Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Also a new update is already being worked on:

o2a7rq.jpg

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron

Will it redeem DD2?

edit: oh nevermind, no DLC teaser, just a new set of armor that can be traded. LOL

Thalstarion

Educated
I didn't hate the game but I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the original. I'm crossing my fingers for a Dark Arisen style update. There definitely needs to be an option to play through the game on a higher difficulty and there should be much more variety in regards to enemies. An additional landmass would be great, too. Especially something equal to or greater than Bitterblack Isle.

I'd also like more of the base game world to be adjusted - there's a lot of dead ends with room for new caves and treasures.

deuxhero

Arcane
Looks awful. Keeps the nonsense pairing of top and bottom layer elements DD2 suffers from. None of the pairings make asthetic or functional sense and seem to have been decided at random.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Now this is just retarded...
Even a simple "oh and by the way, we're working on a new update that introduces new content, stay tuned to our social media for the next few days" would've garnered some good will
As it stands, they're just giving people false hopes and cementing in their mind the idea that they've broken months long radio silence just to market an hilariously tone deaf update
What the fuck are they thinking here?

Last edited:

Shinji

Savant
Well, there are two main possibilities:

1. It gets randomly announced next month to probably get a November/December release
2. It gets announced during the Game Awards and it's only released in 2025

On SteamDB DD2 got updated quite frequently a few hours ago, so it's strange there are no announcements to be made.
I'm assuming since Japan doesn't care that much about Dragon's Dogma, Capcom is going to hold a separate, global presentation for the DLC?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
How's the game? Worth picking up on sale or full price?
Codex GotY 2024 Dragon's Dogma II is the best Action RPG since Dragon's Dogma. :M Purchase it at full price to support the development of similar games, including a DD2 expansion similar to the Bitterblack Isle expansion of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

tLDml7W.png

Yosharian

Arcane
It's a good game and the performance is much better now. It has some serious flaws though and I really hope they are going to release a DLC that addresses some of them.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
How's the game? Worth picking up on sale or full price?
If you liked the first you'll like this one
And at the current price it's well worth it (and you can even get it cheaper on Green Man Gaming)

If you never played any DD, it's basically a classic DnD campaign: core gameplay loop is exploration > combat > loot ; quests are straigths foward affairs with some simple choices (don't expect Fallout complexity) ; you lead a party of adventurers in a Greyhawk type setting ; an emphasis on the feeling of "grand adventure"
Basically almost like a Gold Box game, but instead of turn-based combat and full party control, it's real-time action combat and you only control the party's leader which can issue simple commands

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom