Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX II gets a combat trailer, now available for preorder

And elex still has better combat that twitcher 3
Yes, but combat in Twitcher 3 is very simple, which is exactly what the plebs enjoy.
And... The combat in ELEX is complex how?

Are you just fucking with people or what?
Certainly more complex than Twitcher 3, Mr. Retarded Autist.

It is actually so complex, that it filtered you, and you are bitching about it like a little cunt to this very day.

Certainly more complex than Twitcher 3, Mr. Retarded Autist.
No, it literally isn't, you unhinged mongoloid.
It's as basic as it can get.
Says the autist that keeps on posting in thread just to bitch and whine, because said game doesn't have an AWESOME BUTTON.

BTW, in the Witcher 1, you also had to time your attacks, similar to ELEX. CDPR had to get dump that mechanic because autistic plebs, such as yourself, didn't like it.

And what do you even mean with "it filtered you"? I did play ELEX to completion.
It wasn't exactly a struggle, either.
So you hate a game, and bitch about it like a little whiny cunt, but you also allegedly finished it.

Typical Steam troll right here, folks.

So just because I don't praise every aspect of the game to the high heavens (even if I generally like it, to an extent) now I have to listen to your unhinged rants about how I didn't actually play it.

BTW, in the Witcher 1, you also had to time your attacks, similar to ELEX.
Yeah, it was garbage as well.
Incidentally, the timing wasn't really the problem with either of the two.
Not to mention to say TW 1 "required timing" requires a special flavor of sperg. The time window was so fucking forgiving that a deaf octogenarian with cataracts could master it blindfolded.
What made the system shit was precisely that after a few level ups and upgrades you could basically stop paying any attention and breeze to all the game's encounters without a thought.

Ok, I thought you were trolling for shit and giggles at first, but I'm starting to think you are a genuine lunatic now.

And I have no fucking clue of what a "Steam troll" is even supposed to be.

Last edited:
You are the one ranting here, moron. And making up fictional strawmen to beat down to prove your retarded points.

Some people are just calling you out for being insufferably autistic about it.
You're the little retarded autist that started to throw a hissy fit, because somebody had the AUDACITY to claim that ELEX has more enjoyable combat than the AWESOME BUTTON COMBAT in the Twitcher 3.

Yes, the combat in ELEX filtered your austistic and demented mongoloid ass, we get it. You can calm down now, you degenerated asshole.

"I played ELEX, I even liked it. I just don't think the combat was any good".

"NUUU, IT CAN'T BEEE. YOU'R LYIIIIIING! LEAVE PIRANHA BYTES ALONE!"

crying-cry.gif

You're not giving up, are you? What an epic hissy fit. And nice GIF of yourself, by the way.

Folks, never make the claim that AWESOME BUTTON COMBAT isn't great whenever Tuco The Mouth Breathing Autist is around, otherwise the idiot will throw a massive hissy fit.

autism.gif

Folks, never make the claim that AWESOME BUTTON COMBAT isn't great whenever Tuco The Mouth Breathing Autist is around, otherwise the idiot will throw a massive hissy fit.
Yeah, no one EVER mentioned ANY love for the "awesome button combat", but it is what it.

You really can't stand to face what people are telling you, so you have to make up shit and sound like a complete spastic in the process.

There isn't a single element of ELEX combat worth of any praise.
The concept, the execution, the visuals, the variety, the depth. Even the reliability of hitboxes.
It fails under any possible metric.
Hell, even the balance goes from "gratuitously punishing" to "trivially easy to exploit" almost with no in-between.

But ok, let's list the sperg-out of a German nutjob having a rage fit about anyone who doesn't think it's the fucking greatest thing ever made.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Twitcher 3 combat is shallow but polished (building and improving on the flawed Twitcher 2), ELEX combat is shallow and the opposite of polished. Just pure jank. I'm sure Germans and the German-minded prefer it to Twitcher because in the first few hours of the game everything is so strong that you have to run away from everything and do a bunch of nonviolent quests and jump through hoops to get a companion and better weapons before you can safely hold your own against the lowest level creatures, but that doesn't make the combat system better.

I see the completely demented and massively autistic Italian faggot won't give up and is still throwing a massive hissy fit, because some people in this thread had the audacity to claim that ELEX has more enjoyable combat than Twitcher 3's AWESOME BUTTON COMBAT.

Everthing just has to topple over with a click of the button, so that Tuco The Mouth Breathing Autist can enjoy it.

You can calm down already and drink some more soy, you degenerated whiny asshole.

There isn't a single element of ELEX combat worth of any praise.
The concept, the execution, the visuals, the variety, the depth. Even the reliability of hitboxes.
It fails under any possible metric.
Aha here we go again. "The game filtered me and I am going to whine like a little retarded cunt about it all day long, boo hoo hoo!"

There are others that don't like the game and that is perfectly fine, opinions and all. The only difference is that they don't throw incredibly autistic hissy fits like your stupid ass.

6X554Lr.jpeg

Get gud, faggot.

Last edited:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
In the Witcher 3 you can pause in the middle of combat in order to insta-apply sword oils, and insta-drink potions. So there's never really any need to prepare for a tough fight. Quite TRASHY, and racist against white & asian males (who's capable of -- and enjoy -- foresight & strategic planning). In ELEX however you're punished for not preparing (vulnerable while using potions, stims, etc.). :salute:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Gothic 1 and 2 have better combat than this trash called elex hell even Risen 1 had pretty all right combat systems (only problem being very shitty hitboxes but what can you expect from PB). Face it germoids Pirahna bytes is the only studio that is worth anything in your country and they have been on steady decline since Risen 1. Potatoland owns you in gamedev it's that simple dont cry you still have mercedes, volkswagen and bmw.

Imagine spending the last twelve years of your life managing an amateur agonist boxing team, teaching people to fight in the best way they can, winning enough contests to rank as the fourth gym in your nation… Only to sit on your computer, read the codex and be called names like faggot, soy boy and what else by a livid, raging lunatic German kid who thinks you aren’t manly enough for motherfucking ELEX.

You didn't have to throw a hissy fit, just because somebody wrote that they enjoy combat in ELEX more than in Twitcher 3. You brought this upon yourself, you imbecile.

Anyway, I tire of this. Go see a psychologist. You definitely need it.

JDR13

Arcane
Gothic 1 and 2 have better combat than this trash called elex hell even Risen 1 had pretty all right combat systems (only problem being very shitty hitboxes but what can you expect from PB). Face it germoids Pirahna bytes is the only studio that is worth anything in your country and they have been on steady decline since Risen 1. Potatoland owns you in gamedev it's that simple dont cry you still have mercedes, volkswagen and bmw.

You obviously haven't played all their games if you think they're on a steady decline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In the Witcher 3 you can pause in the middle of combat in order to insta-apply sword oils, and insta-drink potions. So there's never really any need to prepare for a tough fight. Quite TRASHY, and racist against white & asian males (who's capable of -- and enjoy -- foresight & strategic planning). In ELEX however you're punished for not preparing (vulnerable while using potions, stims, etc.). :salute:
This is casual vs hardcore as opposed to a race/sex thing. Twitcher 3 is a big budget game made by a ton of people (over 200) so they had to make concessions for a wider audience who need those crutches to win. ELEX was made by roughly 30 so they could afford to make decisions that would alienate casuals from wanting to give it a try.

Though despite being hardcore, ELEX has a very weird kind of ~balance~ where just a few hours after you're finally capable of safely taking on low level creatures, you can find yourself with top-tier weapons and the build to use them to take on everything with relative ease. The game slowly goes from 0 to 30 and then slams on the gas to go to 100. Witcher 3, by comparison, has a far more traditional-feeling difficulty curve.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
You obviously haven't played all their games if you think they're on a steady decline.
Lol Risen 2 and 3 are trash tier didnt even bother with Elex because retarted setting puts me off and Gothic 3 is such a failure it's not even funny you can enjoy your shit for me it's big decline the only games they made I really enjoy are Gothic 1&2 and Risen 1.

Though despite being hardcore, ELEX has a very weird kind of ~balance~ where just a few hours after you're finally capable of safely taking on low level creatures, you can find yourself with top-tier weapons and the build to use them to take on everything with relative ease. The game slowly goes from 0 to 30 and then slams on the gas to go to 100. Witcher 3, by comparison, has a far more traditional-feeling difficulty curve.
Björn said in one of his videos that this is done by design, i.e. they purposely make the early game, and to some extent the mid game, hard as ass on purpose. After that, it turns into your typical Skyrim-like: Everything just topples over when you blow on it. This is what their fans are used to, what they expect and want from them, so that is what they give them.

Although you do become so uber powerful in the end game of ELEX that you can even one shot the end boss, which is actually kind of ridiculous. I'm not sure what they were thinking there.

JDR13

Arcane
Note how the Elex enjoyer looks so much happier. He's obviously more sophisticated as well.

The detractor looks like a total misanthrope and has mongoloid characteristics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom