Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Having to get a bard hireling to kill the monsters that attack the rats was annoying.
It's not needed. I parked my cleric behind the corner with all zombies in aggressive hold ground and cleared with just rats. Enemy rats are actually useful to press buttons instead of running across the maze with your own rat.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hi I'm retarded. How do you check if you have "adventure/campaign packs?" I logged into an account I thought had the big giveaway of all those campaigns they gave away for free last summer but so far I can't locate any of them.

Generic-Giant-Spider

And how would one go about doing that? Yes I could try looking it up myself but I hate effort.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Leveled codexia again. Guess what? Yes, still shithole. Just one more level for better ship.
I'm really struggling this life. Doing every quest just once without exp boosts and few more big adventure packs leaves me constantly underleveled. Tome of learning moved from my top priority to absolute top priority. Only something like "Ravenloft -75%!" in next big sale weeks could stir me from it.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Soloed Crucible first time today and straight on elite. Skipped it in previous lives but now i need dat exp. I hate it. Probably never again. ~2 hours of my life...

I quite like DDO just because it gives you a bunch more systems and flexibility in character progression than most MMOs. Also the content is usually charming. Is the Codex guild still dead?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I quite like DDO just because it gives you a bunch more systems and flexibility in character progression than most MMOs. Also the content is usually charming. Is the Codex guild still dead?
Of course. There is like 1 person logged this year - me. And hoax but he's just doing it once in a month to not lose guild leader status.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Woo hoo. Finally got to epic levels with my buddy on my rogue. We have been doing all the saga's in order to get lot's of guild xp. Really enjoyed the gianthold saga. Found it funny that the quests features almost no giants and then in the final quest of the saga you pretty much slaughter the entire giant population of Xen'drik.

Really loved Masterminds of Sharn. Was hard as hell, since tons of the enemies are constructs that are immune to sneak attack and have tons of health. However, it had a very epic feeling to it and I honestly enjoyed it even more than Ravenloft. Hoping their next expansion goes to other locations in Eberrron.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Was hard as hell, since tons of the enemies are constructs that are immune to sneak attack and have tons of health.
I vaguely recall there was something that bypassed or negated that when I played as a rogue a year ago. Perhaps this?
https://ddowiki.com/page/Assassin's_Trick

Assassin's Trick: Activate: Target opponent loses 25% of their fortification and 25% of their immunity to sneak attacks for 15 seconds. (Cooldown: 6 seconds)

And after that:
Assassinate: Stealth Melee Assassinate Attack: On Sneak Attack: +10 Sneak Attack dice. Kills a target instantly, Fortitude save (10 + Rogue level + the greater of Intelligence or Dexterity bonus + bonuses to Assassinate) negates. (Cooldown: 12 seconds.)

I distinctly remember one-shotting some constructs, which was esp. easy when they've attacked someone else. I've had problems with multiple enemies, though.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I've had problems with multiple enemies, though.

Exactly. Assassins Trick is one enemy at a time, which is great for bosses that are undead or constructs but when facing a mob you have to prioritize your targets. Which I appreciate cause it keeps sneak attack from being too OP while not being useless against bosses.

Funnily enough, Assassinate actually works even on constructs and undead without assassin's trick. The instant death part not the sneak attack. Which mean you can insta-kill golems or undead no problem (unless they have deathblock.)

Reinhardt

Arcane
And i can't decide if i want to just reincarnate or go all the way to 30. Waiting for final sails week. If there is something gud for sale - i will reincarnate, if not - no.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Bought it btw. At least now i don't have to worry about stat tomes until they add +9 or something. Now i'm out of ddo points again. I hope inquisitive really is gud to quickly grab some past lives.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lv 19 now. In my second life, decided to play as a pale master/eldritch knight. Some enemies, mainly beholders uses anti magic ray. In my first life, I had to let my skeleton knight damage then. Now, I can just attack him, I have medium armor, an scepter in the right hand and a large shield in the left, my AC is almost 40 with almost no optimization, and my death aura provide healing, meaning that I can have a barbarian hireling dishing a lot of damage instead of a cleric, so if I can't cast, I am attacking with my skeleton hitting easily for 60 damage + the hireling + I, with the feats allowing using INT to hit + 6d10 damage from spellsword and this not counting with magical buffs. If I fall under 50% hp, a arcane barrier appears soaking 25% of the damage and the discorporation form PM too. My melee attacks also has a tiny chance of casting dominate on my enemies.

Amazing build, is a necromancer first and a death knight second, but having some melee capabilities to when you can't cast spells is amazing. Also, constructs, before I had to use expensive spells like disintegrate or meteor swarm to deal with then. Now I can just mash then and use my aura and armor to survive while my pet, hireling and I keep damaging then. I have way more durability which is amazing for squishy casters.

Now I probably can do ToEE part 2 without worrying about running out of spells.

Anyone tested Eldritch Knight as primary or secondary tree? The greatest downside is that armor is much rarer drop for wiz and that I deal way more elemental damage even on melee than physical damage.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Anyone tested Eldritch Knight as primary or secondary tree?
I haven't, but a DDO youtuber called Strimtom did.
He says with Eldritch Knight as primary tree and Pale Master secondary tree is a really strong combination. At the 8min mark in the video he goes over how he built the character if you are interested.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
And i can't decide if i want to just reincarnate or go all the way to 30. Waiting for final sails week. If there is something gud for sale - i will reincarnate, if not - no.
Are the sales over or? I can't find anything on their web and I don't have the game installed currently.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dragonborn is the unique premium race which I brought.

Anyway, almost 4.5k damage and barely started epic levels. Almost 40% crit chance

cr3ae81.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
And done. Leveled codexia again. Time to upgrade the ship.:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom