Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Self-Ejected
Must be sad not being able to enjoy a game anymore!
Cv25Tsz.jpg

You can say what you want, but at the end of the day I'll play the game and have fun while you probably won't get a release and out of desperation you may resort in playing some past blobber with an artstyle that will look like something made by some high schooler using paintbrush.

(Speaking of artstyle. That picture is very cool)

Mud'

Scholar
I am hopeful that after they do the 2 classes showcase videos left, they announce a demo coming out or some shit, i really need to try it out on my PC before buying it on PS5.
I got excited for this releasing for like half a minute then I remembered that all modern games release in alpha state

Looking forward to playing this in 2025!

If anything, Capcom has been pretty damn good with their releases as of late, going from RE7, MHW, RE8, Rise, DMC V and the RE: Remakes, they been very fucking good, they always felt complete and most of them i hadnt have issues/bugs on them.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Have they said anything about a BBI style dungeon being available in the base game? That was such a big part of OG Dragon's Dogma. It would be pretty lame to hold something like that off for an expansion.

Shrimp

Liturgist

Given the footage and dev info so far, I would guess the game world will be roughly larger than Skyrim's
I don't know how DD1 compares to Skyrim in terms of size but they've said DD2's game world will be about four times larger than the one in the first game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I don't know how DD1 compares to Skyrim in terms of size
There's no exact meassurements
But I would estimate that in walkable area Gransys is like somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of Skyrim

For reference Skyrim is 37km², so if the devs are being precise in their assement (and my guess is correct) DD2 world map is around at "best" 74km² (just 5km² shy of Elden Ring) or 49km² at "worst" (still 8km² larger than Oblivion)

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Have they said anything about a BBI style dungeon being available in the base game? That was such a big part of OG Dragon's Dogma. It would be pretty lame to hold something like that off for an expansion.
The original Dragon's Dogma did not include the Bitterblack Isle megadungeon added by the Dark Arisen expansion, and I expect that any such purely-optional, high-level megadungeon would similarly be an expansion or DLC for Dragon's Dogma II. What I do hope for, in regard to the base game DDII, is for the dungeons in general to be larger, to enhance exploration. The original game did well with the resources available to the development team, but they were hampered in various ways by budget limitations from fully implementing their original vision for the game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The original Dragon's Dogma did not include the Bitterblack Isle megadungeon added by the Dark Arisen expansion, and I expect that any such purely-optional, high-level megadungeon would similarly be an expansion or DLC for Dragon's Dogma II. What I do hope for, in regard to the base game DDII, is for the dungeons in general to be larger, to enhance exploration. The original game did well with the resources available to the development team, but they were hampered in various ways by budget limitations from fully implementing their original vision for the game.

And to have some sort of coherent storyline, not like: I did some stuff to meet the Duke, I met the Duke, here's some sort of cult, I found them, oh look a dragon, now I'm god! :lol:

The game was originally meant to have the Endless Tower (and the Moon) before being cut down into the Everfall. The original idea of the Endless Tower sounded like a combination of the Everfall and Bitterblack Isle on top of being where multiplayer would happen. The moon was also meant to be a large dungeon.

If they’re getting the chance to do the stuff they couldn’t in the first game, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s something like Bitterblack Isle in the base game. Maybe even more than one big dungeon like that.

mtdH05c.jpg
t2v7j0e6up361.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

And to have some sort of coherent storyline, not like: I did some stuff to meet the Duke, I met the Duke, here's some sort of cult, I found them, oh look a dragon, now I'm god! :lol:

I'm actually completely fine with there being a barebones main plot; if anything I'd like the side quests to be disentangled from the main plot further so you don't need to scour the whole fucking world 7 times or follow a walkthrough to avoid missing them like you did in DD or Elden Ring. Those quests were some of the coolest parts of the first game and it's a shame how many people saw basically none of them because they'd already explored an area they take place in in a previous chapter or whatever. Connecting whether or not some bandits want you to to go deal with some rival bandits or meeting a witch in some illusory woods to having killed some totally unrelated monster is dumb. Just open that shit up from the begining and if it's high level and spanks me I'll come back later or struggle through on my own pace.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I'm actually completely fine with there being a barebones main plot; if anything I'd like the side quests to be disentangled from the main plot further so you don't need to scour the whole fucking world 7 times or follow a walkthrough to avoid missing them like you did in DD or Elden Ring. Those quests were some of the coolest parts of the first game and it's a shame how many people saw basically none of them because they'd already explored an area they take place in in a previous chapter or whatever. Connecting whether or not some bandits want you to to go deal with some rival bandits or meeting a witch in some illusory woods to having killed some totally unrelated monster is dumb. Just open that shit up from the begining and if it's high level and spanks me I'll come back later or struggle through on my own pace.

I don't have any problems with a barebones plot, but it's glaringly obvious that the MQ had a lot cut out and what's left is like listening to a story told by a small child with ADHD. It would have been nice to have some more quests or even just lore books or something that flesh out a few things like say the Northern Manse, or the Salvation cult, or the midget who follows you around and then reveals himself only to get stomped. DD1's main plot is sort of like a mad libs D&D campaign. :lol:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The game was originally meant to have the Endless Tower (and the Moon)
>we were going to the Moon
>the Moon was cut because there was no budget
>DD2 is to be the game that DD was trying but couldn't be
>DD2 is made in the REngine
>the logo of the REngine is a hand reaching for the moon
>internally the REngine is called "Reach for the Moon Engine"
>the Moon is in

300px-Shocked_Black_Guy.jpg

Wtf bros!?
Was this Itsuno's master plan all along?
Were all Capcom games since MonHun World nothing but foundations for DD2?

It all makes sense now - MonHun as the base for the big beast and open areas, RE games to test, optimize the engine and make money for DD2 budget, DMC5 for the combat, the "multiplayer" and to restore our faith in Godsuno

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_.jpg

being where multiplayer would happen.
If there's anything like this in the game, I suspect it will be something like DMC5 - in some floors you can see the other players in the distance, in some floors you're separate but working towards the same end-goal (and one player can enact a change in another player's section of the floor) and in a few floors you actually have joint jolly cooperation
I have the sneaking suspection this approach to multiplayer is derived from Itsuno's hobby of triathlon...

Monster Hunter World is not in RE Engine. That was still good ol’ MT Framework. You see how good World looked and it’s like: Why the fuck was Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite made with Unreal Engine 4?

I too, also suspect if this game has multiplayer in certain parts it’ll function like DMC5’s guest system. I wonder what the deal is with the DMC5 multiplayer. Because I’ve got DMC5 on PS4, and I don’t have whatever the fuck Sony calls their paid online Xbox Gold thing, but I still had the multiplayer function working...which is the only non-free-to-play I’ve seen with online multiplayer. Maybe it has something to do with the nature of it, how you’re just randomly dropped in-and-out and it only happens from time to time in some levels.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I wonder what the deal is with the DMC5 multiplayer. Because I’ve got DMC5 on PS4, and I don’t have whatever the fuck Sony calls their paid online Xbox Gold thing, but I still had the multiplayer function working...
Are you sure they were actual players?
Because if you're offline the game will either have the devs ghost data "playing" (under the name DMC CREW) or your own ghost data

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
The original Dragon's Dogma did not include the Bitterblack Isle megadungeon added by the Dark Arisen expansion
No shit, but it is part of OG Dragon's Dogma, you autistic fuck. My point is I want something like it in DD2's base game rather than it appearing as an expansion.

I wonder what the deal is with the DMC5 multiplayer. Because I’ve got DMC5 on PS4, and I don’t have whatever the fuck Sony calls their paid online Xbox Gold thing, but I still had the multiplayer function working...
Are you sure they were actual players?
Because if you're offline the game will either have the devs ghost data "playing" (under the name DMC CREW) or your own ghost data

Yeah, they had names. I wasn’t offline, I just don’t have PlayStation Plus, so I was surprised to see actual player names instead of the DMC CREW sometimes.

Anonona

Learned
Hope there's a ninja vocation
If they end up including Ninja, i could see it being the hybrid Mage/Thief class, weapon being either katanas or kurasigama, and it would be able to use Ninpo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom