Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For me, modern "dialogue writing" by Bioware resembles the cringe-worthy style of Marvel movies.
There will be Dexers playing this trash because "the combat is fun" and they'll be totally oblivious to the deluge of retardery and degeneracy flowing through their ears.

In a way I envy such autism. The world must be such a nice place if you can't perceive half the shit that's happening around you in this day and age.

kapisi

Educated
Reading this post made me feel like I'm having a stroke.

What?
Rook says "I get that" and it somehow translates into a seemingly complex decision.

This is the purest example of "tell, don't show", a bad writing technique. You say that something happened, instead of showing it.

Couldn't they have written an extra line? Without that notification on the left you wouldn't have learned that something meaningful happened.

You pick an option and get a result, while the actual dialogue does not showcase it.

I can picture writers in the background slamming character figurines together, "now kiss!", because it seems like the most important goal of their interactions.

Camel

Scholar
There will be Dexers playing this trash because "the combat is fun" and they'll be totally oblivious to the deluge of retardery and degeneracy flowing through their ears.

In a way I envy such autism. The world must be such a nice place if you can't perceive half the shit that's happening around you in this day and age.
It's not that I like combatfags but BG2 was the last time BioWare had good combat.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's not that I like combatfags but BG2 was the last time BioWare had good combat.
Jade Empire had decent combat too.

Camel

Scholar
I like Jade Empire and the plot is great but button-mashing combat was disappointing. DA:V has a snowball's chance in hell to attract combatfags/buildfags like Pathfinders and Rogue Trader.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
reddit having a meltdown

"i like the cookies better"
"everyone likes the cookies better"
"i'll eat the fruit. thank you"

it's like they took notes from the people who make parodies of oblivion writing

So, the player char is gay going by that voice acting.

No that's just the Yank Male version. You can also select a British speaker for Rook.

kapisi

Educated
Reddit whined that the qunari was shown the least of all the companions. Probably because her content is the most controversial and doesn't open up until later in the game.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
q4vdp4.jpg

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Most boss fights:
Stun style > Sneak in some damage > Stun style > Sneak in some damage > (...)
Absolute trash.

The system worked better during group fights but it's passable at best.

Rieser

Scholar
reddit having a meltdown

"i like the cookies better"
"everyone likes the cookies better"
"i'll eat the fruit. thank you"

it's like they took notes from the people who make parodies of oblivion writing

"I have reported the account as they also have been replying with abusive comments (wishing for violence on people who are LGBTQIA+)"

They really are going to add the full alphabet eventually, aren't they?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Surely that isn't real? Surely the writing can't be that retarded and vacuous and "for modern audiences?"
It's real sadly. These characters sound like they just walked out of a Starbucks in California rather than being in a fantasy setting hunting a dragon.

https://files.catbox.moe/vmkcvc.mp4
This...
This dialogue feels like a lame low effort parody of tumblrcore writing.
The fact it's real is oddly disturbing.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom