Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Mortmal

Arcane
Mods will fix the neutered sliders but there are worse problems with the CC. Female characters have really a strange back anatomy while male characters are normal, the female characters posture and movements look mannish, there is a severe lack of hairstyles including some that were present in the first game, tatoos and markings look weird and you cant cover the entire body if you want to make a tribal warrior, skin and muscle definition is lacking, there are no or very few vibrant colors, etc. Voices are also pretty lackluster. Only thing it has going for it is that its pretty easy to use and see the results. Its not bad by any means but its at most a sidegrade compared to the first game (I would personally call it a downgrade but YMMV).

The first game was amazing in this regard and most of the problems were probably due to tech or budget limitations. Here some of them look like they are ideological (like height sliders) or that Capcom intends to sell some stuff as DLC like they did with Monster Hunter.
If it's like the first game, you could meet other people's pawns online or recruit them, which renders modding them impossible.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Do we know anything about Pawn levelling? I'm assuming you're still limited to one, and have to rely on scouring the player created abominations for something usable?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also probably has ENIGMA rootkit russian DRM on top of it to prevent mods.

Wtf is capcom's problem with pc chads
They wanna money, PC users are using theirs PC for actually creative stuff and they are used to show theirs high technical skills gained by self-education, and click on few stuff and obtain game for free.

Console users are using device that would force them to PAY, and companies would get their money. Well obviously until someone reprograms chips on console, console users are just pure cash.

Some PC users are still using brain, or they are low income, and they are not willing to pay more than 30 percent on sale. (And they play pirated until they have money, or get bored with it. Contrast it with console and MAC users who are drooling until they either earn money, or force parents to pay for 30 hours of playing that game before they became bored.)

Also PC isn't locked from user and makes creating naked mods easier.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20240312233705_1.jpg

idk this is as close as i can get. probably can get few tweaks

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'm a human supremacist. Said before that I do not want non-human protagonists in Star Wars and I will not make my only pawn a cat person.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
His HP is retarded and the one-shots were goofy.

I thought the final boss of BBI was easier.

It has a teleport, a sleep spell and only ONE attack that actually kills (it's Death after all, duh), and it is telegraphed and has a very slow animation. The only hard part is to prevent it from fleeing.

Whitout cheesing it, Daimon is not easier than Death.
If you say so. Ultimately it came down to me not wanting to fight the MFer for two hours or however long it takes.

Kefa

Literate
Btw things basically confirmed for the PC release:

- ultrawide
- uncapped frame rate
- DLSS
- HDR
You know what hasn’t been confirmed? Good performance. There’s no way it’ll run good on an average PC considering the state of the console version right now.

Yosharian

Arcane

- ultrawide
- uncapped frame rate
- DLSS
- HDR
You know what hasn’t been confirmed? Good performance. There’s no way it’ll run good on an average PC considering the state of the console version right now.
Probably not, but with DLSS at least I'm hoping to get minimum 60 and possibly into the high 70s, 80s maybe.

If I can achieve stable 90 that would be acceptable performance to me, but that's probably being too optimistic... oh well, we'll see

Also my PC isn't exactly average

Kefa

Literate

- ultrawide
- uncapped frame rate
- DLSS
- HDR
Probably not, but with DLSS at least I'm hoping to get minimum 60 and possibly into the high 70s, 80s maybe.

If I can achieve stable 90 that would be acceptable performance to me, but that's probably being too optimistic... oh well, we'll see

Oh yeah I forgot about DLSS. Consoles missed out on that big time this gen. It came out around the same time as the current gen consoles too. What hardware do you have anyway?

cruel

Cipher
Dark Souls 2 is the greatest Souls game and yet a distant... distant second to Dragon's Dogma in pretty much every way from RPG mechanics, world simulation, and even setting and atmosphere if expansion DLCs are included for each.

Ah yes, such deep RPG mechanics: healing through inventory pause and random loot being the core of them :) World simulation with 5 distinct non-boss enemy types shines as well.

It's OK to like the game, but it's also cool to detect a strong bias towards something, when present.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dark Souls 2 is the greatest Souls game and yet a distant... distant second to Dragon's Dogma in pretty much every way from RPG mechanics, world simulation, and even setting and atmosphere if expansion DLCs are included for each.

Ah yes, such deep RPG mechanics: healing through inventory pause and random loot being the core of them :) World simulation with 5 distinct non-boss enemy types shines as well.

It's OK to like the game, but it's also cool to detect a strong bias towards something, when present.

I was thinking more like having character customization with height and weight having noticeable impacts, true considerations about light and darkness, water and other environmental hazards setting up a Dungeons and Dragon's style adventure setting. But please tell me more about bias and strawmanning.

Yosharian

Arcane

- ultrawide
- uncapped frame rate
- DLSS
- HDR

Oh yeah I forgot about DLSS. Consoles missed out on that big time this gen. It came out around the same time as the current gen consoles too. What hardware do you have anyway?
7800X3D with fast RAM, 3080

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom