Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
This thread is going on the medium quality route I see
Yeah...
That's usually what happens when you let schizos, idiots and doomposters in
They shit all over the place

Who thinks like this?
It's a famous copy-pasta dumbass

You and fork should remove yourselves from this thread, please

I recommend Starfield thread, your talents would be better employed there as your posts definitely match the game's quality

Or perhaps even the Elden Ring thread... I heard they like "challenging" and trite copy-paste content, so you guys would do wonderful among them

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
In the interview Itsuno said that height affects weapon attack speed, among other properties
this sounds retarded
why would height affect attack speed? what?
Would a dwarf attack slower than an elf, given a weapon of the same relative weight for their bodies?

Anonona

Learned
In the interview Itsuno said that height affects weapon attack speed, among other properties
this sounds retarded
Would a dwarf attack slower than an elf, given a weapon of the same relative weight for their bodies?
For what I gather, is not attack speed, but movement speed and attack range that changes depending your height. I'll guess tall character move faster and have longer reach, but regenerates stamina slower than shorter characters.

14 Questions for Dragon's Dogma 2 director Hiedeaki Kamiya
RGJ/USAT: Does a character’s body type still come with advantages and disadvantages? If I make a huge character, will there be areas I can’t get into?

Itsuno: So in Dragon’s Dogma 2, you won’t have any situations where you won’t be able to enter a place because of your body type. However, body type will still have an impact on your character’s stats or characteristics. If your character is taller then there will be characteristics that match that. If your character is shorter, there will be characteristics that match that.

For example, body type can impact the amount of weight they can carry or how fast their stamina recovers. Also, the length of their limbs affect the speed in which they move or the reach of their attacks.
So far, of all things I had read, I haven't found mention of height influencing attack speed, but I could have just missed it.

Sentinel

Arcane
this sounds retarded
For what I gather, is not attack speed, but movement speed and attack range that changes depending your height. I'll guess tall character move faster and have longer reach, but regenerates stamina slower than shorter characters.

14 Questions for Dragon's Dogma 2 director Hiedeaki Kamiya
RGJ/USAT: Does a character’s body type still come with advantages and disadvantages? If I make a huge character, will there be areas I can’t get into?

Itsuno: So in Dragon’s Dogma 2, you won’t have any situations where you won’t be able to enter a place because of your body type. However, body type will still have an impact on your character’s stats or characteristics. If your character is taller then there will be characteristics that match that. If your character is shorter, there will be characteristics that match that.

For example, body type can impact the amount of weight they can carry or how fast their stamina recovers. Also, the length of their limbs affect the speed in which they move or the reach of their attacks.
So far, of all things I had read, I haven't found mention of height influencing attack speed, but I could have just missed it.
Yeah I've read that interview and seems agreeable enough. I haven't read anything about attack speed.

deuxhero

Arcane
Slider edit mods are out. The height and boob size minimums were completely artifical. Someone deliberately handicapped the character creator.
N91IjrN.png

aARg9YQ.png

Well fuck you too Crapcom!
Now we only have to pray that this shit will work online...
DDDA's pawn system is good enough to detect even slight impossibility in stats. I really doubt it.

Spike

Educated
what's the appeal of this game why normies are so hyped about it?
Polish. That's it - it looks super polished and normies NEED a game to have polish/nice gwaffix in order to look into it. The systems and mechanics underpinning this game look great as well. However, the midwits on the Codex now have mistaken polish for shit, which is where I suspect the naysaying cry baby tryhards are coming from. Like this guy:
The absolute state of video games when westerners get hyped up over the revival of Japanese Skyrim for the PS3, now with more niggers and neo-pronouns. It's bad enough when coprophages here cum over Miyazaki's series of poorly put together Dungeon Lords ripoffs, but now the flops of the early 2010's get to wear the RPG crown?
Calling it Japanese Skyrim is pretty ridiculous and empty. I will level with you, though: FromSoft should just make better versions of Demon's Souls.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm expecting a Cyberpunk 2077 level disaster with how high the system requirements are for 30 FPS and the character creator leaking memory like a colander.

what's the appeal of this game why normies are so hyped about it?
The character creator, which has already been confirmed as deliberately neutered.

Elttharion

Learned
Mods will fix the neutered sliders but there are worse problems with the CC. Female characters have really a strange back anatomy while male characters are normal, the female characters posture and movements look mannish, there is a severe lack of hairstyles including some that were present in the first game, tatoos and markings look weird and you cant cover the entire body if you want to make a tribal warrior, skin and muscle definition is lacking, there are no or very few vibrant colors, etc. Voices are also pretty lackluster. Only thing it has going for it is that its pretty easy to use and see the results. Its not bad by any means but its at most a sidegrade compared to the first game (I would personally call it a downgrade but YMMV).

The first game was amazing in this regard and most of the problems were probably due to tech or budget limitations. Here some of them look like they are ideological (like height sliders) or that Capcom intends to sell some stuff as DLC like they did with Monster Hunter.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I'll guess tall character move faster and have longer reach, but regenerates stamina slower than shorter characters.

Isn't that how it works in DD1? Bigger character means more base stamina and slower stamina regen?

Never made much sense to me, but hey, game design abstraction...

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
A sequel to what is arguably the best Action RPG of all time:

crpg-book-expanded-edition-3-3-Page-472.png
crpg-book-expanded-edition-3-3-Page-473.png
*2nd best.

Dark Souls 2 is the greatest, but 2nd place is nothing to scoff at.

Dark Souls 2 is the greatest Souls game and yet a distant... distant second to Dragon's Dogma in pretty much every way from RPG mechanics, world simulation, and even setting and atmosphere if expansion DLCs are included for each.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Every man has a god given right to be wrong. Kudos to you mediocrepoet for standing up for what you believe in, no matter how foolish it is.

Says the guy who hasn't even played enough to know how to wipe out Death easily.
If I put in the work I could have done it. He just seemed cheesy and annoying to me at the time. His HP is retarded and the one-shots were goofy. I'd give him another try but I'm currently booked and DD2 is almost here.

I thought the final boss of BBI was easier.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Something I wanted from the first game that I know won't be in this one: let us design our custom pawn squad.

I don't want to have to wade through other peoples' mental illness to try and cobble together a decent party.

Also, almost completely unrelated, but it looks like my BG3 parody is releasing in the same window as DD2.

1710227181743.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Something I wanted from the first game that I know won't be in this one: let us design our custom pawn squad.

I don't want to have to wade through other peoples' mental illness to try and cobble together a decent party.

Also, almost completely unrelated, but it looks like my BG3 parody is releasing in the same window as DD2.

View attachment 47509

Well, maybe you'll have the #2 RPG of the year. :lol:

Carceri

Arcane
His HP is retarded and the one-shots were goofy.

I thought the final boss of BBI was easier.

It has a teleport, a sleep spell and only ONE attack that actually kills (it's Death after all, duh), and it is telegraphed and has a very slow animation. The only hard part is to prevent it from fleeing.

Whitout cheesing it, Daimon is not easier than Death.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Made 4 characters, 2 of each

Drake
drake-main-arisen.png

Raoh
raoh-2nd-arisen.png

Sofia
sofia-main-pawn-dd2.png

Was undecided between gold or silver, but a friend told me silver makes her looks a bit sickly

Diana
diana-2nd-pawn.png

A shame that the editor only allows to migrate one of each
Also a shame you can still only have 1 main pawn, would've loved to form a party of just those 2 girls

Still have a few ideas...
A middle age wizard, a thief ressembling the Persian Prince (from the Sands of Time triology), a dwarf, a witch, a weird tribal warrior, a redheaded huntress and a Khajiit thief (although that's already 1 character over the limit...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom