immunity to American hyper-liberalism

Herumor

Scholar
I listened a bit to that Skill Up video, and at one point he brings up the lack of DRM on the game makes it easier for game conservation, but really, the only reason why anyone would ever conserve this game is for it to serve as a warning.

Also, that part where he says that every interaction/dialogue sounds like there's HR in the room with the characters is such a fantastic way to describe how lifeless it all feels without going too much into detail about it.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Having perused through a lot of reviews, my suspicions seem to be confirmed: DATV is a bad Dragon Age game, but a good Mass Effect game with fantasy coat.

Since I always loved ME, buying this can't hurt either.
For the uninitiated newfags, the gentlemanperson on this little smiley: :d1p: is @Wirdschowerdn's, or as he xir is better known Morgoth's, old avatar.

Accept it. Xir cannot help xir nature. Xir will do it.

Bulo

Scholar
What means "HR in the room"?
One of the roles of "human resources" departments is to smooth over employee relations. They generally do this by sacking any employee that they deem especially problematic, which intimidates every other employee in turn, and instils in them a "keep your head down and never do or say anything that could risk coming across as insensitive or controversial" attitude. No sharp edges. Rounded corners, padded surfaces, soft colours, everything in low contrast, zero stimulation

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
In Morrowind there would be different food items arranged differently on each of the 3 plates, instead of 3 identical plates. Why didn't they get any bread? Why don't they have anything to drink? And why the fuck are these candles just standing there directly on the table? Again, this is from Morrowind:
46747-1557607093-623422392.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom