Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Yosharian

Arcane
Too many fucking hairstyles how is a man supposed to choose

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I think I'm going for 7. Pretty happy how this turned out, now I just need to make an Arisen

pawn1.jpg

Dyet

Novice
I enjoyed the first game, though it was an unfinished mess. This game sounds great on paper. A sequel that didn't have half of its world and quests cut, with an interesting focus on physics and interactions with the environment in combat, no hand-holding and quest markers, time-sensitive quests, permadeath for NPCs, a more unforgiving healing system where pausing and eating enormous amounts of greenwarish can't save you, it all looks promising. Only confirmed downgrade so far seems to be the simplified equipment system. The director mentioned "dynamic difficulty" too, hope it's not some shitty level scaling. Aside from those, I'm not thrilled that they removed the ability to use multiple weapons for every single vocation that had it. Warfarer allows you to use three weapons at a time, but with only three weapon skills in total, so it's extremely limited in that regard. I like the fact that vocations are far more unique and specialized this time around, but that limitation seems like it leans towards sacrificing more fun and options in combat with an endgame vocation just for the sake of balance.

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Warfarer allows you to use three weapons at a time,
It has been confirmed in a Japanese interview that you will be able to carry the 9 weapons of the other vocations. I'll try to post the source later. Many skills from the first game are now Core Skills, so for example, by having equiped a Mage staff you will be able to heal even if you don't equip any Mage actions.

edit: Source using goggle translate

IGN Japan interview with Hideaki Itsuno about Dragon's Dogma 2

新ジョブ「アリズン」の詳細やマスタースキルの習得方法

――主人公専用の新ジョブ「アリズン」はすべての武器と使用可能とのことですが、一度に設定できる数の制限はどのようになっているのでしょうか?

伊津野:アリズンは最大9本の武器を同時に装備できます。これはアリズンだけです。インベントリに1から9までの番号を付けられる感じですね。装備重量は、そのなかの一番重たい武器のみが反映される仕組みです。

平林:「9本の武器を持っているんだけど、3本しか装備していない」というようなイメージで考えてください。3本のうちの一番重たい武器の重量と装備してない武器の加算が所持重量に関わってきます。ということは、持っているんだったら装備しておいたほうがいい。

伊津野:カスタムスキルの習得にも注意が必要です。本来のジョブで戦い続ける方がジョブのランクを上げやすく、新しいカスタムスキルを習得しやすくなっています。アリズンの場合は、ほかのジョブの経験値は本当に少ししか得られません。

Learn more about the new Arizen job and how to master the skills

The new job "Arizen" dedicated to the main character can be used with all weapons, but what is the limit on the number that can be set at one time?

Itsuno: Arizen can equip up to 9 weapons at the same time. This is only Arizun. It's like being able to number your inventory from 1 to 9. The equipment weight is a mechanism that reflects only the heaviest weapon among them.

Hirabayashi: Think of it like "I have nine weapons, but I'm only equipped with three." The weight of the heaviest weapon of the three and the addition of the unequipped weapon will affect the weight of the weapon. That means that if you have one, you should equip it.

Itsuno: You also need to be careful about learning custom skills. It's easier to climb the ranks of jobs and learn new custom skills if you keep fighting in your original job. In the case of Arizen, you get very little experience from other jobs.

tl:dr: Can equip up to 9 weapons. You can tag these weapons from 1 to 9 to decide in which order you switch to them (think weapons switching from DMC 5). As Warfarer, only the weight of the heaviest weapon equipped will count. If you carry weapons without equipping them they will weight you down too, so is better to haven them equipped or stored if you are not going to use them. Advisable to level the vocations you are interested first before using Warfarer.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
One thing I liked about Dragon's Dogma was the darkness.

The feeling of coming out of the tunnel dungeon, in unfamiliar woods lit only by lamplight, getting attacked by goblins from the darkness in all directions... great stuff. Only Gothic 1/2 did that better.

Modern games just are way too bright at night. Give me pitch black nights, please.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's funny that you can get Adolf and Chuck Norris as a random encounter in Dungeon Crawl. Adolf was turned into demon and can fuck you hard. Chuck Norris is OP as always.
Do you know that Dungeon Crawl is ironman by default? ...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Something I've always wondered when I was playing the first game and of course my pawn was a gorgeous waifu:

Is it unethical to have sex with your pawn? Since they're completely devoid of willpower and will follow your orders, they will automatically agree to coitus.

Isn't that like part of the backstory behind the DLC or whatever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom