Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drova: Forsaken Kin - 2D action RPG inspired by Gothic series

Sratopotator

Savant
anyone else keep seeing this game's name in the forum list as "Drova: Foreskin"?

Looks really cool!

Should probably change the name though.

Everyone's just gonna call it Foreskin.
I read the name as Drova: Foreskin.
Read the title as foreskin, but i'm drunk. You should change it either way.
:shredder:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's something weird about some games with 2D art making their characters' idle/breathing animation way too extreme.

I don't know about you, but when I breathe, I don't actually make my entire upper body tremble like crazy.

Harthwain

Magister
There's something weird about some games with 2D art making their characters' idle/breathing animation way too extreme.

I don't know about you, but when I breathe, I don't actually make my entire upper body tremble like crazy.
Nothing weird about it. It is done to prevent the feeling of characters being static. In old 3D video games NPCs moved their hands when they talked to make up for the lack of lip sync technology.

That said, here we have characters going up and down, which is probably easier to do than characters getting "bigger" and going back to normal, or swaying their arms a little, without moving their chests.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nothing weird about it. It is done to prevent the feeling of characters being static. In old 3D video games NPCs moved their hands when they talked to make up for the lack of lip sync technology.

That said, here we have characters going up and down, which is probably easier to do than characters getting "bigger" and going back to normal, or swaying their arms a little, without moving their chests.
I know, I'm not saying they should be fully static.
But there is something between no movement whatsoever and this kind of over-the-top body spasm.
Some games do get it right.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I like the atmosphere and ambience. Somehow reminds me of Moonstone. And map transitions remind me of these old adventure games such as Kings Quest VII.

How much content does your game have? I hope its not short.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom