Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Silverfish

Arbiter
a month after the game is out you people are going to be posting "there could be another vocation master hidden somewhere in the gameworld, until the dataminers and speedrunners have taken the game apart there's really no way to say for sure"

Made worse by the fact that malicious people will lie about having encountered trainers for unique vocations at specific times and places just to cause confusion (I am one of those people).

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Realisticaly, the game will probably be datamined and the classes listed and bugs found in their skills before the game is even released. Can't hide shit in games these days.

Shrimp

Liturgist
Media blackout is the only way to actually have a pure gaming experience these days. It sucks.
Or the developers and publishers could keep their cards close to their body until the game releases which may or may not be what they're doing right now.
It just sucks that when confronted with these situations the current gaming landscape has conditioned you to start second-guessing if they're actually being deliberately secretive or if they've already shown everything they have to offer.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Or the developers and publishers could keep their cards close to their body until the game releases which may or may not be what they're doing right now.
Even that doesn't really matter though in the majority of cases. Someone will leak a review copy or data mine the pre-release download and it'll be all over every platform driven by clicks. Which is all of them. It's not even a matter of not looking for info about that game in particular; it'll end up in some meme or something and you'll see it anyways.

b-b-but there have to be basic vocations for the beige and purple colors in the trickster's graphic!!!
They could be hybrids of advanced vocations you unlock later
Given the wandering master system, they could be basic vocations you unlock later as well, with no requirements except finding a teacher.
a month after the game is out you people are going to be posting "there could be another vocation master hidden somewhere in the gameworld, until the dataminers and speedrunners have taken the game apart there's really no way to say for sure"

This is a game where they’ve already talked about how they’re hiding boss encounters around the map that players may never encounter.

Anonona

Learned
And how they have taken out quest markers from the map and minimap in favor of letting the player discover things for themselves or relaying on the guidance of pawns, which some quest in DD1 tried to do but didn't fully committed. Is clear devs do want to try and hide as much content as possible before the game releases. Even if I don't have hopes for more hidden vocations, is not out of the realms of possibilities. Just remember that they sold a T-shirt with the symbols of the 9 vocations that were revealed so far and then went ahead and revealed Warfarer. Which is even more significant if you know that in Japanese the vocation is actually called "Arisen", which does gives it a certain air of importance and makes the omission on the merchandise more damning.

Of course, it may just end up being a case of the devs hiding the fact that there is no content, which I hope is not the case but also a sad possibility.

I think if they weren’t going to follow the same basic structure of how Vocations worked in the first game, that instead of every base Vocations having its own color, the Advanced Vocations being a darker version of their base color, and Hybrid Vocations showing two colors...they’d just have split Vocations into three types like Dragon’s Dogma Online. In Online, Vocations are just split into: Attacker, Support, and Tank. It wouldn’t have to be that specifically, but if this was it I’d think they’d go for something like that, and the new way you unlock new Vocations would definitely lend itself to going that way. But everything being color coded the way it is implies it’ll work like the first game, and they just either haven’t shown everything yet, or just aren’t going to show it and leave it up to players to discover.

There is also the possibility it’s just going to be added as DLC later. This is a game that according to those pre COVID leaks was originally meant to 2022. With them originally looking to release it before Street Fighter 6 and Resident Evil 4 Remake; which in the leak were also 2022 games, but those also only got pushed back into 2023. This game basically got pushed back a full two years.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
We got any info or footage of the Mystic Archer or the Mystic Lancer (or whatever it's name is)?

I'd look stuff up myself, but like Damned Registrations, I'm trying assiduously to avoid spoilers.

Anonona

Learned
We got any info or footage of the Mystic Archer or the Mystic Lancer (or whatever it's name is)?

I'd look stuff up myself, but like Damned Registrations, I'm trying assiduously to avoid spoilers.
Not much. There are a few snipets here and there, but nothing too substantial. Capcom is releasing "Vocation Overview" trailers, they just released Archer, Thief and Fighter, eventually they should do the same for Magic Archer and Mystic Lancer

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Unless they release a demo, I think I am going to check out of following any more news and media until release day
There's enough info already for me to trust the game's final quality

Also

If you look closesly the minotaur loses a horn after the shot is fired

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unless they release a demo, I think I am going to check out any more news and media until release day
There's enough info already for me to trust the game's final quality

I assume you meant that you don't think you will. :)

Anyway, I agree, I haven't checked any of this stuff out for months. I might backtrack around to some of them after I've had a chance to play it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Probably too late for them to introduce a fancy collector's edition. Of all the games these days, this is thee one I would want to have a collector's edition and we get jack shit. Of course.

Shrimp

Liturgist
I assume Mage will remain the most common pawn vocation if it's still the default healing spell dispenser

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I hate Capcom USA, always introducing diversity and corruption in all they touch.
Breaking_Bad_S04E01__Box_Cutter__-_Denny%27s_Scene_0-25_screenshot.jpg

mediocrepoet

Patron
I assume Mage will remain the most common pawn vocation if it's still the default healing spell dispenser

If it's like the last one, I preferred using a different class for my pawn and then hiring mage pawns that had the skill set I wanted. It can help you get yours hired more too just because it stands out a bit more than it might.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

If it's like the last one, I preferred using a different class for my pawn and then hiring mage pawns that had the skill set I wanted. It can help you get yours hired more too just because it stands out a bit more than it might.
It was easier getting a decent healer than a pawn who was kitted with a good combination of utility or damage skills. In fact all you really need for a healer is the single heal spell, the rest can be almost whatever. My biggest and only reason why I make my pawn something else than a Mage.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Spell effects for the mage look nice but gameplay wise it looks about the same as DD1, the least fun class to play. The hold to charge and then aim mechanic of spells like healing is really unintuitive on a controller.

mediocrepoet

Patron

It was easier getting a decent healer than a pawn who was kitted with a good combination of utility or damage skills. In fact all you really need for a healer is the single heal spell, the rest can be almost whatever. My biggest and only reason why I make my pawn something else than a Mage.

Yeah, you'd go for the heal, the cleanse and any buffs or other support you might want. Then possibly an elemental slinger if you were going to fight physical resistant enemies or other class, depending on what you were doing. My main pawn was always set up to complement my intended main class / playstyle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom