Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Efe

Erudite
BTW the one eyed bitch finally showed up after 50 hours of gameplay and all she said was to go talk to Boc, who said nothing new. I found a golden needle and thread and figured i could give it to him but nope.
You CAN give it to him, but you have to be in a specific spot
More proof that the usual Souls quest formula doesn't work in an open world game
no you just need a boss item that can be altered, then you can give him gold needle which lets him and you alter boss armor.
altering usually removes capes and more importantly reduces weight and resistances a little.
so if you want that set but need couple more endurance, just alter it

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So yeah it is useless unless 500 runes are something you really have trouble finding.

Olinser

Savant
Last battle gave me Children of Kos vibe. After 10 hours of agony I finally beat the bastard. What's weird, after 180 hours of play time I don't have enough of this game, after some rest I will return to kick some butts I've missed (Volcano Manor, Helitree). It was a great journey.
asdasdaf.png
fsdfsf.png

180 hours... Wtf are you guys doing in this game? I was done in little over 70 and i didn't feel like rushed and that I experienced most of the decent content and got all remembrances.

How do you know you've experienced most of decent content? I don't see how you can finish this game in 70 hours without meta-knowledge or rushing through main bossess.

I went to the major locations, set highlights on everything that looked interesting on the map and when I reached the end of the game and looked up whether I had missed any major boss (I had not found Malenia).

I don't see how it could possibly take more than 100 for a single play-through, unless stops to sniff every flower and one refuses to use the fast travel system or something.

One thing I did that I guess people might not have is that I respecced when I hit a wall. I didn't force my way through the game with a single build (even though I probably could with Hoarfrost pre-nerf, that was too powerful to be fun).

Rushing the game with meta knowledge sounds like to would take maybe 10 hours, not 70.

Yeah I literally don't understand how people have put like 150+ hours in the game. I'm at about 70 and I've explored pretty much every major area except Mountaintop, and I know where pretty much all the remaining major bosses I need to kill are, its just a matter of going there. the world honestly isn't that big content wise, even exploring every nook and cranny just looking at the map and methodically exploring lets you clear each major area of all content easily and quickly. I can't imagine spending more than 100 hours on the game unless somebody repeatedly REFUSED to acknowledge that they've wandered into a zone or boss that's clearly intended for a much higher level then they currently are, autistically refused to change anything about their build or equipment, and they spent hours and hours deathrunning until they finally beat them with a perfect fight.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't get why people hate on Alexander during the Fire Giant fight. He tanked the shit out of that dude while Latenna was pew-pewing from the entrance and I was running around, shooting spells into his ass. First try one-shot sponsored by Friendship UwU

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't get why people hate on Alexander during the Fire Giant fight. He tanked the shit out of that dude while Latenna was pew-pewing from the entrance and I was running around, shooting spells into his ass. First try one-shot sponsored by Friendship UwU
If you wanna get literal cancer try him solo and melee.

:despair:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

2nd phase my mana ran out and I had to do just jump attacks. As per usual the camera made me throw up and lose all sense of bearing. But we still managed to stagger him twice and bum rush him.

Andnjord

Arcane
Phew, remember how Margit kicked my ass, not once but twice
actually three times because of that time that he makes his comeback
?

Spoiler below for those that are still early in the game.
I kinda stumbled on his daddy thinking I would just check out the area after Ghost Godfrey before making dinner, then somehow, somehow managed to one-shot him. No shields, no armour, no summons, no ashes, just swords and light-weight dodging with a few lightning bolts to finish him off once I ran out of estus like Myasaki-san intended.
ML4TID1.png

I guess the big change for me was having fast attacks that allowed me to strike reliably and not get systematically hit like back when using greatswords. I still dread meeting with Malenia from all that you guys have said about her.

Current build:

2s6Eeyo.png

Bit of a sword saint going on, Coded Sword on the main hand, Golden Epitath on the off hand, Faith at 60. Light weight rolling.:whiteknight:
With the booster to jump attack and Golden Order buff, damage can get really high, I've seen jump attacks hit for 1400+ damage on zombies, 1000+ for normal mobs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With the booster to jump attack and Golden Order buff, damage can get really high, I've seen jump attacks hit for 1400+ damage on zombies, 1000+ for normal mobs.
If you're only using the Claw Talisman to boost your jump attacks, you're missing out on a second non-negligible boost. Its location isn't really a spoiler, but still:

It's the Raptor's Black Feathers armor, you can find it in the Sage's Cave in Altus Plateau.

Andnjord

Arcane
If you're only using the Claw Talisman to boost your jump attacks, you're missing out on a second non-negligible boost. Its location isn't really a spoiler, but still:

It's the Raptor's Black Feathers armor, you can find it in the Sage's Cave in Altus Plateau.
Pah, have you no thought for fashion?

But seriously, I wouldn't be able to stay below the Light Load threshold without really bumping stamina this way.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

That's like most of the bosses tbf. Pre-nerf Radahn was even worse.
I honestly prefer pre-nerf Radahn over the fire giant anytime. He also keeps running away and spazzing, but 1/ he has less hp (or defense, or both?) than Fire Giant, in which I felt like I was hitting a brick wall 2/ his character model is a lot more readable than what you see on the screen when you're whittling away at the giant's feets (this sort of shit needs to go away from FS games, it wasn't fun in the previous games, it still isn't fun in this game).

Thank god I was using bleed weapons, I don't even want to imagine what it's like to do fire giant without bleed.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What the hell am I supposed to do with Seluvis's potion? I don't know where Nepheli is, the wiki says I can mention this to Gideon at the Roundtable but there's no dialogue for it. :|

You probably missed an encounter with Nepheli at the Albinauric village. If not, look in the basement of Roundtable Hold.
Also, just give the potion to Gideon once prompted, don't use it on Neph. since you're not averse to spoilers, the last big patch added content to the trio of Gostoc/Neph/Kenneth that gives you access to two ancient dragon smithing stones.
Turning Neph into a puppet isn't worth the loss of materials.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
What the hell am I supposed to do with Seluvis's potion? I don't know where Nepheli is, the wiki says I can mention this to Gideon at the Roundtable but there's no dialogue for it. :|

You probably missed an encounter with Nepheli at the Albinauric village. If not, look in the basement of Roundtable Hold.
Also, just give the potion to Gideon once prompted, don't use it on Neph. since you're not averse to spoilers, the last big patch added content to the trio of Gostoc/Neph/Kenneth that gives you access to two ancient dragon smithing stones.
Turning Neph into a puppet isn't worth the loss of materials.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I honestly prefer pre-nerf Radahn over the fire giant anytime. He also keeps running away and spazzing, but 1/ he has less hp (or defense, or both?) than Fire Giant, in which I felt like I was hitting a brick wall 2/ his character model is a lot more readable than what you see on the screen when you're whittling away at the giant's feets (this sort of shit needs to go away from FS games, it wasn't fun in the previous games, it still isn't fun in this game).

Thank god I was using bleed weapons, I don't even want to imagine what it's like to do fire giant without bleed.

I don't know if it was a common occurrence, but some of Radahn's attacks one-hit me. I had pretty decent Vigor too. Mostly surprised because I don't think I've ever been so casually one-shotted by a From boss before.

Sunri

Liturgist

Give it to dung eater for funnies

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't know if it was a common occurrence, but some of Radahn's attacks one-hit me. I had pretty decent Vigor too. Mostly surprised because I don't think I've ever been so casually one-shotted by a From boss before.
Nah you're right, Radahn did hit pretty friggin' hard. I'm pretty sure his phase 2 transition comet style landing was a guaranteed one shot, though it wasn't difficult to avoid once you knew what was going on.

I liked this fight, it was quite atmospheric and a change of pace, with the wide arena, ability to bug off with the horse, the army you summon.. and besides mechanics, he's probably one of the coolest character in a from game.
He's one of these things that kill you a few times and are heavily intimidating the first time you experience it, but you learn to understand it and love it. Not quite sure why he was perceived as deserving a heavy nerf so much, I died many more times to things like Astel's teleporting grab or Malenia's shitflow dance.

Nathir

Liturgist

Nepheli was bugged for me. She just stayed in one place repeating the same dialouge over and over, and didn't move.

Nathir

Liturgist
How do you know you've experienced most of decent content? I don't see how you can finish this game in 70 hours without meta-knowledge or rushing through main bossess.

I finished the game in about 80 (give or take a few more or less) and this is the stuff I missed after spoiling myself on the rest of the content : Mohg (the basic bitch in the sewers, not the "real" one), the two hidden dragon fights, the two ancestor spirit shit that requires you to light flames all over underground maps, Elemer, and most of the NPC sidequests apart from the content in the first areas of the game (I did complete most of Limgrave and Liurnia, then fatigue over repeated trash set in and I started rushing the game and ignoring side content, caves, catacombs and shit).

Did a quick run post-ending to get to some of missed stuff like the dragons and Elemer, the dragons felt weaksauce after all the mad content you do at the end of the game, Elemer is p stronk though.

IMHO as long as you've completed Ranni's questline and got the clues about the haligtree you've seen most of the content worth seeing. You could spend a hundreds hours more to complete all those retarded hero tombs, catacombs, caves and the like, and fight things like the astel clone, but.. why?

Because it's fun?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Nepheli was bugged for me. She just stayed in one place repeating the same dialouge over and over, and didn't move.

It's possible, but it's also possible that due to FS quest design which is also present in Elden Ring, that you just didn't talk to someone else required to advance things. That's part of what sucks about how they go about it because you can't really tell if things are done, if you need to find something/someone/talk to someone, or if it just bugged out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom