Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So, I'm a bit behind the lot of you but I just discovered rot. Am I misinterpreting things or does this completely trivialise the entire game? Endless DOT does not seem like a good idea for a FS game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys hyped me up for the foreskin duo like it was some kind of challenging fight but it turns out I was overleveled by the time I got there.

I also thought it would be much harder after the posts in this thread. I killed it on the first attempt without too many issues.

Mimic tear kept the thin one busy whilst I murdered the fat one. When they respawned I only needed to kill one of them to end the fight.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is GreenManGaming legit?

Game is 50 euros there. It was 46 euros at G2A but i'm not gonna trust that side for such a large puchage. I haven't paid full price for a game in ages but i think i'm gonna byte. Feels like i'm not actually enjoying the game as much as i would since i know this character is going to be deleted and that's making me care less about the experience.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is GreenManGaming legit?

Game is 50 euros there. It was 46 euros at G2A but i'm not gonna trust that side for such a large puchage. I haven't paid full price for a game in ages but i think i'm gonna byte. Feels like i'm not actually enjoying the game as much as i would since i know this character is going to be deleted and that's making me care less about the experience.

GreenManGaming are legit. They buy keys from publishers direct rather than Russians with stolen credit cards.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is GreenManGaming legit?

Yes, it is legit. For a list of legit key resellers along with current prices of games in various places, I highly recommend
Elden Ring - Info - IsThereAnyDeal
I bought it at gamebillet from the list there at 47 euros, didn't have any issue (and not the first game I buy this way either).

A warning though, unlike with things bought directly on steam, there is no refund whatsoever as far as I know. The moment a steam key from another source is activated you're stuck with it whether you like the game or not.

Curratum

Whacked Godfrey and Morgott. Morgott was first-time win, solo, which is probably the first big boss I solo without summons except Rennala. :D

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is GreenManGaming legit?

Yes, it is legit. For a list of legit key resellers along with current prices of games in various places, I highly recommend
Elden Ring - Info - IsThereAnyDeal
I bought it at gamebillet from the list there at 47 euros, didn't have any issue (and not the first game I buy this way either).

A warning though, unlike with things bought directly on steam, there is no refund whatsoever as far as I know. The moment a steam key from another source is activated you're stuck with it whether you like the game or not.

Doubt i'll ever refund something like this. I'm a From bitch. I still loved DS2 and DS3 even with all their warts so i doubt i'll have an issue with Elden Ring.

Gamebillet is out of stock (lul), so i guess GreenManGaming it is.

[FAKE EDIT] Ayy i'm now a legit owner of this shit.

Time to reroll and try to make a run that isn't as much of a shitshow (especially in terms of following quests which seems i fucked up completely on my first try).

Curratum

Kill me now. The game has already been going on long enough at this point and now From obviously thinks it's fine to throw even more HP bloat bullshit at you. I am level 105, I have a +10 mimic that is doubling on my stats and +23 katana and it's an INCREDIBLE chore to fight the Zamor knights in mountaintops of the giants.

I just don't want do deal with this anymore. From have shat the bed big time with the length of this game and the combat encounter bloat and general bullshit. I am just not going to explore or look for anything anymore, just beeline for boss fights with a wiki open on alt-tab.

Mojobeard

Augur
Kill me now. The game has already been going on long enough at this point and now From obviously thinks it's fine to throw even more HP bloat bullshit at you. I am level 105, I have a +10 mimic that is doubling on my stats and +23 katana and it's an INCREDIBLE chore to fight the Zamor knights in mountaintops of the giants.
What weapon skill are you using? Those specific guys probably have frost resistance, so Hoarfrost Stomp isn't probably the best suggestion, but similar skills shit on irritating enemies regardless of build.
I'm playing "lmao 2 kat" with stomp and am absolutely demolishing things with my silver puddle from another mother.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ITT: people complaining that they're burnt out after having played through 100 hours of content in a week. Can't make this shit up.
Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar has 600 hours of new content. From software has no excuse.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
ITT: people complaining that they're burnt out after having played through 100 hours of content in a week. Can't make this shit up.

When i played DS2 i actually felt some fatigue towards the end, so before starting any of the DLCs i took some time off. In DS3 i focused on PvP in order to stall the playthrough every time i felt i wasn't rushing through content instead of fully absorbing it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, so thinking of starting as a priest and making a strenght/faith build. The quality build i was doing was ok, but not having spells around made me feel i was missing out on some gameplay fun plus i need to get away from R1 weapons like long swords and the like.

In particular, it seems this game is tailored towards staggering. I think this is probably why enemies has so much HP. That wierd dragon/lizard whatever the fuck thing i found at the bottom of the Stormveil castle would have taken a million years to kill but staggering/riposte cut down the time considerably.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Feels like i'm not actually enjoying the game as much as i would since i know this character is going to be deleted and that's making me care less about the experience.

Not necessarily. You can import your save using the tool I posted. It works.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I just don't want do deal with this anymore. From have shat the bed big time with the length of this game and the combat encounter bloat and general bullshit. I am just not going to explore or look for anything anymore, just beeline for boss fights with a wiki open on alt-tab.
Hoarfrost Stomp | Elden Ring Wiki (fextralife.com)
I haven't tried it in the north where people might be less susceptible to frost damage but it should still do decent stagger/interrupts on mobs, it's a large AoE and you can throw it into any regular weapon, use it with any build. It can be used without the cold affinity/INT scaling if you're not INT built, although it'll be a little less powerful that way.

I said it multiple times in this thread, but weapon arts are the key to not losing your mind over the end game bullshit. It's easier to find good stuff if you're INT or FAITH, but physical users still have a few tools out there (arguably, dex is better over str because of all the fast weapons with bleed, which is also immensely powerful, although not that good when just facing random mobs that you kill quickly)

A few other alternatives for physical builds : the Gargoyle's Greatsword, Godrick's Axe, Dragonscale Blade, Axe of Godfrey, Prelate Inferno unique weapons, and then for ashes of war for regular weapons, the storm series, beast roar, vacuum slice.

Or bit the bullet and become a int or faith melee hybrid and have access to an even larger amount of roflstomp against groups of enemies. Both caster types are equally viable, and do melee better than pure melee builds.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I ended up deciding to stop playing. Making the Dark Souls “open world” was ultimately a mistake in my opinion. Quantity over quality isn’t a good modus operandi. One thing I always loved about Dark Souls was how everything was well designed. Shortcuts, connected areas and so on. Enemies were unique for the most part.

Seeing the same bosses being recycled was disheartening to me. I would’ve preferred a game 1/4 the size of Elden Ring than relying to copy/pasting of areas and enemies. Seeing those rats becoming stronger and stronger was disappointing.

I think non-linear is a clear positive for a game generally speaking (like Dark Souls to some extent). But non-linear shouldn’t default to “open world”. I’m wondering the pros of having an open world. The most boring part of Elden Ring for me was running across the fields to get somewhere until I got the horse to get somewhere. I don’t find that fun at all. With a tightly packed environment like the Dark Souls, exploration was limited to the essentials.

Mass producing content while remaining on budget will ultimately lead to low quality output. Was there a need for an “open world” this huge? What’s the point of having three different (A) places if their copied or very slightly modified? There’s this trend going on right now where games need to be longer and longer to possibly justify a higher price point but the final product ends up suffering for it.

I don’t think this deserves a 10/10.

Curratum

No, I mean more how the Zamor knights simply waft away after input reading you out the ass when you press melee attack, and how you need to dodge for 20 seconds before you can attempt to press a button again, only to have them float out of range again.

The game simply isn't fun anymore, hasn't been for a while. The only viable way to play as melee is to spam broken AOE weapon arts non-stop, even on "trash" open world mobs and brainlessly plod on to the next set piece.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Ok, so thinking of starting as a priest and making a strenght/faith build. The quality build i was doing was ok, but not having spells around made me feel i was missing out on some gameplay fun plus i need to get away from R1 weapons like long swords and the like.

Quality builds will never get as powerful as int or faith hybrids, but I just want to say something about the longsword : while it's not as kickass as the late game bullshit weapons, its weapon art is just as good as the uchigatana weapon art when it comes to staggering bosses. It's not just a "r1 weapon" in this game and the longsword weapon art became a lot more useful because of the stagger working easily on everything compared to DS3 where it was just a waste of space.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, I mean more how the Zamor knights simply waft away after input reading you out the ass when you press melee attack, and how you need to dodge for 20 seconds before you can attempt to press a button again, only to have them float out of range again.

The game simply isn't fun anymore, hasn't been for a while. The only viable way to play as melee is to spam broken AOE weapon arts non-stop, even on "trash" open world mobs and brainlessly plod on to the next set piece.
Well, this is why I increased mind even tho I don't use spells. Late game I almost never used a single R1, just weapon art spam, and occasional power stance L1 to get bleeds off when enemies are staggered.

Curratum

Well, this is why I increased mind even tho I don't use spells. Late game I almost never used a single R1, just weapon art spam, and occasional power stance L1 to get bleeds off when enemies are staggered.

Exactly. I'm about to split my flasks 50-50 just because all I do is spam weapon arts. It's absolute decline gameplay after the first 50 or so hours being very enjoyable.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Do srsly remember to increase mind, at least to the point where your flask can fully restore it, it's not necessary to go beyond though. Your flasks are kinda getting wasted if your mind is below the amount they can net you back.

Curratum

I think I have exactly 1 flask worth of bar, yeah, and several mana flasks.

I just don't understand how From defend the late area design. You're not getting good, you're just dodging and running past the annoying shitty encounters or spamming the same weapon art like a dumbass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom