Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bigg Boss

Arcane
She is all like "How could I do that to my super nice fake daddy?" over and over probably because I killed that faggot Gatekeeper Gastoc.

Efe

Erudite
did you give her hawk ashes?
if you havent, revisit the chapel of anticipation (where you start game)

Nathir

Liturgist

No I didn't. She's still in Albinauric village repeating the same line over and over. Something about opression idk. Didn't get the option to give her the hawk or Seluvis' potion. But it's fine, I finished the game. Maybe I'll wiki her questline with my second character.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

No I didn't. She's still in Albinauric village repeating the same line over and over. Something about opression idk. Didn't get the option to give her the hawk or Seluvis' potion. But it's fine, I finished the game. Maybe I'll wiki her questline with my second character.

I suspect that

You either didn't fight the boss in that area or you didn't summon her for it (not sure if that's required or not, but I think it probably is based on what she says).

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm kinda bored on my third run, I'm thinking about buying a dance pad for Elden Ring does anyone know if it's hard to set up dance pad as controller on steam?

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Finally finished it. 250 hours or around there and I'm still not done. I still have some secret bosses to do, some talismans or whatever items to get and farm some more.
Anyway.
The open world is beautiful, massive, vertical. Good looking, mysterious plus incredibly looking underground areas. I feel like all their budget was blown on the creation of this huge map. It also feels like they went with this as to try and cover the bullshit from bosses.
Good game overall, but: I play From games for lore and boss fights and their accompanying music. While the lore is cool (it has aliens and space magic), the boss fights are not. IDK how many bosses and copies of bosses I've fought, but out of all of them I only liked 4: Margit, Astel, Regal Ancestor Spirit, Rennala. The rest, I absolutely despise. The worst bosses in any From game. Spectacle only, illness inducing fights. I've said in a previous post as to why that is and I won't be going over that again. My opinion hasn't changed.
The OST also sucks immensely. Not one track that I liked compared to the heavy hitters like BB and DkS3 (now now don't interpret this as me liking DkS3, I only liked the bosses and their OST) that had at least 50% of fantastic tracks. Honestly that's the 2 negatives I have plus the fact that they went with open world format but that gets balanced through it's interesting design and verticality considering its size.
Not much else to say. Everything else has already been said and I've also said my piece 2 or 3 times before this post.
For now I'll get to NG+ and get the save ready for DLCs. After the DLCs I won't be touching this game again. Once I explore everything there won't be any reason to.

SumDrunkGuy

I wish FS would release a non-mongoloid face generator DLC for their games. That'd be a D1P for sure.

You can make a decent face, it just takes a lot of work. The body is what's fucked. It's lanky with a flat ass and chest. It looks like something that escaped from the freakshow.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Guise, there's something you should know about Malenia:
M9mGvFy.png

She was KANGZ

Also, Miquella is a guy's name which means...
Mohg

Old Hans

Arcane
I just got to deeproot depths and some of the views in that area look like they are straight out of some old xbox 360 game. at least dark souls 1 had the decency to use a heavy depth of field to mask that low detail garbage

Hassar

Scholar
Last battle gave me Children of Kos vibe. After 10 hours of agony I finally beat the bastard. What's weird, after 180 hours of play time I don't have enough of this game, after some rest I will return to kick some butts I've missed (Volcano Manor, Helitree). It was a great journey.
asdasdaf.png
fsdfsf.png

180 hours... Wtf are you guys doing in this game? I was done in little over 70 and i didn't feel like rushed and that I experienced most of the decent content and got all remembrances.

How do you know you've experienced most of decent content? I don't see how you can finish this game in 70 hours without meta-knowledge or rushing through main bossess.

I went to the major locations, set highlights on everything that looked interesting on the map and when I reached the end of the game and looked up whether I had missed any major boss (I had not found Malenia).

I don't see how it could possibly take more than 100 for a single play-through, unless stops to sniff every flower and one refuses to use the fast travel system or something.

One thing I did that I guess people might not have is that I respecced when I hit a wall. I didn't force my way through the game with a single build (even though I probably could with Hoarfrost pre-nerf, that was too powerful to be fun).

Rushing the game with meta knowledge sounds like to would take maybe 10 hours, not 70.

Yeah I literally don't understand how people have put like 150+ hours in the game. I'm at about 70 and I've explored pretty much every major area except Mountaintop, and I know where pretty much all the remaining major bosses I need to kill are, its just a matter of going there. the world honestly isn't that big content wise, even exploring every nook and cranny just looking at the map and methodically exploring lets you clear each major area of all content easily and quickly. I can't imagine spending more than 100 hours on the game unless somebody repeatedly REFUSED to acknowledge that they've wandered into a zone or boss that's clearly intended for a much higher level then they currently are, autistically refused to change anything about their build or equipment, and they spent hours and hours deathrunning until they finally beat them with a perfect fight.

FWIW my primary character hit 178-ish hours recently but I muck around a lot in this game, putting down co-op signs for bosses I hated and wandering around. I sometimes post up next to a boss room with a co-op sign down while I read a book. There is a lot to discover but it’s a pretty empty world. You’re not really modifying your playstyle and it’s not like you are climbing mountains, swimming, or otherwise changing your environmental movement. You’re not directly impacting the world either since you’re just on a killing spree and self-defense tour. I also don’t get a sense of urgency from the story so ambling around seems ok. Then again, this story isn’t blowing me away so I’m just looking at the graphics.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Poise doesn't exist!! Elden Ring sucks! :negative::(:(:negative:

Like I was saying before, this is similar to how DS3 poise works where you have to pay attention to what you're using, what you're getting hit by, and breakpoints.

Andnjord

Arcane
Holy shit guys, I just got to Fire Giant. Whoever designed that monstrosity of game design seriously deserves to be fired from whatever janitor position they were clearly occupying.
...I promise I'll never complain about Bed of Chaos again, at least that one had the merit of being short and easy as far as shit bosses went :negative:

Sunri

Liturgist
Holy shit guys, I just got to Fire Giant. Whoever designed that monstrosity of game design seriously deserves to be fired from whatever janitor position they were clearly occupying.
...I promise I'll never complain about Bed of Chaos again, at least that one had the merit of being short and easy as far as shit bosses went :negative:

What is the problem?

Sunri

Liturgist
he's big so you can't see wtf is he doing
he's also extremely tanky (unless you are a bleed fag)

If you don't know what he will do here's a tip he will roll on you and on normal game he has, 22898 hp, so he has standard amount of hp.

forskin duo have, 24000hp
Godfrey 22000 hp
Placidusax 26651 hp

Wunderbar

Arcane
Somebody give this man a fanboy tag, it seems like he's hellbent on excusing every single issue this game has. What's next, you're gonna say that Ulcerated tree spirit is a good boss?

Sunri

Liturgist
Somebody give this man a fanboy tag, it seems like he's hellbent on excusing every single issue this game has. What's next, you're gonna say that Ulcerated tree spirit is a good boss?

I already said there is nothing wrong with it, many times someone needs to
gitgud-thepruld.gif

(and yes, I'm a fanboy for addressing your retarded argument about hp lulu)

Last edited:

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm not claiming that the game is flawless or a masterpiece and some people in these threads made valid points in their criticism, but complaining about bosses like fire giant is retarded if they should adapt one thing from DS III they should add tutorial boss like Gundyr to filter out 90% of retards with their shitty opinions.

Last edited:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I'm not claiming that the game is flawless or a masterpiece and some people in these threads made valid points in their criticism, but complaining about bosses like fire giant is retarded is they should adapt one thing from DS III they should add tutorial boss like Gundyr to filter out 90% of retards with their shitty opinions.
"It's okay that you can't see any of the Fire Giants tells or animations, just predict his rolling!"

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm not claiming that the game is flawless or a masterpiece and some people in these threads made valid points in their criticism, but complaining about bosses like fire giant is retarded is they should adapt one thing from DS III they should add tutorial boss like Gundyr to filter out 90% of retards with their shitty opinions.
"It's okay that you can't see any of the Fire Giants tells or animations, just predict his rolling!"

Yes, you should learn a boss move set and predict what he will do, unless you want to roll over every boss on your first try.

Efe

Erudite
ulcerated tree spirit isnt good in any way shape or form.
you hug the belly and it just doesnt hit you even though visually its wrecking your face and is pushing you around.
cant call it getting gud

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom