Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Ezekiel

Arcane
Ass is related to hips. Her ass is wack.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It is definitely wack material. I'd spank that ass all day long and clap those cheeks. I have yet to see somebody challenge my girl's rear.

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys help me pick a hairstyle for my supermodel pawn innit

hairstyles.jpg
I see those pointy ears you damned elf sympathizer.
It's ok to like them. Perfectly natural.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
There’s no way it’ll run good on an average PC
According to Steam surveys, your average PC gamer has an RTX gpu: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
So it's safe to assume it will run adequately on the average gaming PC
Well it may be the most popular but it’s only 6% of the people.
I said "and RTX gpu", not "the RTX 3060"
If you click on the "Video Card Description" you can see the full list and before they go bellow the 0.5% mark, the most common items are RTX gpus (and even after that mark you still observe some RTX cards, as well as most AMD XT gpus which also should be able to run the game)

Really it's only chumps like me, that are the still using the bottom of the barrel, busted up, grills like the RX480 that won't be able to run the game...

:dealwithit:

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
This is some Monster Hunter shit. I mean, more than it already was. Guess I might not wither and die before Wilds come out.

Anyway, did anyone manage to get she-goat remade in the editor? I was thinking about making the most useless fighter Pawn possible.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It took me like 30 minutes to make a pawg I would bone from all directions and angles. I don't think the creator is all that challenging. It is if you're trying to make a specific person but if you just want t&a it's pretty straightforward, in a good way. It's also complex in a good way. Best character creator ever.
are they better looking than your sorceress?

Kefa

Literate
There’s no way it’ll run good on an average PC
According to Steam surveys, your average PC gamer has an RTX gpu: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
So it's safe to assume it will run adequately on the average gaming PC
Well it may be the most popular but it’s only 6% of the people.
I said "and RTX gpu", not "the RTX 3060"
If you click on the "Video Card Description" you can see the full list and before they go bellow the 0.5% mark, the most common items are RTX gpus (and even after that mark you still observe some RTX cards, as well as most AMD XT gpus which also should be able to run the game)

Really it's only chumps like me, that are the still using the bottom of the barrel, busted up, grills like the RX480 that won't be able to run the game...

:dealwithit:

This goes against my narrative and I don’t like it so I won’t do anything because I want to feel that I’m right.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So is there any reason not to raise your dude to the maximum height if he's going to be a two-handed warrior, other than for superluous cosmetic purposes? Ideally you'd want him to be as tall and swol as humanly possible correct?

Anonona

Learned
So is there any reason not to raise your dude to the maximum height if he's going to be a two-handed warrior, other than for superluous cosmetic purposes? Ideally you'd want him to be as tall and swol as humanly possible correct?
As far as we know, not really. Tall characters are ideal for warriors both for the reach and the ability of carrying more weight, as Warriors' weapons were the heaviest in DD1 and probably still are in DD2. Shorter character I think work better for vocations that wants to avoid damage, doesn't really care too much about range in the first place and prefer to recover stamina fast instead of having a lot, none which applies to warrior except maybe the last one, which we cannot know till the game releases and we see how Warrior's actions consume stamina.

The only practical reason for not picking the maximum height I could see is that you want to have a smaller hitbox to so you get hit less, but seeing Warriors' kit that probably won't matter much.

Shrimp

Arbiter
As far as we know, not really. Tall characters are ideal for warriors both for the reach and the ability of carrying more weight, as Warriors' weapons were the heaviest in DD1 and probably still are in DD2. Shorter character I think work better for vocations that wants to avoid damage, doesn't really care too much about range in the first place and prefer to recover stamina fast instead of having a lot, none which applies to warrior except maybe the last one, which we cannot know till the game releases and we see how Warrior's actions consume stamina.

The only practical reason for not picking the maximum height I could see is that you want to have a smaller hitbox to so you get hit less, but seeing Warriors' kit that probably won't matter much.
From what I seem to recall taller characters regenerated stamina at a slower pace than small characters. I could be wrong though and even if it's true I don't know if that mechanic will be present in DD2 either.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

From what I seem to recall taller characters regenerated stamina at a slower pace than small characters. I could be wrong though and even if it's true I don't know if that mechanic will be present in DD2 either.

Taller characters had more stamina but regenerated slower, whereas small characters regenerated stamina more quickly but had a lower maximum.

Bigger characters could carry more weight than smaller characters also, and character weight came in to play in a few areas such as how hard you are to stagger or blow back from things like strong winds and wing buffets.

The only place I'm aware of that small characters could get into were some of the goblin holes which basically added nothing to the game. But there are times when reach comes into play such as if you're hopping around as a warrior trying to smack down fliers, etc.

tl;dr In DD1 small characters suck ass and huge characters are objectively superior in every way. Even the regeneration difference can be overcome with consumables and you (I) tend to run around with a ton of everything once a character gets going.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom