Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Some of the hair options are straight from other REngine games (Leon and Luis from REmake 4, Dante and Nero from DMC5)

And now, they remove hybird classes
Dunno about hybird classes
But there's still hybrid classes

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Slider edit mods are out. The height and boob size minimums were completely artifical. Someone deliberately handicapped the character creator.
N91IjrN.png

aARg9YQ.png

Well fuck you too Crapcom!

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Miyazaki's series of poorly put together Dungeon Lords ripoffs
The last King's Field game was released some years before Dungeon Lords...

It seems Warfare won't be able to use the Master Skills of other vocations and one of their Skill slots will be used for changing weapons, so technically speaking they can only use 3 skills instead of 4.
Cool
It's pretty much a "jack of all trades, master of none" class
It's a good way to balance it out

they don't know why original was a decent game.
It's being directed by the creator of the original

Anonona

Learned
Actually I have low expectations
Probably the best position to take, can't be dissapointed that way.

So I expect they got budget, and then they had no idea what to do with it, and in many areas of the game we would see a "we have no clue what we are doing" programmed with excellent workmanship skills.
While definitively a possibility, DD1 was both the pet project of Itsuno and just half of the game it was supposed to be*. They may actually have a solid plan of what they want the game to be if only because it would be "DD1 but with the stuff we cut".

*Source: Itsuno conference talking about DD1. It talks about the development and the things they had planned but couldn't make it in. I time stamped the moment he say that the final product was half of what they had planned.

Slider edit mods are out. The height and boob size minimums were completely artifical. Someone deliberately handicapped the character creator.
Motherfuckers, I knew by the footage and the trailers that at some point the creator was able to make shorter and smaller characters, they probably even used it to make the NPCs just as they did in DD1, including the children.

One of the retarded reasons that they may have imposed this limit is probably because now you can visit brothels if the ESBR rating is anything to go by, but they could have just not include brothels if it was such a big issue.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Motherfuckers, I knew by the footage and the trailers that at some point the creator was able to make shorter and smaller characters, they probably even used it to make the NPCs just as they did in DD1, including the children.
It's possible there might be some physics jank when certain heigth limits are passed
Itsuno also confirmed that those things still affect stats and more subtle character properties, so it could also be a matter of design

Anonona

Learned
It's possible there might be some physics jank when certain heigth limits are passed
Itsuno also confirmed that those things still affect stats and more subtle character properties, so it could also be a matter of design

Maybe, but knowing how Capcom is and seeing as some images of pawns on early builds shown them to be 150cm height, I, sadly, think is more about avoiding bad publicity and trying to appeal to some imaginary western sensibilities. But I won't denied that what you said is probably part of the reason too, specially because it was confirmed, as you said, that physics play a more important role in combat.

Anonona

Learned
A complete non-issue only pedos get mad about.
Having the option won't make the game good, and lacking it won't make it bad, but certainly worse, if even a bit. Considering DD1 had the option just makes it more insulting.

Besides, I'm not fan of companies curating their products as if their audience was retarded and incapable of separating reality and fantasy, specially when the game is rated M, so it isn't supposed to be played by teenagers or children anyways. Finally, give them an inch and they will take a mile. In the grand schemes of things, it may not be much, but next you know they will cut more and more stuff.

Turn_BASED

Educated
I've had videos playing in the background and I've heard "Everquest" about thirty times by five or six different people so that's a good sign.
This guy says it in this video, too. I don’t know if this guy has shit taste or not but it provides a good overview of what he expects the game will be like:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's a matter of context. If the height slider were the one thing Crapcom did that was off, it'd be a non-issue. When you put it beside everything else they compromised to get ESG points or appease retarded journos or rabid twitter warriors or their greedy ass marketing department... fuck 'em.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
N91IjrN.png

aARg9YQ.png

Now we only have to pray that this shit will work online...

Elttharion

Learned

Maybe, but knowing how Capcom is and seeing as some images of pawns on early builds shown them to be 150cm height, I, sadly, think is more about avoiding bad publicity and trying to appeal to some imaginary western sensibilities. But I won't denied that what you said is probably part of the reason too, specially because it was confirmed, as you said, that physics play a more important role in combat.
There has been a coordinated effort to remove lolis from japanese media and push the idea that Japan is a nonce paradise and 'that needs to change'. Vice did a hit piece on it, Amazon censored games they published in the west and now Capcom added restrictions to DD2. Steam is also refusing japanese games if they have loli characters. There is more stuff too that I dont remember right now. You might agree with it and dislike that sort of content but its important to understand that this is being used as an excuse to change japanese media.

Anonona

Learned
Yeah, it goes way back even. Xenoblade Chronicles X for example had its character creator limited, you couldn't alter neither the height nor the breast size of female characters at all, supposedly to stop players for making young female characters. That without mentioning how they botched some of the gear to censor it despite such limitations. And now what they are trying to do is censor the games on the source to avoid the pushback they had received in the past years. And some japanese companies are forced to accept such restrictions for fear of their product being "blacklisted" like you mention happened with Steam.

Even those that consider "loli" characters pedophilic in nature should not see this as a decision done for the sake of common decency, but instead one forced upon by those that would denounce fictional character and then turn and push degenerate agendas in schools.

Anonona

Learned
This right here, is pure incline for me. The first game already made an attempt of making the journey to your destination be significant with limited fast travel, weight as a way to limit how many resources you can take and the wound system punishing sloppy play. This, coupled with how now healing wounds is even harder and the new camping mechanics, has the potential to making the simple fact of traveling the world a more engaging experience. Supported by different interviews were Itsuno stated both that he wanted to make traveling "fun" and how the game would be more challenging than the first one.

Sources:
Regarding travel - "Why less fast travel can be a good thing"

Emphasis on making travelling fun and making players actually take the slower option

“Just give it a try. Travel is boring? That's not true. It's only an issue because your game is boring. All you have to do is make travel fun,” Itsuno told IGN in a new interview, part of our the exclusive month-long IGN First coverage of Dragon’s Dogma 2. “That's why you place things in the right location for players to discover, or come up with enemy appearance methods that create different experiences each time, or force players into blind situations where they don't know whether it's safe or not ten meters in front of them.”

Regarding difficulty: "14 questions for Dragon's Dogma 2 director Hideaki itsuno"

Difficulty less about grinding, instead more about technique and knowledge required.
RGJ/USAT: How difficult or challenging is the game going to be? Is it going to be mostly like the first game? Do you have options to pick your difficulty? Has there been any changes in balancing compared to the first game for consumables like Throwblasts, which kind of became game-breaking?

Itsuno: It’s a pretty hard game compared to the previous one.

Usually, difficulty is determined by factors such as the time required, the technique required and the knowledge required. We made a conscious effort to reduce the elements that depend on time required.

In terms of the difficulty as an action game, one change that we've made is putting in a system that optimizes the difficulty according to the player. We also feel that we’ve successfully added some difficulty that people will enjoy as far as the role-playing elements that require you to play a character within a specific role.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
N91IjrN.png

aARg9YQ.png

I propose a happy compromise: The shorter you make your character, the higher the minimum breast slider setting is, and vice-versa.

That way, the shortest characters are explicitly womanlets (due to having large breasts), and the flattest characters are explicitly adults (due to being adult height).

There, now (almost) everyone's happy.

As a reminder, it's largely Westerners' faults that Capcom is more milquetoast and trying to avoid scandal like this. Same with the crackdown on modding their games. It's because of stuff  we did.

pickmeister

Learned
I am completely fine with extermination of lolis. It's revolting.
And especially so if other players' pawns are going to roam the world like they did in the first game. I don't wanna keep seeing pedo fantasies in my game.
If limiting height slider to 160 cm is one of the steps to achieve that, it's fine with me.

Sentinel

Arcane
And especially so if other players' pawns are going to roam the world like they did in the first game. I don't wanna keep seeing pedo fantasies in my game.
If limiting height slider to 160 cm is one of the steps to achieve that, it's fine with me.
Same. Was fucking annoying seeing 99% of pawns being le ironic pedo shit. Fuck off retards.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Sentinel is ill.

Children are barely present in RPGs. If they're there, they're used for some comedic relief or for the "so cute"

But yeah like I said above, his homosexuality doesn't define him at all. He's a chill dude.

that girl seems like a qt tho would violently smash her pussy without permission

The annoying fucking girl from Absolution is going to grow into playable female 47 for #representation.

I didn't complain there was a faggot in a game

you can stare at girl ass this time around though

To be fair this girl is mentally retarded and I can't even believe her parents let her say this stupid shit online or expose herself like this.

I physically cringe everytime I hear her talk.

That girl is cute.

Who thinks like this?
I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter.
All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.
Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her.
As a man who has a daugher you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically.

joel basically doomed humanity so he could have girl to replace his daughter.

Jirae Hua Po: A tree spirit of Chinese lore that dwells in trees in which several people have hanged themselves. It takes the appearance of a beautiful girl in white clothes, but is much smaller than normal person. It does not speak, but has a voice as clear as small birds.

Raptor Muu Shuwuu: A monster of the lore of the Buryat people of Mongolian descent. It takes the form of a beautiful young girl and lures travelers, and when their guard is down, it opens a hole by piercing their head with its beak and sucks their brains.

Fiend Alice: A spirit that takes the form of an unidentified blond girl. Contrary to her innocent appearance, she is a fiend with unfathomable cursed power. It is said she is either the ghost of an English girl who died an unfortunate death or an evil spirit born from someone's wishful thinking.

Fallen Nebiros: A demon who is Hell's general and prosecutor, he is always observing the situations of demons. He particularly excels at manipulating the spirits and bodies of the dead, and is one of the most talented necromancers among demons.

Stop posting cute girls, it's making me feel very lonely and depressed.

Fought and killed some cultists in the city sewers trying to sacrifice a little girl.

You just know this bitch swallows. Puts on that pure girl façade but she's a total dirty cunt irl.

Does this game have cute girls?

Shrimp

Arbiter
Instead you'll be running into Winnie the Pooh and whatever other slider abominations people conjure up. There's simply no way to win when placing something as powerful as a 'good' character creator in the hands of the players.
It's time to revert back to picking between 2 to 4 preset options without any further customisation.

Sentinel

Arcane
Instead you'll be running into Winnie the Pooh and whatever other slider abominations people conjure up. There's simply no way to win when placing something as powerful as a 'good' character creator in the hands of the players.
You can just make normal, good looking women instead of children-sized figures.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom