Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I should have made a mage pawn. I found that skimpy underwear but my archer can't wear it. I'm upset. How much of a pain in the ass is it to change vocations? I can transfer all the xp he earned in the fighter class over to the mage vocation can I? I have the metamorphosis thing.

You keep your level, but your vocation starts at rank 1 and starts from there. Same as the first game, except vocations are cheaper and therefore easier to move across into except some you have to unlock.
Well I was intending to have a warrior but now I've decided I want a waifu pawn that will net me massive RC.

Falksi

Arcane
Decent vid on the brass tacks of the microtrans...

It took years for normies to outrage about Capcom's microtransactions. IIRC it was possible to buy keys in RE2 remake and resurrection orbs in DMC5.

Very true.

Capcom have always been cunts, right back to the 90's, when Street Fighter 2 got a zillion renditions, all at full price.

Some of their SNES stuff was hilariously piss-taky; I remember hearing reused music from Super Ghouls N Ghost in Aladdin and was like "WTF?!?". The Megaman series is one of the best cons in gaming, God knows how many renditions of the same shit, and they couldn't even make the useless cunt duck lol.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Found a minor design oversight with the pawn assistance system.

Pawns have the ability to help you deal with minor environmental obstacles or lead you to chests or stones they've encountered with their player. So that's nice. Except, if a pawn has active quest help enabled, they will almost always take precedence over the pawn trying to boost you to a ledge, because both respond to the "Go!" command.

It kinda goes like this.

Pawn A(ngela White): Master, would you want me to give you a blowjob/help you reach that chest?
Player Character: Go!
Pawn B(itch, who asked?!): Forsooth, ye olde quest location clearly marked on ye map lies over yonder. Follow me!

ADL

Prophet
15 hour impressions: It's really good as a Fellowship of the Ring go on an adventure simulator. I just wish there was a little more to the open world than friendlies, bandits and monsters because it's already feeling a little stale. Imagine if this had something similar to STALKER's A-Life system. Feudal faction wars and territory control mechanics with proper NPC scheduling and a real economy.

This is just DD:DA but bigger and improved on better tech and that's perfectly fine but I was hoping we'd get more simulation now that the consoles aren't holding things back as much as they were during the PS3/360 era.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Anyway
Been playing for the last 2 hours

Surprisingly with everything on Low I can actually get 25-30 fps in the open-world
Funnily enough, the military outpost tanks my framerate by almost half, but its only when I enter it, by the time I reach the Riftstone it stabilizes to "normal" fps and I can prance about with no issues

Liked the new beggining, it's far quicker to get to the riftstone than DD1
The game also teaches mechanics quicker and more efficiently with the tutorial messages

From the what I've played of combat so far, it offers more actions from the get go - the fighter now has a perfect block, heavy attacks have more contextual acions and the new "follow-up attack" mechanic works quite well
Gobblins have also demonstrated more reactivity (one picked up a boulder and threw at me from the top of the hill) and higher intelligence (the moment my pawn started a healing spell one of the goblins broke ranks headed straight towards her)
It's also fun chunking dead gobbos at their mates :-D

Currently doing the harpy quest...

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
You can change your pawns sex and appearance but not the name. Fucking christ. Vavilov can be considered a feminine name right? I mean I'm not familiar with russian names but it sounds like it could possibly be feminine. Anyways she kind of looks a little like Vera Farmiga. I'll take it.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You can change your pawns sex and appearance but not the name. Fucking christ. Vavilov can be considered a feminine name right? I mean I'm not familiar with russian names but it sounds like it could possibly be feminine. Anyways she kind of looks a little like Vera Farmiga. I'll take it.
Google tells me it's more of a last name; so run doggy run

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
My pawns realize everyone in the party are women
"WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS!"
"This looks interesting"
"Tis naught to be ashamed of!"
"It bears the head of cock!"
"I'll scale it and strike from above!"
"Hold on Master! Be Strong!"
"Damn their shields! Strike from the rear!"
"Their every blow is fearsome strong!"
"STAY WITH ME!!!"
"Coming!"
"Coming!"
"Coming!"
"WE'VE DONE IT!"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Harpies seems a bit more agressive
Was executing one and another swopped down from behind and grabed hold of me, she flew some 10 meters high and dropped me
Death despite almost a full health bar :-D
Now granted I am still using the prision equiment, but could perhaps fall damge have been increased?

Anyway, reloaded the game - took nearly 3 minutes, my desktop is under the mininum requirements but I think this may also be a problem with he REngine - was more cautious and told my mage to be more agressive (Go! command) and managed to beat them this time
Pawn chatter and reactions are also more elabored

Overall this first session was fun and reminded me of my highschool days (before I had the current desktop) of trying to run Witcher 3 with potato settings :lol:

I think I'll install DD2 on my laptop (seeing as it's more powerfull than my desktop) to check its performance
But even if it plays at 60fps I'll unnistall it and will do so in the desktop as well
This game I will only play from beginning to end once I sell the old desktop and build a new one this summer
So after this weekend I'll be avoiding this thread and other sites until such a time

Hope the devs fix the technical problems and fast, it would be a shame if the game failed because of Capcom's bullshit... again

q8ffzp.webp
5u8999.webp

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Combat is super fun. Playing as a mage fighting an ogre. Frigor its ass then throw an iceblock to its head, got stunned. I threw it a tar barrel then flagration its ass like world war 2 and it caught fire and did tons of overtime damage.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It also has a weird issue with keyboard bindings
Here's my configuration bro (requires a 5 button mouse):

1fzk9r.webp

edit: it doesn't appear in the image, but all bindings from "Weapon Skill 1" until "Go to Items Menu" (with the exception of "Grab", "Throw" and "Seathe/Draw") are actually the "Switch Wapon Skill" button + [the respective binding]

MerchantKing

Learned
I hope all you pay piggies are paying up for those single lines of code. Those poor starving bankers won't be able to afford to eat if you goyim don't pay up! Please don't pirate the game either! That would be bad!

LGcw7eQ.png

sser

Arcane
Developer
Game runs like booty, but it's awesome. DD still remains the only game to give me any fantastical "wonder" feeling like Morrowind did 20+ years ago. It's also the closest thing to a Lord of the Rings-esque experience, with you and your party of bros venturing into strange wilds and battling giant monsters.

1711163092499.png

Artyoan

Arbiter
How are people finding the difficulty? I've seen numerous people say it is way too easy but I've watched a few streamers and I've seen a few dozen deaths already. Some of them being one-shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom