Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

notpl

Arbiter
Hope there's a ninja vocation
If they end up including Ninja, i could see it being the hybrid Mage/Thief class, weapon being either katanas or kurasigama, and it would be able to use Ninpo.
You've already seen all of the game's vocations! That clip is just the Thief! Class-based RPGs don't hide half the classes before release to the extent of intentionally keeping them out of every single incidental second of gameplay footage, the entire point is for people to know the classes in advanced so they can talk about what kind of character they're going to make and generate more hype! Aaaah!

Anonona

Savant
You've already seen all of the game's vocations! That clip is just the Thief! Class-based RPGs don't hide half the classes before release to the extent of intentionally keeping them out of every single incidental second of gameplay footage, the entire point is for people to know the classes in advanced so they can talk about what kind of character they're going to make and generate more hype! Aaaah!
While I don't harvest any real hope that there will be more vocations than the ones shown so far, the information that they had been sharing about DD2 up until now is surprisingly limited compared to other releases. We have been shown less monster variety than DD1, we know very little about the new setting and the world. Just a few day ago they had introduced the concept of the Pawn plague which seems like a completely new mechanic, and a big one if it messes with pawns, as the pawn system is part of the core of DD, as well as an important new addition to the lore.

At this point is still plausible that they may be hiding a lot of things about the game, specially considering interviews with the developer who stated he whishes for the players to discover things by themselves. More vocations are not completely out of the question and you can't really blame fans from speculating. The lack of information is the only thing that makes me a bit wary about the game and what will probably make me wait a bit before playing it to confirm that what they have shown so far in the trailers is all that there is.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
That's strider innit
Teef

Strider has been separated in two

You've already seen all of the game's vocations!
>we're supposed to believe there are no advanced vocations for thief and archer
>we're supposed to belive there's isn't hybrid vocations combinations of all 4 four main vocations
>we're supposed to believe the purple and pink colors of the trickester vocation aren't 2 new base vocations

Yeah... I don't think so

If they end up including Ninja, i could see it being the hybrid Mage/Thief class, weapon being either katanas or kurasigama, and it would be able to use Ninpo.

I could see a “Ninja” Vocation being a hybrid Fighter/Archer thing were you’ve got some sheathed sword that can do ranged slashes like Jubei in Ninja Scroll and Vergil in the Devil May Cry game. I don’t think it’ll be called a Ninja, but it’ll essentially be a Ninja. Maybe the Stider name will get reused there, Capcom’s Stider character has long range slashes as well.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Splitting strider up has some interesting implications. Will the ranger/thief hybrid class be strider now? Or would assassin get moved to that position? I do wonder with Ranger if it's going to lead to a class or too especially focused at very long range combat. Didn't have many options for that before. I could see them introducing a crossbow class as well, or possibly even firearms or javelins.

I also think we see Silat from Berserk (which heavily influenced Dragon’s Dogma) as the basis for one or two “Ninja” Vocations.

djEPUrz.jpg

sahEaP2.jpg

Splitting strider up has some interesting implications. Will the ranger/thief hybrid class be strider now? Or would assassin get moved to that position? I do wonder with Ranger if it's going to lead to a class or too especially focused at very long range combat. Didn't have many options for that before. I could see them introducing a crossbow class as well, or possibly even firearms or javelins.

I don’t think they bring back Strider as a hybrid Ranger Thief Vocation with access to both weapons. That’s what Warfarer is for. Before Warfarer that seemed possible, but afterwards I don’t see them having a hybrid Vocation that gives you two weapons like that.

I think advanced Vocation Archer is either some rapid fire gun like crossbow, or it’s like the total opposite and it’s some kind of cannon weapon like Gut’s has hidden in his hand. Or it just is guns that have cartridge-less ammunition so you’re throwing guns away after firing them, and that little Gut’s Berserk cannon is in there as a move.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ninja being a thief-mage is faggy grognard shit.

Ninjas should be invisible beheading machines like in Wizardry or Elminage, dodging and insta killing everything (included final bosses) while being naked.

At the very least, highly mobile lethal Katana users with some cheap tricks under the sleeve.

notpl

Arbiter
b-b-but there have to be basic vocations for the beige and purple colors in the trickster's graphic!!!
They could be hybrids of advanced vocations you unlock later
Given the wandering master system, they could be basic vocations you unlock later as well, with no requirements except finding a teacher.
a month after the game is out you people are going to be posting "there could be another vocation master hidden somewhere in the gameworld, until the dataminers and speedrunners have taken the game apart there's really no way to say for sure"

Damned Registrations

b-b-but there have to be basic vocations for the beige and purple colors in the trickster's graphic!!!
They could be hybrids of advanced vocations you unlock later
Given the wandering master system, they could be basic vocations you unlock later as well, with no requirements except finding a teacher.
a month after the game is out you people are going to be posting "there could be another vocation master hidden somewhere in the gameworld, until the dataminers and speedrunners have taken the game apart there's really no way to say for sure"
Yes, but also if I haven't found one myself after a few hours I'll check online and if nobody else has found a new one either, I'll refund. If the game really only has 10 vocations it's a sign they've fucked up massively somehow.

Crayll

Liturgist
It would be extremely strange to only have advanced vocations for two of the four basic ones, so I don't buy it that they've shown all of them off.

Damned Registrations

It would be extremely strange to only have advanced vocations for two of the four basic ones, so I don't buy it that they've shown all of them off.
The only way I could see it happening is if they've got half of them shunted off into some DLC scheme, and in that case, I don't care how good the game is, crapcom can go fucking twist.

Shrimp

Liturgist
I find it difficult to imagine they'd add Thief as a basic vocation just for it to be a dead end with no upgrades. On the other hand I also doubted right from the start that we'd get hybrid vocation combinations for all the basic colours we'd seen at the time.
If I were to hazard a guess I'd imagine we'll only get hybrid vocations for the original three colours (yellow/blue/red), four advanced vocations for the four basic vocations with the additional vocations like Trickster and Warfarer just being standalone unique additions.
Hopefully they'll prove me wrong and have far more than that though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom