Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Meredoth No idea why you can't get past lvl 25. I checked the DDOwiki to see if there was any limits on Free to Play players for leveling but didn't find any.

Also, logged in today and found that Night Revels was on in summer. The fuck?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Tome of learning is my top priority right now. Decided starting from this life to do only elite(fuck reaper, not with melee and not with these lags) difficulty and only once and without exp bonuses i'm constantly underleveled.
Btw
Leveled codexia again. Still shithole.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Tome of learning is my top priority right now. Decided starting from this life to do only elite(fuck reaper, not with melee and not with these lags) difficulty and only once and without exp bonuses i'm constantly underleveled.
Btw

I would go with more content (expansions) over tomes. As for experience (from DDO wiki)
Bravery bonus (Individual)
Once per life, you can get extra experience equal to 100% of elite XP as your bravery bonus. If your first run through is on elite or reaper difficulty, you receive the full bonus immediately. If you run on hard, you receive half. The other half is not lost, when you later run on elite/reaper, you can get it.
First-time difficulty completion (Individual)
When you complete a quest on a particular difficulty for the first time ever (per life), you receive bonus XP. If a quest can be run on both heroic and epic difficulties, then heroic casual/normal/hard/elite/reaper count as separate difficulties from the epic ones for this first time difficulty bonus (ie if you run a quest on heroic elite once, and epic elite once, you will get the 45% first time difficulty bonus on both runs).
Difficulty Extra XP
Solo, Casual, Normal, Hard 20%
Elite 45%
Reaper 95%

Level of quest vs level of highest character in quest (Party)
Compare the quest's equivalent level* to the level of the highest-level character to have entered the quest (even if they left after entering!). If that character's level is...
  • below, equal to, or +1 level above the quest's level*, there is no adjustment.
  • +2, there's a -10% penalty.
  • +3 = -25%
  • +4 = -50%
  • +5 = -75%
  • +6 = -99%
  • +7 or higher there is no XP regardless of any bonuses.
This over-level penalty does not apply to epic quests.
For purposes of determining equivalent level of a quest for XP penalty, take the base ("Normal") level of the quest and adjust as follows...
  • Casual subtracts -2 (to a minimum adjusted Lvl 1)
  • Normal and Solo = basic quest level
  • Hard adds +1
  • Elite and Reaper adds +2
I've seen guides for leveling (like this one) make use of the first time difficulty completion bonus by running quests first on Elite, then Hard, then Normal. You can be one level above the quests equivalent level and still get max xp. So you can do a lvl 6 quest on elite at lvl 7 and still get xp with no penalties. Being able to do traps also grants a ton of bonus xp. Recommend this build. Works fantastic on elite with hireling.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just don't want to do quests more than once each life. I mean if i can run quest on elite rerunning it again on lower difficulties sounds boooooring.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I just don't want to do quests more than once each life. I mean if i can run quest on elite rerunning it again on lower difficulties sounds boooooring.

Okay, I got you. But doing a build that can do traps does help a lot with experience. When disabling all traps in a quest you can get a bonus as high as 30%.

Reinhardt

Arcane
AND FUCK YOU TOO, GAME!
xVoqhEa.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't know what to do with night revels. Grabbed pet and some cosmetics, cloak and upgraded it to lvl 20 because i don't have any early epic cloaks, basic lvl 4 greatclub for smashing oozes on next lives. Maybe will grab second copy and upgrade it to lvl 20 for epic ooze smashing. Maybe set of greataxes for each level for fighter and barbarian lives.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I don't know what to do with night revels. Grabbed pet and some cosmetics, cloak and upgraded it to lvl 20 because i don't have any early epic cloaks, basic lvl 4 greatclub for smashing oozes on next lives. Maybe will grab second copy and upgrade it to lvl 20 for epic ooze smashing. Maybe set of greataxes for each level for fighter and barbarian lives.

There are some potions you can get recharge on cooldown that provide deathward and displacement. Also, you can turn chocolates in for Potions of Restoration. Pretty much the only place you can get potions of restoration.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Made set of greataxes and some throwing daggers. It's my last life as a human for a while. Time to reincarnate as lesser races like, may Allah forgive me for uttering such word, elf. Will go for drow, probably, for that sweet int point. Want to try something ranged - elves have no honor to fight in melee after all. Can't decide vistani or inquisitive.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Can't decide vistani or inquisitive.
I've heard vistani throwing dagger rogue is good. Might want to do a halfling, since they get a bonus to throwing weapons. Also, I was wrong about the potions, those are from mysterious remnants.

However, you can get "Almond Coated Shadow Apple" and "Darkswirl Caramel Bite" The apple gives a one hour festive bonus to melee, ranged and universal spell power. The Caramel gives a one hour festive bonus to physical and magical resistance for one hour. They recharge so you can use them again and again.

The text says they expire in 2019 but that is out of date, they do last forever.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Wait, wut. They are cheap so i thought they are one use items. Launched game and bought candies. Thanks for info.

Me too. I found out from the streamer I watch, Vodoospyce, that they do recharge. At first I thought he was wrong because like you said, they are so cheap they look like a one use item.

However, the cooldown for them is longer than the one hour duration. So unfortunately you can't have it up all the time. Still great buff.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Needed one more key to round things up. Instead got 7 keys in one run

JqXiXdU.jpg

In the end bought everything i could think, including rune arm, despite not even having artificer unlocked, augments and 100 sun flasks just for lulz.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Can't decide on ToEE. Exp is really good, but running it on elite on level as melee really hurts. In other quests of comparable level enemies can hit me only with crits, but here they are suddenly doing it with normal attacks too which considering their sheer numbers is not pretty + lots of casters and named enemies. + fucking fag wil wheaton.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As a caster, ToEE is pretty hard on elite too. However, if you pay for the ritual of fire the 25k and use a dimensional door imediately after picking water key, you can make it far easier. Against slave lords is a cool thing to do too, but the traps on that questline are too deadly.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Can't decide on ToEE. Exp is really good, but running it on elite on level as melee really hurts. In other quests of comparable level enemies can hit me only with crits, but here they are suddenly doing it with normal attacks too which considering their sheer numbers is not pretty + lots of casters and named enemies. + fucking fag wil wheaton.

Yeah you need a full party of other people to run that at level. It's definitely not soloable. I remember back when I first started on another server back in 2019 I ran that with a full party on elite. Took us over two hours too complete it. Had one guy drop out to go to bed.

But yeah, put up an LFM if you want to run that.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nah, not worth the trouble. Probably will just run it solo at ~12 after unlocking t5 enhancements. T5 paladin upgrade is YUUUUUUGE. Exp will be worse but still something but much faster and i'm doing it mostly for favor anyway.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i died twice today to traps because earlier i put +int goggles to activate some rune and then instead of my search goggles equipped some lvl 1 ones because they look same... Literally "so my search is not enough for trapping anymore, i need some equip with +. WAIT but I HAVE equip with +!" FFFUUUUUUUUU

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Rat maze dungeon is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Spent an hour there until learned it...

At first I was so frustrated by that quest. However, it is probably the most brilliant quest in the game. Feels like something I would find in a 3D platformer not an mmo. Having to get a bard hireling to kill the monsters that attack the rats was annoying.

This guy actually has this quest down to a science

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom