Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dusk, by New Blood Interactive: a frenetic FPS inspired by olDoom and Quake (2017)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Looks like one of those shitty total conversions you uninstall after 5 minutes of playing with them.

Caim

Arcane
You niggas finally catching up with the Donut and starting to get that Nu Blud is a shit company and the only reason anyone bothered with that shit was cuz they were thirsty as fuck for a new shooter?
It's a donut because 10 years ago they released the Rise of the Triad sequel which was all kinds of jank, but several of the people working on it went on to either make boomer shooters of their own, got involved with New Blood or just composed the music for just about all of them. It all goes back to where it started.

Fargus

Arcane
This goblin shite is "overwhelmingly positive" on steam.
honklhonk.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
Why isn't this free. This is like a game from the days of Macromedia Shockwave, except somehow even shitter, and costing money. I don't like this Dave guy, I'm not giving him £4.

I imagine the high review rating is in large part down to the fact that everyone who bought the game, and thus gained the ability to review it, is a grade-A dimwit who would consider a high-pressure spray of liquid shit to the face to be "Overwhelmingly Positive" if it was released by New Blood and hyped up by some YouTuber sat on a sofa.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Not my cup of tea, especially since it's way too "lul so randum" compared to Dusk. However, if people are willing to pay for it, why not monetize it?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why isn't this free. This is like a game from the days of Macromedia Shockwave, except somehow even shitter, and costing money. I don't like this Dave guy, I'm not giving him £4.

I imagine the high review rating is in large part down to the fact that everyone who bought the game, and thus gained the ability to review it, is a grade-A dimwit who would consider a high-pressure spray of liquid shit to the face to be "Overwhelmingly Positive" if it was released by New Blood and hyped up by some YouTuber sat on a sofa.

new blood has nothing to do with chop goblins though...

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
You niggas finally catching up with the Donut and starting to get that Nu Blud is a shit company and the only reason anyone bothered with that shit was cuz they were thirsty as fuck for a new shooter?
It's a donut because 10 years ago they released the Rise of the Triad sequel which was all kinds of jank, but several of the people working on it went on to either make boomer shooters of their own, got involved with New Blood or just composed the music for just about all of them. It all goes back to where it started.
Shieeeet mang dat shit was so bad I forgot the RotT reboot turd even existed.

Caim

Arcane
Shieeeet mang dat shit was so bad I forgot the RotT reboot turd even existed.
Yeah, it wasn't very good. The soundtrack went quite hard, but that was almost entirely remixed tracks:

toughasnails

Seriously? They made the proverbial HD mod completely missing the purpose of retro graphics? Did anybody ask for this instead of, say, a sequel or even a mission disk?

Mindboggling.

:neveraskedforthis:
Eh, I take it's supposed to be a bit of memey/ironic take on the various HD mods for Quake and the like that used to be popular years ago. It's something I'd expect from him by now.

Also, AI upscaled textures are obviously considerably easier to produce than new maps or episode. ;)

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"finally a remaster after 40 years"

"Loved playing this game in 98. So glad it's getting the remaster it deserves."

ferratilis

Magister
When this game came out, I was hype about the "boomer shooter" rennaisance. But having played some of them in the last few years, as well as a few Realms Deep demos, I just want it to stop. There's nothing of note there, they can't even replicate what made classic shooters good: gunplay, balance, and level design. Games like Dusk and Amid Evil are decent, but just decent. Ion Fury has some of that Build engine goodness, but again there's absolutely nothing memorable about it, so you could just play Duke/Blood/Shadow Warrior instead. Project Warlock is kind of decent, but I found the visual design too jarring, like it's trying too hard to be retro and modern at the same time. HROT is unique, I guess, but also becomes bland after some point. Also, they turned brown to 11, even Quake 0.1 wasn't that brown probably. Prodeus went the Brutal Doom route, which immediately invalidates it as a classic shooter for me. Is there anything else even worth trying? I want to like these games, but when playing them, I just think I'd rather find some Doom wads or Quake maps to try out.

orcinator

Liturgist
When this game came out, I was hype about the "boomer shooter" rennaisance. But having played some of them in the last few years, as well as a few Realms Deep demos, I just want it to stop. There's nothing of note there, they can't even replicate what made classic shooters good: gunplay, balance, and level design. Games like Dusk and Amid Evil are decent, but just decent. Ion Fury has some of that Build engine goodness, but again there's absolutely nothing memorable about it, so you could just play Duke/Blood/Shadow Warrior instead. Project Warlock is kind of decent, but I found the visual design too jarring, like it's trying too hard to be retro and modern at the same time. HROT is unique, I guess, but also becomes bland after some point. Also, they turned brown to 11, even Quake 0.1 wasn't that brown probably. Prodeus went the Brutal Doom route, which immediately invalidates it as a classic shooter for me. Is there anything else even worth trying? I want to like these games, but when playing them, I just think I'd rather find some Doom wads or Quake maps to try out.
Overload

Freedos

Novice
And Northern Journey if you want something VERY unique since beginning to end.

Zortch is a fun mix of Quake/DN3D/N64 shooters elements with a huge bestiary with lot of mobility for awesome verticality.

Arthurian Legends if you want a Witchaven-like game, but in good. And better than good.

Turbo Overkill...I don't know if it's for you. The game follows a lot of Doom Eternal style but with its own twists, faster movement and better level design.

Severed Steel if you don't mind a slowmo, chaotic and objective-based gameplay. Movement is vital and even you can through most of walls and floors with a Megaman-like canon. It's not exactly classic style, but hey, if we are talking about indie FPS out of 90s FPS games shadow...

I think Amid Evil is a great game though.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Seriously? They made the proverbial HD mod completely missing the purpose of retro graphics? Did anybody ask for this instead of, say, a sequel or even a mission disk?

Mindboggling.

:neveraskedforthis:
I would've even settled for a new gun really

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ashes 2063

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom