Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's impossible to get vivid red hair or anything more exotic either.

All the more saturated reds look like awful dye jobs. Some sort of bronze is the best you can hope for.

Surprisingly, not all blonde tones are awful.

zfiL3KG.jpeg

Anyway, I can't get Clint Eastwood quite right, this editor is fucking garbage.

luaE9YS.jpeg
Clint Eastwood with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Looks like a stoner Ryon Gosling or something.

Anonona

Learned
Blame my references then, I just picked the ones where both the face and the body was easier to see.

6ad4ec4bbcbf694f9449ddbe7501ab43.jpg
latest
arnold-schwarzenegger-conan-the-barbarian.jpg

conan-the-barbarian-1982-1602517052.jpg

Anonona

Learned
Tried to tone down both the shiny skin and the musculature, trying to reach a physique more similar to the photos that Mediocrepoet posted and some I found online trying to make sure is from the first movie this time. Turns out the ones I used are for Conan The Destroyer

Conan-DD3.png

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
A shame there's no demo
It's cool the fact that created Chars will transfer to the actual (save plenty of time) and this is made to get people talking and sharing their creations
But they could've included at least the prologue as demo, so people could also check out how the game will run on their systems...

As for the Char Gen itself, I like it
It's quite more powerful than anything I've seen

The biggest flaw imo is the small variety of hair and facial hair options
While it has more options than DDDA, they seem less visually distinct
Also Human and Beastren hairs should've been separate, which is funny because their facial hair options are separated

Will post pics some other time

:smug:

ddda-party.jpg
ddda-party-2.jpg

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
The character creator is such a clear downgrade, can't make a genuine dwarf nor even give a BIG character appropriately proportioned BIG hands. But hey, at least the people who were looking forward to playing as a thundercat are happy, right? :?
I tried making a dwarf and he turned out pretty dwarvish.
81dJN77.png

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Tried to tone down both the shiny skin and the musculature, trying to reach a physique more similar to the photos that Mediocrepoet posted and some I found online trying to make sure is from the first movie this time. Turns out the ones I used are for Conan The Destroyer

Conan-DD3.png
That's not terrible. Needs more tweaking. Also he needs the warpaint from the blood orgy massacre.
conan_the_barbarian_warpaint_ver__1_6_scale_by_ddocustoms_dc3k88r-fullview.jpg

Probably my favorite scene from the film. Oh who am I kidding, every scene is my favorite.

Spike

Educated
, is there a scientific definition for being unable to play anything else than two-handed weapons? :)
Yeah it's called being an individual of uncommon good sense and prestige.
Only play warrior classes. Ever. And forever. In fact, Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't have enough warrior classes. There should be 5 more, all warrior. Paladin, Death Knight, Berserker, Samurai and of course, Barbarian.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
People are awfully worried about that height slider. I agree it's a dumb decision, but seriously, modding that is the work of changing 160 to 120 somewhere in the code that won't be that difficult to find.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
People are awfully worried about that height slider. I agree it's a dumb decision, but seriously, modding that is the work of changing 160 to 120 somewhere in the code that won't be that difficult to find.
Could be a problem with their new Engima Anti-Cheat/DRM engine.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Seriously. Can they just dive into a volcano please? And you know it's mostly pedophiles complaining about it. They want to make characters that look like children and sexualize them. Disgusting faggots.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Seriously. Can they just dive into a volcano please? And you know it's mostly pedophiles complaining about it. They want to make characters that look like children and sexualize them. Disgusting faggots.
I want to make goblin. They be not letting me.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ahahah well.... i mean i am like 153 so i am left out. But this dosn't make me a dwarf makes me just tiny. But i know aside some wholesome desire like to create a dwarf there are people that want a shorter slider to pander to their border pedophilia fetishes with lolis!
{edited for a family audience}
Why did the cuck mods edit your comment?
It was a pure MASTERPIECE!

Self-Ejected
Ahahah well.... i mean i am like 153 so i am left out. But this dosn't make me a dwarf makes me just tiny. But i know aside some wholesome desire like to create a dwarf there are people that want a shorter slider to pander to their border pedophilia fetishes with lolis!
{edited for a family audience}
Why did the cuck mods edit your comment?
It was a pure MASTERPIECE!
I have not the slightest idea :P

Anonona

Learned
The worst thing is that at some point in development it was probably possible to choose lower heights. We saw a image of a pawn whose height was 150 on one of the early shown builds, and if the devs used the character creator to design the NPCs like the first game, then we can presume that it could make characters are short as children, as a young girl is shown multiple times in trailers when they are speaking about quest givers. So it may literally be a matter of just changing an arbitrary restriction. Still is fucking bullshit that it has to come to that.

Tyrr

Liturgist
To be fair, it will be impossible to make a proper Todd Howard pawn with the current height restrictions.

Anonona

Learned
I'm making a list of everybody ITT complaining about the fucking height.
Do so and then send it to Itsuno.

Official DnD Webpage about dwarves

Size​

"Dwarves stand between 4 and 5 feet tall and average about 150 pounds. Your size is Medium."

That a game so heavily inspired by DnD won't let you create proper Dwarves, let alone Halflings and Gnomes, is a fucking sin. Also making 160cm the minimun height when many women are under that is so fucking stupid too. Not even 150cm, which still would have not been good as the minimum height, but at least more reasonable than fucking 160cm.

Renfri

Cipher
After finally getting character creator to work and playing with it for while, I think one thing that it lacks is better hairstyle options, for example seperate option for bangs etc. otherwise great creator. In the end, I totally just copied other people's work from hell hole of Reddit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom