Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: The Veilguard releasing on October 31st

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age: The Veilguard

https://blog.bioware.com/2024/08/15/release-date-preorder-blog/

We’re excited to finally share the release date for Dragon Age: The Veilguard, which is officially October 31, 2024 worldwide! Please note, this is a simultaneous release; we will announce exact timing at a later date. We want to extend a huge shout out to the Dragon Age community for your patience and enthusiasm; we can’t wait for you to jump into the role of Rook and embark on your journey to save Thedas. We know the wait has been long, but the wait will be worth it.

In the meantime, we want to give you a hint at what’s in store for you in Dragon Age: The Veilguard. You’re leading a desperate fight for the future of Thedas with your companions, the stakes are higher than ever. So grab a seat and click on the thumbnail below to watch this brand new trailer (includes some small story spoilers).

“As someone who’s been working on Dragon Age for over 15 years, I know just how much our community has been looking forward to this day, and I’m equally excited to share and celebrate that the game will officially launch on October 31,” said John Epler, Creative Director of Dragon Age: The Veilguard. “We wanted to give you the choice to really express yourself, and do that in a world full of adventure and danger. So whether you’re a Warrior, Rogue or a Mage, we can’t wait for you to gear up, gather your party, and set out for another thrilling adventure through Thedas this Halloween.”

As a character-driven RPG, Dragon Age: The Veilguard offers you a crafted experience woven from the threads of rich storytelling and fantasy worldbuilding the franchise is known for. In this bold, heroic adventure, you will experience expansive and dynamic stories that navigate love, loss, and complex choices that affect relationships and the fate of each member of the Veilguard. In true Dragon Age fashion, these bonds of fellowship are the foundation upon which Rook’s journey is built, and it will be up to you to determine how their personal story unfolds.

What’s Coming?
ICYMI, we released our August Roadmap this week! Next week, we’ll have a dive into our game’s combat and more information on our PC Specs. There’s a lot more to come in September and October, too; so keep your eyes peeled on our socials.

We’re beyond excited to be on this adventure with you, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on the game. Chat soon.​

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
1. How did they get the character models to look worse than in a 2015 game called Witcher 3?

2. The Dragon's animations lack any feeling of weight

3. I'm not playing a game with racially diverse elves in it.

4. Who watches this trailer and says "I want to see this story"?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1. How did they get the character models to look worse than in a 2015 game called Witcher 3?

2. The Dragon's animations lack any feeling of weight

3. I'm not playing a game with racially diverse elves in it.

4. Who watches this trailer and says "I want to see this story"
5. Who watches this trailer and says "Thanks for showing me all that actual game-play and not a bunch of pre-rendered cut scenes"?

:bioware:

jaekl

Learned
Patron
who is actually going to A. play the slop and B. admit to it?
Inevitably, at least one Codexer will post that he played Veilguard for 317 hours and it was terrible. :M
That would be a good post and well-worth reading. The really awful posts are when they play for 300 hours and try and tell you it's actually a good game after all. I'm about to barf just thinking about it.

Xorazm

Cipher
who is actually going to A. play the slop and B. admit to it?

Some insane person forced themself to play all of Inquisition for the edification of the crowd and their hate-fueled rants as it got progressively more terrible got me to make an account in the first place.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
AAA game and people are already so sure it will be trannified DEI garbage that no one is commenting on it past page 1.

Bladderfish

Augur
I can't help but laugh at the colour of the main character. It's like they thought, "Can't make him white. That isn't right in 2024! That would just be pandering to the main demographic! But... if we make him black we'll just look woke. How about right in the middle?"

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess. But the puppeteered corpse of Bioware deserves all the face-stomps it gets.

duke nukem

Augur
When i saw this trailer, i thought meh...but then i read youtube comments and saw this:

""Did i just see rogue can holster 2 weapon, so i don't have to switch it Inventory?? Damn that convenient""

Holyshit! Thats true. This made me extremely excited! I have feeling other rpgs are going to copy this feature.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The dislike to likes ratio is too high for a release trailer... It cannot be denied there is many signs that this game will underperform.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom