Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

But i didn't "skip" it per-se, i was just waiting to get it at a sufficent discount but that never happened. I could have removed it from inventory, like i just did for Elden Ring but i just feel dirty when i do that. I'm feeling dirty right now too but fuck me man, 60 euros is a bit much.

See this makes zero sense to me, you pirate game that has online but you cannot do it for a game that's fully single player. But hey, different strokes and all.
I wouldn't even really want to play ER pirated even if I had GPU to run it on non shit settings at the moment because it's an online game so I would want the full experience. DSII, for example, didn't really click with me until I bought it and experienced the full thing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But i didn't "skip" it per-se, i was just waiting to get it at a sufficent discount but that never happened. I could have removed it from inventory, like i just did for Elden Ring but i just feel dirty when i do that. I'm feeling dirty right now too but fuck me man, 60 euros is a bit much.

See this makes zero sense to me, you pirate game that has online but you cannot do it for a game that's fully single player. But hey, different strokes and all.
I wouldn't even really want to play ER pirated even if I had GPU to run it on non shit settings at the moment because it's an online game so I would want the full experience.

No, there's no contradiction, i just caved for ER because of curiosity.

I'm now actually reconsidering and i'm mulling over whether getting it now or just forget about it.

Curratum

There is a blood-themed boss that just casts some constricting red rings on me and once he stacks three, my dude just suffers massive consecutive blood loss and dies off full health in about a second and a half.

Is there something I'm missing about that fight? A bit too jaded to try another dozen times to figure it out.

I kinda feel that myself. I didn't have that problem with DS2 vis DS1 because of how balls different Dark Souls 2 was compared to the first one (for good or for bad) but Elden Ring is just a bit too familiar for my tastes.

Maybe that means you shouldn't have skipped Sekiro.

Possibly.

Sekiro was 50% off during the last couple of Steam sales if I'm not mistaken. I think it's a way better game than Elden Ring.

Curratum

I kinda feel that myself. I didn't have that problem with DS2 vis DS1 because of how balls different Dark Souls 2 was compared to the first one (for good or for bad) but Elden Ring is just a bit too familiar for my tastes.

Possibly.

Sekiro was 50% off during the last couple of Steam sales if I'm not mistaken. I think it's a way better game than Elden Ring.

How many times do we have to deal with Sekiro decliners in here?
:outrage:

Souls games are about choice, variety in builds and weapons, spellcasting and weapons, dark fantasy in a beautiful world. Sekiro is about collecting enough consumables to spam at the boss and spamming the 2 prosthetic upgrades you need to kill most bosses, while wearing the same outfit and using the same main weapon through the entire fucking game. :argh:

Brickfrog

Learned
There is a blood-themed boss that just casts some constricting red rings on me and once he stacks three, my dude just suffers massive consecutive blood loss and dies off full health in about a second and a half.

Is there something I'm missing about that fight? A bit too jaded to try another dozen times to figure it out.
Yeah, there is.
there is an item that drops from an npc invader at the second church of marika which will keep you alive during that attack. There's also an item that stuns him in the catacombs under the capital

Do you mean the one in the Leyndell crypts? Just whack 'im fast, he's squishy af.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron

Actual legit speedrun is out fellas

Actually the run is not legit because he is using a boss door exploit which ... is sad.

I think it's legit. People use the same door glitch on Dark Souls 3 Speedruns and fight Abyss Watchers with the AI turned off. Since the same engine and bugs are in ER, we'll probably see the same old tricks being used.

The correct answer is who gives a shit. Speed running is gay, nobody cares except speed runners themselves.

Funposter

Arcane

You can get protection against it by using the Wondrous Physick. Purifying Crystal Tear drops off an invader in Altus Plateau.

Curratum

You can get protection against it by using the Wondrous Physick. Purifying Crystal Tear drops off an invader in Altus Plateau.

Another year, another From game you can't play without a wiki.

I actually got the shackle, may or may not have the tear for the cocktail mixer, will check. Thanks, guys!

Possibly.

How many times do we have to deal with Sekiro decliners in here?
:outrage:

Souls games are about choice, variety in builds and weapons, spellcasting and weapons, dark fantasy in a beautiful world. Sekiro is about collecting enough consumables to spam at the boss and spamming the 2 prosthetic upgrades you need to kill most bosses, while wearing the same outfit and using the same main weapon through the entire fucking game. :argh:
I mean, I enjoyed Elden Ring for the first 40 hours or so. When I killed my 10th Asylum Demon, 3rd Margrit and went down the 20th copypasta mineshaft it started getting a little stale, though.

TwoEdge

Scholar
I'll add my lot to the pile and say that, after 50 hours, I can't be arsed anymore. I cannot see how the game will challenge, surprise, or otherwise keep things interesting from now on. I'm on the Sekiro bandwagon, that game kept making me learn new tricks to the very end and beyond, while this feels too much of a rehash. I truly envy you guys who love it, though, this will probably be the only From Software I don't complete since, yikes, the very first Armored Core.

I am at 90 hours now. 10 was spent in character creation to give myself a huge cock so that I could spent the rest of the time blowing out dragon holes, fools.

Greyoll's ass is so fat she can't even catch flight
Sleeps with eyes open and cloaka clenched tight
Piss, shit, and sex - yeah, all in one hole
And soon my smegma - rot damage, hoe
You fled from the sickness to this plateau
But here comes my unwashed Greater Foe

Sunri

Liturgist
Me and my dog
jlh4H1v.png

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I'm not commenting on the enjoyability of watching speedruns, just that I can't see myself playing them.

That largely depends on whatever or not the game was designed with speedruns in mind

I didn't have that problem with DS2 vis DS1 because of how balls different Dark Souls 2 was compared to the first one (for good or for bad) but Elden Ring is just a bit too familiar for my tastes.

That's what you get for not playing Demon's Souls

Mortmal

Arcane
someone who ran 3 consecutive 40-50 hour Wrath of Righteous runs and doesn't know the definition of insanity.
You will never know it, it's others who should tell , you are insane.. After 3 playthrough of wotr it's possible you may become a little burn out with those video games.

Greyoll's sleepy but my great epee is keen
Infused and upgraded to a plus 16
So long and thick I gotta two-hand the thing
Goodbye FBI 'cause we're all over 18
And the "MILF of Dragons" is just old not mean
She is so used up she won't intervene
When I pierce her cervix and bust into the spleen

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Dark Souls was already a big deal but we didn't see everyone jumping on that.
I had the opposite impression, that now there is an inflation of "soulslikes". In particular in indie games. Every games, even a card solitare, is a soulslike now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom