Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

BruceVC

Magister
Also i heard from someone their latest Q&A you can go factionless this time. No confirmation yet that i can find or google translate.

That will be very interesting if true and I can see the advantages of this design, that means we can complete multiple quests without burning bridges and becoming an enemy of one faction or another

I remember in ELEX 1 I decided to join the Berserkers and ultimately became an enemy of the Outlaws which was unfortunate

Harthwain

Magister
I am not suggesting people cant be negative or think the game will be an epic fail, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to make a big deal of Jax's voice or to have an opinion that the overall plot means Jax is now a " conspiracy theorist " because of a 2 minute gameplay video seems misplaced and not coming from gamers who have actually played any PB games ?

Its normal to raise concerns about any game but I always like to hear about realistic and constructive criticism :cool:
When you put out a trailer people have the right to analyse it. The trailer is a mash of a few scenes and in every single one of them Jax is treated like a loony for trying to warn people of the incoming collective threat. He needs to "relax" and "it's probably not that important right now". Honestly, it doesn't feel very realistic that nobody is bothered to at least make some inquiries.

About people "making a big deal of Jax's voice" - when the character you're playing as is voiced, then it means you are going to be stuck with the voice he has. So raising criticism here is kind of important. Especially when said voice differs from the one that has been used in the past.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
Gameplay stream is still there: https://gronkh.tv/stream/533

They start at around 3:27:00 (german only though)
Why cant it be in English, some of us dont understand German ;)
Leer Duits praat en hou bitch soos 'n klein poes op die forum. Tipies iemand van Kaapstad af. Al wat julle doen is bitch en moan.

I was just joking, I know PB is a German company so of course live commentary will be primarily in German. Not everything is serious

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Please guys stop criticizing the game, it may affect the sales and I will be losing the bonus from the shilling agency.

Draconis

Liturgist
Aren't PB tired of making the same shitty buggy unplayable piece of shit game over and over?

Good. Because I will continue to play and hate them forever.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Is it just me or are their people unreasonably criticizing the potential success and fun of ELEX 2 because of arbitrary things that shouldn't matter much to the overall depth of all PB games because of all the other components in the game that work
It's not just voice not sounding good. It's that EVERYTHING in that trailer is wrong. From the animations, to no one listening to Jax, to Jax having a kid and a woman who doesn't care about the coming threat, and him running around unarmed and incapacitated by a purple zergling. It's got to be one of the worst CGI trailers ever constructed.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
coz it would look like this

game starts, look around, everything looking great
run around picking some berries and scrap
find some stick you can use as a weapon niiice
ooo first enemy, some small boar. let's try that stick shoudnt be too hard
swing at it and deal no damage. what?
get hit, stuned, hit, hit, you died
coming april 2022
wishlist us on steam
Acceptable. And, arguably, better than most shit you see out there. Extra points if they show you any bugs too.

Star Citizen

Learned

Dodo1610

Arcane
I appreciate that Pb has the guts to even show unedited footage of their game and I like most of what I saw except:

-Too many cutscenes, somehow they decided that Elex didn't have enough of those. There is an animated cutscene. Prerendered cutscenes where even key characters look completely different and finally is short in-game cutscenes. Reminds me of the PS2 era but not in a good way.
-Whatever happened to character models

caja.png

how on earth did these developers look at this and thought that this is an improvement

so does it have a character sheet this time around?
No, the game still doesn't tell you exactly how much HP, MP or stamina you have for some reason.

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
So Jax still operates on tank controls and has cerebal palsy, asthma and muscle atrophy, got it.

Will play it but come on Hans humans are not Pzkw, can't you rework movement and make better animations? That's what every PB fan was complaing about since last 20 years FFS

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Indeed this sucks. Elex aged badly. It was ok in 2017 but releasing a game in this state nowadays is ridiculous.
I don't care about team size or funds, as a buyer I only care about the final product.
Gothic 2 had good graphics for it's time, Elex 2 looks and plays horribly for today's standards.
The camel's back broke so to say.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Indeed this sucks. Elex aged badly. It was ok in 2017 but releasing a game in this state nowadays is ridiculous.
I don't care about team size or funds, as a buyer I only care about the final product.
Gothic 2 had good graphics for it's time, Elex 2 looks and plays horribly for today's standards.
The camel's back broke so to say.

Exactly, low effort because they are still selling their games purely based on nostalgia. "Buy elex because Gothic". These fuckers are lazy and inept and they should be punished by consumers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom