Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still shithole

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
kwhFfUI.png

Necromancer + Medium Armor + Large Shield.

This seems the strongest character which I ever played in a D&D video game. I am not joking. Not even my Wizard(necromancer specialized)/Pale Master/Red Wizard of Thay on NWN2 + Spell fixes was THAT powerful.
  • Almost 80 PRR and 60 AC(about 40% in lv 23)
  • Capacity to self heal and heal my skeleton pet which dishes a bit less than 100 damage per attack
  • Ability to revive fallen allies as undeads, which means that you can heal then.
  • Ability to dispel the immunity from negative energy from undeads
  • A lot of save or die spells and Power Word : Kill which insta slay creatures with no save and the hp limit only applies on PvP. If you pierced the enemy SR and he lacks protection from OHK spells, he is dead.
  • Constructs? Just use metamagic in your tier 9 spells. Yes, you can cast maximized empowered meteor swarm.
  • Dual death auras healing myself for hundreds of hit points every few seconds.
  • A skeleton pet which is akin to a fighter hireling of the same level
  • If I ran out of spells, I can attack on melee and deal a bit of damage(not much but combined with my pet, is not as if I am worthless without magic)
  • Abilities which toggle when I lose 50% of my hp. A arcane barrier reducing all damage by 25% and discorporation reducing the damage by further 50%(except Untyped/Bane) and also giving Incorporeality.
  • Powerful SLA like necrotic blast which costs almost no mana and you can empower/maximize/intensify for free.
The downside of the build? Some NPC's cast sunburst on you and you as a vampire die instantly. Deathblock can't protect you.

If someone wanna play Wizard for the first time, don't waste your time with archmage. Is a worthless tree. Pick pale master and Eldritch Knight as secondary tree.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Sinister Secrets of the Saltmarsh coming out today.

Also Update 50 release notes here. They are reducing power creep by making all legendary endgame loot have the same power. So before they were bumping up the power of items with each new expansion (Ravenloft, Sharn, Feywild.) Now all items from Legendary Level 30 content will have the same power level. Items from Ravenloft will be just as powerful as items from Sharn, etc. This means that some new expansion loot will be depowered, but to make up for that they are depowering enemy monsters as well. They explain why they are doing this in much more detail in the release notes.

Also old epic items from older epic content (Sands of Menechtarun, Vault of the Night, Red Fens, Phiarlan Carnival, Chronoscope, Web of Chaos, etc.) are getting upgrades to match them to current power levels.

Reinhardt

Arcane
but to make up for that they are depowering enemy monsters as well.
Only at cap. Other epic monsters got - to saves and that's all. So there is still hordes of high hp mobs to sloooowly crawl in low epics for melees. Considering their planned changes for destinies in next update it will be even worse.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So new update today. People are butthurt.

DDO needs to do something about the crazy power creep mainly in epic levels. When DDO launched, the lv cap was 10 and then 12, 14(...), now people are talking about raising it to 35 if not 40. Enemies had like 80k hp on NORMAL difficulty in legendary, that is too ridiculous. Many new players stop playing DDO on epic levels due it.

I just hope that the butthurt people will not leave the game. There is no mmo like this. This mmo despite not being perfect, is the unique with a bit of RPG on it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just hope that the butthurt people will not leave the game.
Butthurt is mostly not because of nerfs but because they named adventure pack-size content update "mini expansion" so they could milk vip players twice - subscription and selling quests.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Then it has a justification. I mean, monetization of DDO is awful. I believe that DDO has the highest money spend per player on average despite a small population. Because lets be real, if you like wow clones, there are 6516516545651186*10²³ games to chose from. If you like 3rd editionesque games, you have a couple of single player games and this is the unique mmo.

Reinhardt

Arcane
And that's it? 1 upgrade item in final chest? That's their new craft system? Seriously? Who would run 50 partycrashers to upgrade 1 piece of equipment to lvl 20 version of it when you can just equip borderlands at 21 and forget about it. Basically if you didn't had few bags full of scrolls and seals before update you just don't need to bother.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When Magus of the Eclipse will come?

"In more immediate news, we're going to be retiring the Magister Epic Destiny and replacing it with Magus of the Eclipse, a brand new ED that focuses on Negative, Cold, and Necromancy spells, as well as weaving potent anti-magical defenses. Eventually The Magus of the Eclipse tree preview post will have a lot more information on why this tree specifically was replaced entirely instead of being refactored but that isn't ready for this early preview." https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...y-Preview-Epic-Destiny-Revamp-Design-Paradigm

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
And that's it? 1 upgrade item in final chest? That's their new craft system? Seriously? Who would run 50 partycrashers to upgrade 1 piece of equipment to lvl 20 version of it when you can just equip borderlands at 21 and forget about it. Basically if you didn't had few bags full of scrolls and seals before update you just don't need to bother.
I was just rereading the release notes and it says that it should take 2-3 runs of a quest to get enough ingredients for one item.
*Pack Ingredients will drop wherever Seals or Shards would drop in a moderate amount. It will likely take 2-3 runs of a quest to get enough of the material for 1 item. These ingredients are Pack Specific; for example the Pack Ingredient for the Chronoscope will be a Broken Sliver of Time. These ingredients are a guaranteed drop.
If you only got one from the quest it sounds like it could be a bug.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lvl 30 again. Will play for a few days probably before final human reincarnation while collecting seeds. Maybe it will be last time i could dire charge things after all.

Reinhardt

Arcane
No, seriously, they really fucked up with their new crafting. I'm running offering and raiyum daily for tokens and didn't see even one upgrade item in the last few days. No VoN upgrade items from jungle runs either. People on their forum reporting rerunning full desert chain few times including raid with results like this
mjXxixX.png

Not like other quest chains are better -
227943806_4673616962662577_5211982375577345165_n.jpg

So yes - if you didn't had full stash of bags with ingredients before patch you can forget about it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Hey, Victor, i'm kind of a wizard myself too

zDOiu83.png

Worst destinies. Literally nothing to spend points at.

Reinhardt

Arcane
That Time I Got Reincarnated In Another World As A Dark Elf Inquisitor Girl!

Level 3 now. Actually very underwhelming. Low, slow, single target damage. Had to grab Law dice just to add SOMETHING to it. When i have 12 points i will respec and learn Int to damage.
Could just grab staff and smack things in melee until i get slightly stronger but wanted to try ranged.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About magister, for a mage hater, the unique useful ability is :

'Nullmagic Aura' Epic Moment: Your comprehension of the arcane allows you to unravel spells at the base level, before they do any harm. When activated, for 20 seconds, you and allies near you are immune to harmful spells. Cooldown: 4 minutes https://ddowiki.com/page/Magister

Reinhardt

Arcane
It was first time i actualy enjoyed Kobold Assault. Just stand near the chest and play House of the Dead in general enemy direction. After finishing the mission i peeked out of the gate - there was at least dozen of reapers hanging on their spawn points.

Crafted my first item ever - nothing fancy, just some basic force bludgeon crossbow to carry me until ratcatcher, but at least it helped me to understand the basics.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I really wish that they will improve Magus of the Eclipse ED like they improved Pale Master tree....

New Pale Master tree is amazing. The unique retarded thing is that you no longer progress in forms. Before, you start with the shourd of the zombie, then Wraith then Vampire and finally Lich. Now, you at lv 3 can pick the shroud of the lich which is extremely nonsensical. Lv 3 characters should't be even able to become vampires(only vampire spawns). Lv 18 to become a lich was reasonable. That is my unique critique towards the new PM tree.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Got to lvl 8, grabbed ratcatcher, looked at available quests, stuffed it back into backpack. Fuck undeads...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom