Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

just

Liturgist
Why are devs nowadays so afraid of releasing gameplay trailers? ffs
coz it would look like this

game starts, look around, everything looking great
run around picking some berries and scrap
find some stick you can use as a weapon niiice
ooo first enemy, some small boar. let's try that stick shoudnt be too hard
swing at it and deal no damage. what?
get hit, stuned, hit, hit, you died
coming april 2022
wishlist us on steam

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know this is old, and I've already watched 10 times, but who cares. We do have some idea of how it plays.

I know this is blasphemy, but I am optimist, something we don't do around here. I see you don't get blinded when leaving houses/caves to outside areas.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope the UI is placeholder. In ELEX it looked like that handheld thing you had one your arm. Now it's just some modern Apple UI thing.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The stream posted earlier is no longer available.

Was he not supposed to stream? I see no other videos of the game.

BruceVC

Magister
Wonder if PB will include romance options into ELEX 2. Would be pretty hilarious if they did now that Jax is a family man with a baby.

Their was some nebulous Romance arcs in ELEX 1, they weren't particularly well done or inspiring. I support optional Romance in all RPG but not at the expense of things that resources need to be allocated to that are more important like questing, crafting, character advancement, faction interaction and normal companion interaction and companion questing :cool:

For example I pursed Romance arcs in BG2 and DA1&2 with party members like Viconia and Isabella but I had no real interest in the Romance options in ELEX 1

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I first watched this new trailer on my phone with very bad sound. And it all sounded like this to me: "We can't ignore the SCIENCE, we have to be prepared!" "If we ignore the SCIENCE, there is no future for us".

And I was WTF?! Is Jax now a crazy climate change activist or something?!:lol:

Cunt Dickula!?

Ok. It's official. Jenny Pankratz is the best writer in RPG history.

Jenny Pankratz said:
Dex: I was told the Morkons are bad people. Is that true, dad?

Jax: Where have you heard that?

Dex: Mom told me they attacked our camp at the world heart and killed many of us just like that (without provocation).
It was terrible. Why do the Morkons do something like that, dad?

Jax: That's ... a little complicated to explain.

Dex: I dont understand... Only BAD people do that, or isnt it like that?

Jax: The Morkons follow their religion. A faith of darkness and self-destruction.

Dex: But that doesnt give them the right to kill other people just like that, am i right?

Jax: No of course not. It was only some of them. Surely not all Morkons are like that.

Dex: Hmmm... So that weren't real Morkons?

Jax: Yeah but i think that the troup that attacked the world heart acted on their own will.

Dex: Your right dad. It's really a little complicated...
:hahyou:

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Gameplay stream is still there: https://gronkh.tv/stream/533

They start at around 3:27:00 (german only though)
Why cant it be in English, some of us dont understand German ;)

12s8ad.jpg

DEUTSCH, MUTTERFICKER! SPRICHST DU ES?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The UI isnt the best but that at least looks 100x more functional than elex 1

Not like PB ever had truly good UI.
UI was never a dealbreaker for PB's games anyways. It being first person means the UI just has to stay out of the way most of the time to be fine enough.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Map stitched from various streams

Edan and everything southwest seems inaccessible.

Tavar is conquered by berserkers and now green.

Ignadon somehow gets snowy

Comet impact side have settlements now??

z3fEEOx.jpg

Grimlorn

Arcane
Another cinematic trailer :-<

Why is everyone so dismissive towards Jax? After everything he went through to save everyone in Maglan, he ended up being treated like how people would treat a Jehovah Witness or a street salesman standing on their doorsteps.

It's like Mass Effect 2 all over again. I'm not a fan of the purple zerglings either. Not picking up a super advanced alien race that can wipe out humanity from recycled zerglings.

quixotic

Learned
I’ve had an urge to finally try a PB game, this thread (along with all they’re games being on sale right now) has made me decide to take the plunge.
Starting with Gothic 1 soon, wish me luck:salute:

BruceVC

Magister
Is it just me or are their people unreasonably criticizing the potential success and fun of ELEX 2 because of arbitrary things that shouldn't matter much to the overall depth of all PB games because of all the other components in the game that work

I am not suggesting people cant be negative or think the game will be an epic fail, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to make a big deal of Jax's voice or to have an opinion that the overall plot means Jax is now a " conspiracy theorist " because of a 2 minute gameplay video seems misplaced and not coming from gamers who have actually played any PB games ?

Its normal to raise concerns about any game but I always like to hear about realistic and constructive criticism :cool:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is it just me or are their people unreasonably criticizing the potential success and fun of ELEX 2 because of arbitrary things that shouldn't matter much to the overall depth of all PB games because of all the other components in the game that work
Everytime someone criticizes something, this argument comes up.

We're criticizing what we were shown. That's not unreasonable. That does not amount to criticizing "the potential success and fun of ELEX 2". I think if it's as good as the first or even a bit improved, it'll be one of the best games of the decade. Yet that doesn't mean we can't criticize what we see.

But to make a big deal of Jax's voice [...] seems misplaced and not coming from gamers who have actually played any PB games ?
What? How does that even make sense. Obviously someone criticizing the voice played the previous one at least. It is significantly different in tone and attitude, so yeah, it changes the character people were used to. It changes the point of view the player has into the game. Perfectly fine to criticize. And if someone liked the way it was before, it does have an impact on the enjoyment of the game.

Stop being a senseless fanboy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom