Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Oh, of course. Ok I'll be mentally prepared for more of that crap in the future, thanks.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Colossal weapons are my favorite thing now. I've hardly cast any spells this run. I've got the Raptor's Black Feathers and the claw talisman, and my answer to everything is just to use determination then jump attack it. Two handed I'm still only dealing 1100-1300 ish damage to most enemies but the sword is only +16 heavy and my STR is low 30s. Once I get to +25 with 60 STR this is going to be insane.

I've given up on ever getting around to levelling mind. Low mind sucks but I picked up the full banished knight set at the cathedral of dragon communion and I want to use it all with my Guts Greatsword. Even with the Great Jar's arsenal I need something like 44 or 45 endurance to do that. Still, my character looks so cool in it. It will be even cooler when he can move with it on.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are a few good things in the patch...

Don't have to refarm the bearing hunters.
  • In transactions with the NPC "Twin Maiden Husk", the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
  • Bone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing/Medicine Peddler's Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing/Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing/Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing

This is something that I've been waiting for forever for every one of From's games... and the second one is just nice because the way it had been working was retarded.

Additions and modifications for PC version only
  • Added "Return to Desktop" to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
  • Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.

Some of these are just nice...
  • Fixed a bug that the master volume setting was not reflected in some cutscenes
  • Improved stability of online multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that the light wave of the "Moonlight Greatsword" skill sometimes does not aim at the locked-on target.
  • Fixed an issue where the item "Sacred Flask" is not restored after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.

Etc. Full patch notes below.

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update​

Additional elements

• In transactions with the NPC "Twin Maiden Husk", the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
  • Bone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing/Medicine Peddler's Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing/Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing/Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing
  • Added emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu
  • Added sound effects when other players' summon signs appear

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug where equipment could be changed from the equipment menu during the use of a skill under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug in the "War Cry" skill where the effect was applied to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
  • Fixed a bug where some actions of the "Barbaric Roar", "War Cry", and "Troll's Roar" recovery time was longer than expected.
  • Fixed a bug where the effects of the "Determination" and "Royal Knight's Resolve" skill does not always wear off with certain weapons.
  • Fixed a bug in which some attacks of the "Ice Spear" skill are unguardable.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the attack power of some skills to be reduced when using the "Golden Vow" skill.
  • Fixed a bug that the light wave of the "Moonlight Greatsword" skill sometimes does not aim at the locked-on target.
  • Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the "Seppuku" skill under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the increase in attack power of the "Seppuku" skill to be higher than expected for some attack motions.
  • Fixed a bug in which a status effect was applied when using the "Hoarah Loux's Earthshaker" skill.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Waves of Darkness" skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning cleave.
  • Fixed a bug that caused unintended motions to be played when switching to a different sorceries or incantations while using a sorcery or incantation.
  • Fixed a bug that the FP consumption increased when using the sorceries "Magma Shot" and "Roiling Magma" while riding a horse.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Claw Talisman” effect was not applied when jumping with the "Starscourge Greatsword" in both hands.
  • Fixed a bug that the power of two-handed attacks except jump attack of the weapon "Golem's Halberd " is different from expected.
  • Fixed a bug that when using the weapon "Pulley Crossbow" with the left hand while the right hand weapon was given an attribute by magic or item, the effect was given to the "Pulley Crossbow" as well.
  • Fixed a bug in which arrows and bolts that did not match the type of long-range weapon could be released in certain procedures.
  • Fixed a bug in which guard boost was reduced when some weapons were strengthened to the maximum.
  • Fixed a bug in which the attributes of weapons could be changed while the inventory had reached its maximum capacity and the ashes of war could not be changed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss "Malenia, Goddess of Rot" to have low HP under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
  • Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where, when a boss is defeated in the host's world as a cooperative player, the same boss may not appear in your world.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the battle with the boss "God-Devouring Serpent" from progressing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from appearing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the event of the NPC "Alexander, Warrior Jar" from progressing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue where the item "Sacred Flask" is not restored after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the boss "Starscourge Radahn", the user could not move from the map to the grace.
*If you cannot move from the map to the grace, you can move to the grace by touching the grace "Starscourge Radahn”.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented found sites of grace from registering on the map under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being able to be touched when approached under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind from hitting in hostile multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that caused performance to slow down when the "Sentry's Torch" weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
  • Improved stability of online multiplayer between PS4 and PS5
  • Improved loading times for the Xbox Series X|S version
  • Fixed a bug that the master volume setting was not reflected in some cutscenes
  • Improved stability of online multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than expected in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the player to become inoperable and die in certain locations.
  • Fixed a bug in which the drawing and hit detection were different than expected in some maps.
  • Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
  • Fixed some texts.
  • Several other performance improvements and bug fixes

Additions and modifications for PC version only

• Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in "PRESS ANY BUTTON" on the title screen.
  • Added "Return to Desktop" to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
  • Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
  • Fixed a bug that slowed performance when changing "Screen Mode" and "Resolution" in a special procedure.

The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.05

Regulation Ver. 1.05

Online play requires the player to apply this update.

ferratilis

Magister
What do you mean nothing of note? They added "quit to desktop" option on PC, that's unprecedented for a Japanese dev. Only took them a decade, and four games.

:troll:

Yosharian

Arcane
You could melee stuff with an Int build, sure. Darkmoon GS is pretty decent for PVE, the buff is relatively FP efficient, and gives you free sword projectiles when it's active. But it's still a good idea to keep that comet azure in your backpack for a rainy day. Darkmoon GS does work good against the last few bosses in the game, including Malenia.
DMGS is horrible

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I wonder how many other stealth changes they made on top of the official ones. They've been known to doing them since DkS3, at least as far as I'm aware.
Release the DLCs already so I can delete this fucking game!

Lambach

Arcane
Had to commit suicide to avoid beating Malenia on my third attempt, lulz. The plan was to try out some cheesy strats, just until I get used to her moveset, but it turns out Tiche is ridiculously good against Malenia.

I was basically just sitting far, far in the back and taking potshots with Frenzied Burst (as it's the longest range Incantation in the game, I think) while Tiche was draining Malenia's health like crazy and keeping her too distracted to pay attention to me. The second phase Malenia apparently has less HP than the first phase one, because Tiche was draining her so fast I had to intentionally run into her attack to avoid my summon almost single-handedly beating the Boss fight.

That said, I have no clue how I'm gonna do this without a summon, Malenia's healing on hit is sick.

proxon

Educated
Had to commit suicide to avoid beating Malenia on my third attempt, lulz. The plan was to try out some cheesy strats, just until I get used to her moveset, but it turns out Tiche is ridiculously good against Malenia.

I was basically just sitting far, far in the back and taking potshots with Frenzied Burst (as it's the longest range Incantation in the game, I think) while Tiche was draining Malenia's health like crazy and keeping her too distracted to pay attention to me. The second phase Malenia apparently has less HP than the first phase one, because Tiche was draining her so fast I had to intentionally run into her attack to avoid my summon almost single-handedly beating the Boss fight.

That said, I have no clue how I'm gonna do this without a summon, Malenia's healing on hit is sick.
There is an incantation that you get as a reward for killing fire giant, that one thoroughly fucks her up. It deals massive damage and knocks her down, i saw some guy doing almost 10k damage in one cast, try it out.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i got kicked out of the game because inappropriate activity was detected.

Turns out tons of people are dealing with the same shit right now which means it's likely patch related.

Nice going there From.

I see myself skipping a ton of content in this game eventually or just not finishing it at all. I am having fun every time I am exploring some Souls style level, but then comes the open world part where I end up wandering around this boring empty map trying to find where to go next and I start getting bored and want to do a break again. I do not care for riding my horse looking for ways to get to some place I need to be.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Open world is their worst decision ever but given the sales it's obvious it is now here to stay. Western decline managed to compromise even Japanese gaming.

Sacibengala

Prophet

I always beat her pretty easily just using bleed weapon (claws). No summon required. Last time I played was on patch 1.03, so don't know how bleed is now.

Is lv 75 too low for Leyndell? This area is a bit tough. And confusing too, died a lot just trying to find where the fuck to go there. Found some well that I could climb down by accident, then died below there and now cannot remember where the fuck the stupid thing is anymore. :lol:

Also upgraded Uchigatana and gave it bleed affinity, expecting it to get higher bleed stat than Longsword as it already had bleed capability by default, but nope, pretty much same shit. Little disappointing.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is lv 75 too low for Leyndell? This area is a bit tough. And confusing too, died a lot just trying to find where the fuck to go there. Found some well that I could climb down by accident, then died below there and now cannot remember where the fuck the stupid thing is anymore. :lol:

Also upgraded Uchigatana and gave it bleed affinity, expecting it to get higher bleed stat than Longsword as it already had bleed capability by default, but nope, pretty much same shit. Little disappointing.
Before Leyndell, you should have cleared out the Altus Plateau and Mt. Gelmir to the west. Also, Caelid outside of Dragonbarrow. And the underground areas Siofra River (accessible from Limgrave even at the beginning of the game), Ainsel River (accessible from Liurnia immediately), Nokron and Night's Sacred Ground (accessible after defeating Radahn), and Nokstella (only accessible via Ranni's quest, IIRC, providing access to another part of Ainsel River).

Before Leyndell, you should have cleared out the Altus Plateau and Mt. Gelmir to the west. Also, Caelid outside of Dragonbarrow. And the underground areas Siofra River (accessible from Limgrave even at the beginning of the game), Ainsel River (accessible from Liurnia immediately), Nokron and Night's Sacred Ground (accessible after defeating Radahn), and Nokstella (only accessible via Ranni's quest, IIRC, providing access to another part of Ainsel River).

Yeah I probably left about half of Caelid unexplored, and not sure I want to return there. I remember trying to grab a part of its map but couldn't figure out how to reach where it's supposed to be and gave up on it. Altus Plateau I did quite a lot of, I think. Siofra River I remember, I tried exploring there but those fucking archers pissed me off so I left. Rest of the areas I have no idea how to access, and there's no way I am bothering with From's retarded quests so I guess that Nokstella area I'll be skipping.

I guess time to retry Siofra River.

Lambach

Arcane
I always beat her pretty easily just using bleed weapon (claws). No summon required. Last time I played was on patch 1.03, so don't know how bleed is now.

I don't think Bleed was changed, it's still pretty strong when you build around it.

Anyway, damage is not the problem, I proc Bleed and Frostbite on her easily, I can melt away more than half her HP during my initial salvo (first 20-30 seconds of the fight) if I don't fuck up. The problem is, of course, Waterfowl Dance which I will never learn to dodge properly even if I start playing Elden Ring as a day job. My strategy was get in -> proc Bleed twice and Frostbite once during the first 20-30 seconds to take away more than half her health -> run away as far as possible -> keep sniping her from afar with Frenzied Burst until she uses Waterfowl -> use the fact she has an "internal cooldown" on that ability to get close again and hopefully finish her off.

The strategy works well during the first phase, but she's much, much more aggressive during the second one which makes it impossible to bait her into doing Waterfowl while you're 3/4 of the arena away from her. I might have to replace Sepukku on my Nagakiba with Bloodhound Step. The Bleed game is going to suffer, but hopefully it will keep her from randomly one-shotting me.

Sacibengala

Prophet
The strategy works well during the first phase, but she's much, much more aggressive during the second one which makes it impossible to bait her into doing Waterfowl while you're 3/4 of the arena away from her.
In the second phase, when she does that flower thing, go full aggressive in the last 5 seconds of the effect. You can destroy her in that time and the damage will not kill you, probably.

Lambach

Arcane
Yeah I probably left about half of Caelid unexplored, and not sure I want to return there. I remember trying to grab a part of its map but couldn't figure out how to reach where it's supposed to be and gave up on it. Altus Plateau I did quite a lot of, I think. Siofra River I remember, I tried exploring there but those fucking archers pissed me off so I left. Rest of the areas I have no idea how to access, and there's no way I am bothering with From's retarded quests so I guess that Nokstella area I'll be skipping.

I would not recommend ignoring quests altogether, some of them provide access to areas you can't get to otherwise and provide a lot of useful items either during or at the end of the quest.

Just do what I did after the first 30-odd hours - learn to stop caring and use online guides, because fuck trying to navigate the twisted corridors of Miyazaki's autistic mind.

Just do what I did after the first 30-odd hours - learn to stop caring and use online guides, because fuck trying to navigate the twisted corridors of Miyazaki's autistic mind.

Oh I will if it comes to me trying to solve any of those quests, I'd just rather not do them at all. We'll see. I am already looking up where the best items related to my build are located because fuck exploring every corner of this bloated game on my own. Grabbed first couple Miner Bell Bearings with help of youtube video as well. Quests I wouldn't even attempt without a guide. Even in Sekiro I had to look up how to do the ending that gives all the bosses and that game was less convoluted than Souls when it came to quests. I even completed some of them without guide!

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

I suggest speaking to Ranni (at Ranni's Rise) and beginning her quest, since that gives you a reason to investigate Siofra River (Blaidd will be there). After exploring Siofra fully, you can enter Ainsel River via the well-elevator and explore that area fully. Then continue Ranni's quest with Nokron & Night's Sacred Ground, and following her quest to the end will lead you further to the Divine Tower of Liurnia (via Carian Study Hall), the other part of Ainsel River and Nokstella (quite substantial), the Lake of Rot area, and finally the otherwise-inaccessible Moonlight Altar sub-region in Liurnia.

1k2vby.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom