Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Ezekiel

Arcane
Punishment this time is also having all the enemies spoiled by the fucking loading screens, one of the dumb design decisions in modern games in general. Think in Demon's Souls it was just NPCs, but might be wrong. Don't want them in the loading screens either.

Also don't care for the game being paused for tutorial messages. People complained about the mechanics being too vague, and I guess this is the result. Wish games were made more in vacuums.

Stamina only being active in fights feels like an admission that open worlds don't work. Would prefer stamina everywhere, even if it slowed exploration.

REhorror

Educated
Thinking to get back to ER and get ready for the expansion.

Gonna go full samurai this time, heavy curved sword + bleed and longbow/greatbow.

Barbarian

Arcane
Thinking to get back to ER and get ready for the expansion.

Gonna go full samurai this time, heavy curved sword + bleed and longbow/greatbow.

Have they said if you need a new game to play the expansion?

Have been wanting to finally finish this but decided to hold out.

Barbarian

Arcane
I really enjoyed the game for all I played, despite its flaws.

Since I hate twitchy and rolling around "git gud" gameplay I played the astrologist origin. Used ash summons and spell blasting/aoe with only the occasional melee.

Setting/art style and overall presentation is where this game really shines. I really felt like I was exploring this alien and cruel fantasy world. You begin to notice a lot of filler content and cloned dungeons halfway, with even enemies being repeated several times... but still it was damn good. Can't say anything about late game since I stopped halfway and decided to hold out for the dlc.

REhorror

Educated
Eh, ER is THAT one game where you have the ability to teleport about, no more rolling.
Yep, it costs magic point BUT we have magic potions.

I wish it has full on Sekiro's parry system tho.

Barbarian

Arcane
Eh, ER is THAT one game where you have the ability to teleport about, no more rolling.

Functionally it is pretty much the same isn't it? Only the visual changes.

REhorror

Educated

Functionally it is pretty much the same isn't it? Only the visual changes.
Nope, it's faster, the range is also huger.
It makes you way more mobile in fight.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
All From DLC is accessed after reaching a set point in the story and balanced around it. Either the mid point or the final area depending on how it's balanced. Dark souls 2 is the only exception but that still requires you kill major bosses to access it.

Caim

Arcane
All From DLC is accessed after reaching a set point in the story and balanced around it. Either the mid point or the final area depending on how it's balanced. Dark souls 2 is the only exception but that still requires you kill major bosses to access it.
DS1 and 2 were both around the mid point. DS3 had the first DLC accessible at either about a third of the way in, with the second being right before the final boss or beating the first DLC (which you're not going to do first try on a character that enters the moment you can).

REhorror

Educated
I hope this is post game.

Better hella friggin' big with more horror elements and edgy weapons.

Bendu

Augur
Pa4vQbB.jpg

:hmmm:

Caim

Arcane
Remember, the game came out February 25th. There's a chance they'll drop the DLC on that day to celebrate the game's second anniversary.

Didn't they also give a look into the DLC for at least one of the earlier games only a few weeks before release?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I hope this is post game.

Better hella friggin' big with more horror elements and edgy weapons.
I'm guessing it will reuse maps the same way Dark souls 1 and Bloodborne DLC does. A nightmare version of the map we're familar with is my guess. But From never do predictable DLCs. It's fun to watch lore fags cry when their pet location is left as 2 lines of text on a butt plug and the DLC is some random location unrelated to everything.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
DS3 had the first DLC accessible at either about a third of the way in
Which was utterly retarded, since a lot of it is balanced for an endgame-level character. Have fun fighting the vikings and the three-phase final boss with a char that just made it to the Deep Cathedral. :lol: Not to mention the bird knights.

Although... now that I think about it, the painted world did have some enemies that were pathetically easy... like the giant flies and the basic zombies... did FS do that to try and make it more accessible to a mid-level character? What an utterly retarded decision. Among many others. Like the atrocious final boss. Probably the worst piece of content that has ever come out of FS.

Ringed City was good though. Anyway, when is the Elder Nig expansion coming out?

Anonona

Learned
I think there is a message in DS3's DLC that warns you about the difficulty, saying something akin to "Comeback once you have reached the depths of Lothric Castle" or something like that. Still is quite retarded you can enter at such a low level.

Silva

Arcane
Which was utterly retarded, since a lot of it is balanced for an endgame-level character. Have fun fighting the vikings and the three-phase final boss with a char that just made it to the Deep Cathedral. :lol: Not to mention the bird knights.
It's piss easy to run through the snow field and get to Frieda's church, corvian settlement, and the ice depths for the titanite boulder. In fact, this is the fastest titanite boulder in the game.

Tl;DR: snow DLC is very doable early, and an useful area to farm and/or complete builds (Crow talons for Bleed, Corvian Rapier for Dex, Onyx Blade for Dark).

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's piss easy to run through the snow field and get to Frieda's church, corvian settlement, and the ice depths for the titanite boulder.
Yes, because running away from enemies to get to an upgrade material you wouldn't know is there on your first playthrough (unless you're playing with a walkthrough) is how you're meant to tackle DS games. :roll:

Silva

Arcane
Oh, I'm talking sucessive playthroughs where you're already know the game and wanna try different builds and approaches. On first playthrough that's off-limits, yeah.

Edit: WTF, I agreed with you Skinwalker . Did I kick your dog or something? :lol:

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane

Although... now that I think about it, the painted world did have some enemies that were pathetically easy... like the giant flies and the basic zombies... did FS do that to try and make it more accessible to a mid-level character? What an utterly retarded decision. Among many others. Like the atrocious final boss. Probably the worst piece of content that has ever come out of FS.

Ringed City was good though. Anyway, when is the Elder Nig expansion coming out?
Yeah, the viking dudes will kick your ass, and if you manage to dodge them have fun getting mauled by a bunch of wolves. And even IF they managed to get past there, the crows in the village are a pain in the ass even for appropriately leveled players.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Yeah, the viking dudes will kick your ass, and if you manage to dodge them have fun getting mauled by a bunch of wolves. And even IF they managed to get past there, the crows in the village are a pain in the ass even for appropriately leveled players.
Painted world has a serious issue of "Why the fuck would I fight something this difficult when I can run past it?" not like you have the need for souls any more if you're there. Easier ways to farm souls and not deal with 8 guys bum rushing you.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Painted world has a serious issue of "Why the fuck would I fight something this difficult when I can run past it?" not like you have the need for souls any more if you're there. Easier ways to farm souls and not deal with 8 guys bum rushing you.
I feel like pretty much everything in souls games has that problem. Bosses give so many souls, and both level requirements and soul drops scale so much over the course of the game that it's never really worth your time to kill anything that can respawn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom