Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Can't wait for a sequel, heck... even a well done PC port would make my day.

Delterius

Arcane
Double post but... I just googled 'Dragon's Dogma PC port' to see if anything was new on that front. Ran into a gamespot thread discussing about it and...

its a mediocre game, so and thats being polite

Poster's avatar:

2331178-2331174-_liara_mass_effect__by_ban___kai-d3l7cr3.png

Just thought this would make someone's day a bit better.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It's THE most underrated game of this generation, it had absolutly no coverage from either mainstream media or anywhere else. Dark Arisen came out this year and you don't see it mentioned anywhere... it would easily top most Best RPG of 2013 lists.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
It's THE most underrated game of this generation, it had absolutly no coverage from either mainstream media or anywhere else. Dark Arisen came out this year and you don't see it mentioned anywhere... it would easily top most Best RPG of 2013 lists.

Would not make gamebanshee's list :smug:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

I do hope Capcom can make a good sequel.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, they'll probably vote for the Realms of Arkania remake...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Yeah, they'll probably vote for the Realms of Arkania remake...

Fuck Game Banshee. They can take a cactus and shove it up their ass.

ColCol

Arcane
SO, is there a point to leveling other classes? I have a fully leveled (in abilities) ranger and striker.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
SO, is there a point to leveling other classes? I have a fully leveled (in abilities) ranger and striker.
getting their augs and unless you are max lvl getting the final stats you actually want.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

I think it's just mostly that nobody that writes for us has a PS3. I think Dragon's Dogma looks pretty cool but I am not buying a PS3 for it (or anything else)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I noticed... no Demon's Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Valkyrie Chronicles, Disgaeas, Nier, Atelier series... there were some good RPGs in the PS3 that got almost no coverage in the Codex/Watch/Banshee...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Would be fun, but not sure if relevant at this point to make a review... more like a "10 PS3/Console RPG's Restrospective" or something. That is something that really should be done, not that the generation has "ended".

Kem0sabe

Arcane

I think it's just mostly that nobody that writes for us has a PS3. I think Dragon's Dogma looks pretty cool but I am not buying a PS3 for it (or anything else)

You guys could outsource some console rpg reviews, at this point i have played more "hardcore survival" rpg's on consoles than on pc's.

Even the codex could do something like the Blackguards preview, with various codexers talking about and examining several console rpg's in a sort of retrospective round table. Infinitron

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Even the codex could do something like the Blackguards preview, with various codexers talking about and examining several console rpg's in a sort of retrospective round table.
We would probably hit the "Codex is for COMPUTER RPGs" motto, (vide butthurt around my Top 10 Console RPG list), but it's definitely something I would like to do.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cool, so let's do this? We shall gather a selection of console popamoles connoisseurs and make a console retrospective? Should probably make PS3 only, the DS is worth a article on it's own...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I think only Infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odyssey are Xbawks-exclusive RPGs... not sure how worthwhile they are though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Cool, so let's do this? We shall gather a selection of console popamoles connoisseurs and make a console retrospective? Should probably make PS3 only, the DS is worth a article on it's own...

I would love to help you out, but i have little time as it is for side projects, but in terms of my sugestions for the list (PS3 wise and only those i played): Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Ni no Kuni

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom