Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Maybe if you worthless cheapskate niggers bought the game at launch we'd already have that awesome expansion. Instead we get nothing because of you grubby jew fucks. Hope you enjoy the game you doomed. Just remember that the reason you get nothing else is you.

Suicidal

Arcane
Well, there are two main possibilities:

1. It gets randomly announced next month to probably get a November/December release
2. It gets announced during the Game Awards and it's only released in 2025

On SteamDB DD2 got updated quite frequently a few hours ago, so it's strange there are no announcements to be made.
I'm assuming since Japan doesn't care that much about Dragon's Dogma, Capcom is going to hold a separate, global presentation for the DLC?

Now that Itsuno left I kinda gave up hope on Capcom ever doing anything DD or DMC-related. I bet the management was like "finally this guy who kept insisting on making those weird games only a handful of autists played left, time to make more RE remakes".

Yes, I know Dark Arisen was directed by a different guy, but I doubt Capcom just decided on their own to make an expansion to a game with lukewarm reception without Itsuno's meddling.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, there are two main possibilities:

1. It gets randomly announced next month to probably get a November/December release
2. It gets announced during the Game Awards and it's only released in 2025

On SteamDB DD2 got updated quite frequently a few hours ago, so it's strange there are no announcements to be made.
I'm assuming since Japan doesn't care that much about Dragon's Dogma, Capcom is going to hold a separate, global presentation for the DLC?

Now that Itsuno left I kinda gave up hope on Capcom ever doing anything DD or DMC-related. I bet the management was like "finally this guy who kept insisting on making those weird games only a handful of autists played left, time to make more RE remakes".

Yes, I know Dark Arisen was directed by a different guy, but I doubt Capcom just decided on their own to make an expansion to a game with lukewarm reception without Itsuno's meddling.
DD2 and MonsterHunter games are using the same engine. Considering this it's actually a sound decision to do a DD game. Maybe one Capcom executive is not completly retarded.

edit:
RE Engine, also known as Reach for the Moon Engine, is a video game engine created by Capcom. Originally designed for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, it has since been used in a variety of the company's games, such as Devil May Cry 5, Monster Hunter Rise and Street Fighter 6. The engine is a successor to MT Framework, Capcom's previous engine

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
RE engine produces the best visuals imo. Say what you want about performance but those graphics are slicker than pig snot. I ain't seen anything more visually impressive than Jill's turd cutter bouncing around in RE3make ugh lawd.

ferratilis

Magister
Too bad it can't handle more than five NPCs in town. The fact that they still haven't fixed NPCs spawning a few meters in front of you means it's a hard limitation of the engine, not a choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom