Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

deuxhero

Arcane
Demo likely coming. Steam updates have been changing DD2 and a mystery game listed as free on demand in the same update with some frequency.
https://steamdb.info/changelist/22366398/

I assume Mage will remain the most common pawn vocation if it's still the default healing spell dispenser

If it's like the last one, I preferred using a different class for my pawn and then hiring mage pawns that had the skill set I wanted. It can help you get yours hired more too just because it stands out a bit more than it might.

It was easy to find a pawn with healing spell, but nigh impossible to find one with that and good AI settings and good other skills (fire affinity, heal, debuff purge)

Mud'

Scholar
Demo likely coming. Steam updates have been changing DD2 and a mystery game listed as free on demand in the same update with some frequency.
How many vocations are left?

I am still betting that when they are all out, they are going to release the demo.

They already released the basic vocations and the jack of all trades one, maybe demo next week? But i also doubt it since it would be too early.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I am still betting that when they are all out, they are going to release the demo.

They already released the basic vocations and the jack of all trades one, maybe demo next week? But i also doubt it since it would be too early.
Realistically the yellow and green advanced vocation and their hybrids.

Maybe the pink and purple are special case and wouldbt have base or individual advanced coloe, but i dont see why green and yellow wont have hybrids and advanced.

deuxhero

Arcane

Given Capcom's history of demos/betas being cracked and datamined, they may very well hold it till release. Otherwise I'd guess a month (Feb 22), or a week (March 15) prior to release

Late Bloomer

Scholar
New mage gameplay

Spoilers: looks slightly better than DD1 mage but still looks boring.

I hate Capcom USA, always introducing diversity and corruption in all they touch.

California delenda est.

The video you are commenting on (I assume you are talking about the disgusting thumbnail) is from their Japanese channel. Don't pretend they aren't pozzed too.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1708343257643392.jpg

Suicidal

Arcane
Started a new DD1 playthrough in anticipation, which makes it one of the tiny handful of games I will have played more than once. Gonna do a mystic knight run cause at the moment there's no guarantee it will be in the sequel.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That armour looks awesome, hope there are more like it in the game
Well, for only $24.99, you can buy 5000 nexus points and go to the cash "Rift Shop" and check out some pretty sweet outfits. Each outfit costs 4750 NP and the lowest priced item is 1038 NP.

You can buy NP in packs of 1000, 2500, 3600, 5000, and 99,999. Happy gaming!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The could have just implemented knuckles, claws, gauntlets or even talismans as weapons for monks if it was such a big issue.

One of the best looking (animation wise) vocations is the mystic spear. That could have easily been made into a a stave wielding monk, alternating between the weapon and grapples, kicks and punches for special abilities.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Is that even real? It's dated over a year ago and seems to be talking about the original game, rather than the sequel. Retarded reasoning for sure at any rate.

At least we know DD2 won't be balanced at all, since they decided to keep instant inventory healing in the game.

It is talking about the original game. Although it would later end up that some of the stuff the Dragon’s Dogma account was posted about cut content from the original game at that time would be things that would show up (like the Beastmen race) in the new game.

Dragon’s Dogma Online did end up putting a “melee” class in, the Alchemist, which even funnily has a Power Geyser and Raging Storm. You’d think the Vocation would have Capcom fighting moves, but it’s got SNK.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It would have been another prestigious reference, to the monk character class introduced into original Dungeons & Dragons by Supplement II: Blackmoor, continued in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition, transferred to another setting in the Oriental Adventures hardcover book, and even included in BECMI D&D in the form of the optional mystic character class intended only for NPCs. +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom