Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dusk, by New Blood Interactive: a frenetic FPS inspired by olDoom and Quake (2017)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You don't like Prodeus, Incision, Cultic?

orcinator

Liturgist
You don't like Prodeus, Incision, Cultic?
Retard Respawn Mechanics, Bland Overall, Couldn't bother to finish demo.
Prodeus might be worthwhile with an alternate gameplay mode, Incision might get better in the later episodes (like Dusk itself), though Cultic doesn't seem worth the eye strain.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Ach, the same person made Iron Lung, also on Steam. It's so awfully bad that it makes Dusk seem worse by proximity.
Was going to say "At least it's free", but it really isn't. It's just easily short enough (with zero replayability) that Steam refunds without question.
Still a waste of time.

Curratum

Ion Fury = Prodeus > Amid Evil > Dusk > Project Warlock = Hrot (Incision TBD, trending towards = Amid Evil)

The rest of them you basically want to avoid altogether because they're garbage.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Interesting. Thanks for your views. I don't agree but it's interesting to read.
Then what do you agree with? All these nuindi shooters are made by people with problems understanding the genre they're contributing to. I'm not sure whether you're saying you think these games are actually particularly good or not.

I don't want some poopy indie games about what the developers think ‘games’ were that are worse than some random mods from 20 years ago. I want real games made with the exact same attitude as the classics. Attitudes that gave us the real Doom, the real Quake, and all those ‘totally boaring and not foar meh’ story games like Unreal and Half-Life and whatever.

I'm cool so I'm ranting having not tried any of these games. Smugface.

Lemming42

Arcane
Fortune's Run is coming to save us. DUSK will be little more than a vague memory. Prodeus will be sunk. Even Ion Fury, the best of the lot so far, will tremble before the might of Fortune's Run.

Really though I think the best games of this scene are yet to come. Jokes aside, Fortune's Run is going to be fantastic if the demo is representative of the full game. Same for Selaco, which is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. HROT is already two-thirds complete and is a bit lightweight but is thoroughly solid and enjoyable stuff.

Also I want to draw everyone's attention to Hands of Necromancy, a criminally underrated and under-discussed entry in the throwback shooter scene. Great Hexen-like.

Curratum

Fortune's Run is coming to save us. DUSK will be little more than a vague memory. Prodeus will be sunk. Even Ion Fury, the best of the lot so far, will tremble before the might of Fortune's Run.

Really though I think the best games of this scene are yet to come. Jokes aside, Fortune's Run is going to be fantastic if the demo is representative of the full game. Same for Selaco, which is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. HROT is already two-thirds complete and is a bit lightweight but is thoroughly solid and enjoyable stuff.

Also I want to draw everyone's attention to Hands of Necromancy, a criminally underrated and under-discussed entry in the throwback shooter scene. Great Hexen-like.

You know how silly all of this sounds, right?

If you ask me, Fortune's Run dev will realize he bit off more than he can chew, massively downsize and cut features and release something that is just a shadow of what was promised. Or maybe he won't and you'll be able to enjoy the game in 2027, when the Terminators arrive.

I also don't understand how you can rank Hrot as "thoroughly solid", when it's measurably and quantifiably worse than Ion Fury, Amid Evil and Prodeus.

I tried a pirated copy of Hands of Necromancy, the combat bored me to tears 30-40 minutes in and I deleted it.

You should know better than that, Lemming!

Lemming42

Arcane
If you ask me, Fortune's Run dev will realize he bit off more than he can chew, massively downsize and cut features and release something that is just a shadow of what was promised. Or maybe he won't and you'll be able to enjoy the game in 2027, when the Terminators arrive.
This is my worst fear. Please don't jinx it.

2027 doesn't sound too bad, though. Five years, that's like, a lightning-quick development time nowadays.

I also don't understand how you can rank Hrot as "thoroughly solid", when it's measurably and quantifiably worse than Ion Fury, Amid Evil and Prodeus.
I'd rank it far behind Ion Fury, definitely, and maybe behind the other two as well ("solid" is pretty much the exact word I'd use for Amid Evil too. As for Prodeus, I sadly just can't get over the death system, despite everything else in the game being great). I really like the bizarre late-Soviet-nightmare vibe in HROT and I enjoyed the combat a lot, pale copy of Quake though it is.

I tried a pirated copy of Hands of Necromancy, the combat bored me to tears 30-40 minutes in and I deleted it.
Did you like Hexen? I thought Hands of Necromancy emulated the feeling of Hexen's combat very well, which is to say that you're perpetually rather underpowered. At least until you get the more powerful shapeshifting forms later in the game, which feel a bit more weighty than the wimpy spells you have at the start.

Don't crush my dreams. I just don't want to believe that Ion Fury - as great as it is - is the high watermark of this scene, and that we're going to be locked in a perpetual downhill death-spiral of quality from here onwards.

Curratum

Lemming42

All the negative things you said in that post, all of it is happening. You know it in your bones. I know it too. We're just swirling down the drain at this point, swirling round and round.

Fortune's Run looks very much like a boomer shooter No Man's Sky to me. You have this fear because you've been on the treadmill long enough, with everyone else, to know what will happen.

And yeah, I actually hated Hexen 1. Like, hated it a lot. Had fun with 2, using a walkthrough for the most retarded puzzles, but 1 was unsalvageable to me.

Sjukob

Arcane
Really though I think the best games of this scene are yet to come.
They've already come out 30 years ago, you know it. I really don't understand why won't people just play some mods or maps for the classics.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Fuck yeah, dats rite. DUSK will be swept into the dustbin of history, nobody will remember this crap when Fortune's Run comes out guns blazing.
Fortune's Run looks very much like a boomer shooter No Man's Sky to me. You have this fear because you've been on the treadmill long enough, with everyone else, to know what will happen.
The fuck you saying nigga? They got all the systems already implemented, they just need to churn out that sweet sweet content for daddy. Didn't you play the demo or sumfin? Peak shooter revival game without a doubt. This shit goes harder than all the boners you've ever had combined. The real deal, uncut, undiluted, crystal baby.

sosmoflux

Educated
This artless, charmless, stupid drivel is surely a test to see just how little effort these New Blood characters can put in and get away with it.

I don't know who to condemn more. David for making it, or the modern game industry for being dumb enough to fall for it.

Listen to that music he made man. Just bullshit bleeps and bloops anyone could make in 15 minutes.

Ivan

Arcane

sure, but get away with what? making a few pennies here and there. I doubt this will release for much cost at all. plus, hardly anyone here will buy it just by watching that video.

sosmoflux

Educated
Iron Lung was at least interesting. It was something. He used his money and clout and time to attempt actual game design.

Chop Goblins is a cynical nothing game. You have people struggling to push games forward again and taking risks to do unique and new things in a volatile industry. Then this guy shits out this garbage cashing in on his dumbass twitter following.

What a lazy pseud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom