Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Make sure not to make hasty decisions campaign-wise. There's a point in the campaign when you can win [somewhat] prematurely (if it makes sense). Just don't activate things you're not sure you want to activate. Can't be more specific, or else it'd be a spoiler. :D
Hm. What exactly? I've managed to get to the end and I don't remember anything like that (maybe that's because those 40-something maps took me about a year to crawl through). Use spoiler tags obviously.

mondblut

Arcane
Hm. What exactly? I've managed to get to the end and I don't remember anything like that (maybe that's because those 40-something maps took me about a year to crawl through). Use spoiler tags obviously.

You must have never tried the not quite lawful good choices.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Make sure not to make hasty decisions campaign-wise. There's a point in the campaign when you can win [somewhat] prematurely (if it makes sense). Just don't activate things you're not sure you want to activate. Can't be more specific, or else it'd be a spoiler. :D

There's an artifact you can assemble by defeating various Masters, which you can then activate to end the game. I believe it's the fastest way to win the game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So, today I managed to erase all of my campaign progress by surrendering in a battle for my home shard (I was pissed at losing an autobattle with 'the enemy is more fucked than a blowup doll in a weeaboo's house' odds) which apparently just ends your entire campaign instead of sending you back one turn. Weeee.

So should I bother restarting the campaign (I was fairly invested already, was starting to unlock tier 3 buildings) or just move on to the sequel? What was the consensus on the new game?

tiagocc0

Arcane
Well, it's not a sequel.
I won't be playing it even if paid, I prefer the original. :)

Damned Registrations

Another thing: is it just me or does it seem like the enemy massively cheats when conquering terrirtories? I mean, I get stuck trying to move towards the enemy because I run into shit like half a dozen level 10+ trolls or some other tier 3 shit, and then the enemy comes waltzing through with a level 12 hero with like twp tier 2 units, steamrolling 3 such provinces in a row while taking 0 casualties. How the fuck was that supposed to have happened? You fought against a dozen level 12 pegasi with charge and didn't lose a single 12 hp spearman? WTF?

mondblut

Arcane
So, today I managed to erase all of my campaign progress by surrendering in a battle for my home shard

:troll:

which apparently just ends your entire campaign instead of sending you back one turn. Weeee.

That was your home shard, dude. No going back.

So should I bother restarting the campaign (I was fairly invested already, was starting to unlock tier 3 buildings) or just move on to the sequel? What was the consensus on the new game?

In the new game, you can reload. That would solve your problem :)

sepulki

Novice
Another thing: is it just me or does it seem like the enemy massively cheats when conquering terrirtories? I mean, I get stuck trying to move towards the enemy because I run into shit like half a dozen level 10+ trolls or some other tier 3 shit, and then the enemy comes waltzing through with a level 12 hero with like twp tier 2 units, steamrolling 3 such provinces in a row while taking 0 casualties. How the fuck was that supposed to have happened? You fought against a dozen level 12 pegasi with charge and didn't lose a single 12 hp spearman? WTF?
Kinda sorta not at all, depends on how you look at it. Each player has their own difficulty rating, and difficulty rating affects lots and lots of things (have a nice google translated table under 'game mechanics' here), including hit points of neutral mobs. So yes, with each shard your opponents are having it easier and easier, but AFAIK they don't get anything that a human playing on a easier difficulty setting wouldn't get.

Damned Registrations

So I started a new campaign with the mod (which is awesome btw, tons of new shit) and I had a question: how do the unit promotions (For example, militia > slinger) work? So far I've only managed to get one of the new promotions to work, and that wasn't until level 17. And getting a fucking zombie to level 17 is a giant pain in the ass, even if it starts at 15. It would have been less effort to get a scout or warrior to level 20, and without the risk of losing the fucker permanently.

So is it purely level based (Like promotion options show up after the unit is level X) or do you have to meet certain stat requirements, or something else?

Eyeball

Arcane
Is the mod out in English yet? I'd totally pick the game back up if it is.

Damned Registrations

Yeah (mostly anyways, I've found a few items that weren't completely translated, but they were rare and I think the untranslated parts were just flavour text anyways, since they were gag items (one was a lightsaber and the other a mineral chunk from starcraft.)

Heresiarch

Prophet
I still refuse to play Master of Broken Worlds as long as its music-playing-randomly bug (or design) is not fixed. AFAIK it's still not fixed yet.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I still refuse to play Master of Broken Worlds as long as its music-playing-randomly bug (or design) is not fixed. AFAIK it's still not fixed yet.
This, a million times. Seriously, this is the most annoying bug in this game for me.

Angthoron

Arcane
It is annoying, sure, but can't you turn it off and play your own music? The tracks are nice enough, but not really classics for the ages.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is annoying, sure, but can't you turn it off and play your own music? The tracks are nice enough, but not really classics for the ages.
I actually very liked the music, it was very pleasent to listen in Genesis. But this game just plays them randomly, which just annoys me. And because the music in Genesis and the sequel is the same, I know which music should play in which place, which just adds to the annoyance.

Angthoron

Arcane
I actually very liked the music, it was very pleasent to listen in Genesis. But this game just plays them randomly, which just annoys me. And because the music in Genesis and the sequel is the same, I know which music should play in which place, which just adds to the annoyance.
Ah, good point. I liked the music, too, but usually end up turning original tunes off and play something else, especially in longer games.

DakaSha

Arcane
I actually do consider he eador music to be pretty classic. Shit would bother me too
But ive just gone back to the original anyways

Heresiarch

Prophet

Just imagine playing Heroes 2/3/4 with all the tracks messed up. Playing combat music while building a town, grass music in a battle, necropolis music on snowland, etc. The horror...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Just imagine playing Heroes 2/3/4 with all the tracks messed up. Playing combat music while building a town, grass music in a battle, necropolis music on snowland, etc. The horror...
And the worst is that it seems to me that the devs don't bother with fixing this bug. I don't think it would require a huge effort on their part. They just don't bother with it, since this bug is not as widespread like the others (at least I see less people complain about it).

Angthoron

Arcane

And the worst is that it seems to me that the devs don't bother with fixing this bug. I don't think it would require a huge effort on their part. They just don't bother with it, since this bug is not as widespread like the others (at least I see less people complain about it).
He really did have ample time to fix that, too. I somehow suspect that they might've not tied the music to anything at all, that could explain all the random, and the fact that it wasn't fixed yet.

Necro time!

As you might remember, Drakon stopped updating the old 1.5 Build of the New Horizons Mod, which unfortunately also meant that the campaign CTD bug was never patched out of the english release of NH (subsequent versions - which, to the best of my knowledge, don't have this bug + many other awesome additions - were released only in Russian).

Now, seemingly out of nowhere, a complete translation of the newest version of NH appeared and has just had its first version released. Head on over to this thread at the official Eador Genesis forum to grab it!

Last edited:

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, this game is good (Genesis I mean, I don't like the graphics in the 3D one). I got it on the previous steam sale and I apparently played for 50+ hours just in the last week.

When will tier 3 units dwellings show up as rewards for conquering shards? I recently got stomped by the barbarian guy because he had a commander with minotaurs running around the map and I still can get tier 3 only as mercenaries. Golems guarding enemy capitals are not fun either.

How many heroes should I have? I usually get a second one around turn 10-20 and end there. I see AI having 3-4 somehow, but I can only support 2 most of the time, by the time I can get a third either the game is already over or I have no way of leveling up the new guy and he's useless anyway.

When should I attack other masters? I've tried once, but all provinces after the first from the castle had like 10 enemies with multiple tier 2 units and very soon the enemy showed up with a huge army before I had a defense up. Playing on competent btw, I win most of the time unless I have a shitty start and get rushed. Was I just unlucky or it's supposed to be this hard?

How do I wizard? From my experience they die very fast and just can't do anything other heroes can't. I guess high level wizards are good, but they're not worth the cost of handicapping yourself in the early game.

Lastly, Is Genesis a little unstable for anyone else? It sometimes just freezes during loading after passing the turn and I have to kill it with task manager and the game counts that as a revision, which is kinda annoying.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom