Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA wins "Worst Company in America 2012", reacts butthurt

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How can EA be worse than the Bank of America Jews?
Bank of America is run by good Catholic boys. The CEO even went to Notre Dame.

And congratulations EA, you deserved it. Well, not really, but none of the truly evil companies were nominated.

Black

Arcane
Yeah, ITS isn't popular enough to get nominated.
Yet.

Dexter

Arcane
Btw. The Consumerist responded after that: http://consumerist.com/2012/04/ea-r...name-dropping-past-worst-company-winners.html

Usually when we announce the winner of the annual Worst Company In America tournament, the victor chooses to quietly reflect on their triumph rather than make a public comment. But not this year's champ, Electronic Arts, which has responded to being voted the WCIA winner by hinting that it's not as bad as other companies.

In a statement to Kotaku.com, an EA rep says:

"We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

Perhaps three out of four of those companies weren't nominated this year because they've already won. BP took home the Golden Poo last year. AIG won in 2009, and Halliburton was crowned the champ back in our first ever tournament in 2006.

Phelot

Arcane
Gotta love how they try and talk shit on other corporations like they aren't in the game of dicking over customers.

Black

Arcane
pdNPp.png

:troll:

20 Eyes

Liturgist
All those companies EA's rep mentioned are way worse than EA. But they haven't evoked the wrath of Internet Warriors, dedicated to preserving the online sanctity of neckbeard interests, so EA wins this one. Maybe one day when a BP oil spill seeps into the basements of the nation and ruins everybody's computer, the Internet Warriors will turn their wrath on the gas-moguls. But until that day comes, the worst company in America is the one that sells Call of Duty map-packs and left a legion of neckbeards with unfulfilled desires for a loving ending with their alien waifus. Rest easily, BP...

...for now.

Dexter

Arcane
All those companies EA's rep mentioned are way worse than EA. But they haven't evoked the wrath of Internet Warriors, dedicated to preserving the online sanctity of neckbeard interests, so EA wins this one. Maybe one day when a BP oil spill seeps into the basements of the nation and ruins everybody's computer, the Internet Warriors will turn their wrath on the gas-moguls. But until that day comes, the worst company in America is the one that sells Call of Duty map-packs and left a legion of neckbeards with unfulfilled desires for a loving ending with their alien waifus. Rest easily, BP...

...for now.
See above bro: "BP took home the Golden Poo last year. AIG won in 2009, and Halliburton was crowned the champ back in our first ever tournament in 2006."

Also, you're thinking Activision, EA has nothing to do with Call of Duty, get your shit right xD

Btw. Forbes joined in on the fun again somewhat:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-worst-company-in-america-now-what/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...rst-company-award-by-mentioning-past-winners/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...sumerists-list-of-worst-companies-in-america/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...les-bank-of-america-for-worst-company-mantle/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have to say those Forbes guys are pretty :incline: for a mainstream site. Not many fucks given about publisher advertising on Forbes.com I suppose

Random

Arcane
Patron
Holy crap, Average Manatee sure is butthurt about Sony. Good lord.

Kaol

Educated

...for now.

Whats so bad about BP?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have to say those Forbes guys are pretty :incline: for a mainstream site. Not many fucks given about publisher advertising on Forbes.com I suppose
Forbes is sponsored by a different sort of evil corporation, so they can bash software publishers all they want.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
What's up with Forbes and all these articles about ME3 and EA,how come they are so interested in video games these days?Or were they that interested before?

Holy crap, Average Manatee sure is butthurt about Sony. Good lord.

No other company has sold me a $300 item (OK I got it as a christmas gift, but same monetary loss) and then effectively bricked it on me intentionally.

Kz3r0

Arcane
:lol::lol::lol:
So their response is 'we are not evil,look we just added buttsecks to our games':hearnoevil:
Practically they admitted that thoroughly enjoy sodomizing their costumers, neat.

What's up with Forbes and all these articles about ME3 and EA,how come they are so interested in video games these days?Or were they that interested before?
Kill the shares and buy for peanuts, standard practice.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/5977/article/is-ea-the-worst-company-in-america-get-real/
Is EA the Worst Company in America? Get Real.

Some perspective on EA's newfound reputation as the "Worst Company in America."

by Ian Miles Cheong on 4th Apr, 2012

Many things grind my gears. If you follow my Twitter account you'll know just how often I harp on about issues that bother me.

The one thing that's managed to piss me off today is The Consumerist's declaration of game publisher Electronic Arts as "the Worst Company in America." The decision wasn't made by the staff of the site but was rather based on votes on a poll.
Predictably, gamers who felt burned by EA's DLC policies and others furious over Mass Effect 3's ending rushed to the poll to key in their vote for EA as America's worst corporation over the likes of rape-covering Halliburton, planet-destroying BP, and the persistently terrible Bank of America.

I don't have to point out how out of touch the verdict of this (arguably meaningless) poll is, but it just goes to show that in numbers, angry customers can be a menacing force.

That said, I'm not going to defend their vote. It takes a lot of selective reasoning to pin all of the videogame industry's problems on one company alone, when so many others—including every single one of EA's main competitors—have the exact same practices with DLC, promotion, and online passes. Some, like Activision-Blizzard, even go a step further with subscription-based services like Call of Duty Elite. And yet, despite all this, every company—even Activision, and of course EA—has its redeeming qualities. Notably, the games they make are good, and those are the reasons why we, as customers, keep spending our money on them.

None of these videogame companies—not EA, nor any other—is extorting us. None of them are causing us to lose our homes, our dignity, or our livelihoods.
Let's try to keep things in perspective.
Looks like EA"s getting a free ride.

Kaol

Educated
I would say EA has cost a few talented developers their livelihoods over the years.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/5977/article/is-ea-the-worst-company-in-america-get-real/
Is EA the Worst Company in America? Get Real.

Some perspective on EA's newfound reputation as the "Worst Company in America."

by Ian Miles Cheong on 4th Apr, 2012

Many things grind my gears. If you follow my Twitter account you'll know just how often I harp on about issues that bother me.

The one thing that's managed to piss me off today is The Consumerist's declaration of game publisher Electronic Arts as "the Worst Company in America." The decision wasn't made by the staff of the site but was rather based on votes on a poll.
Predictably, gamers who felt burned by EA's DLC policies and others furious over Mass Effect 3's ending rushed to the poll to key in their vote for EA as America's worst corporation over the likes of rape-covering Halliburton, planet-destroying BP, and the persistently terrible Bank of America.

I don't have to point out how out of touch the verdict of this (arguably meaningless) poll is, but it just goes to show that in numbers, angry customers can be a menacing force.

That said, I'm not going to defend their vote. It takes a lot of selective reasoning to pin all of the videogame industry's problems on one company alone, when so many others—including every single one of EA's main competitors—have the exact same practices with DLC, promotion, and online passes. Some, like Activision-Blizzard, even go a step further with subscription-based services like Call of Duty Elite. And yet, despite all this, every company—even Activision, and of course EA—has its redeeming qualities. Notably, the games they make are good, and those are the reasons why we, as customers, keep spending our money on them.

None of these videogame companies—not EA, nor any other—is extorting us. None of them are causing us to lose our homes, our dignity, or our livelihoods.
Let's try to keep things in perspective.
Looks like EA"s getting a free ride.

Rex already looking for a new job at EA now that his Reddit/GlobalPost shit was discovered?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Don't click that link. Rex doesn't deserve any bandwidth for his shitty site.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom