Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Codex Year of the Donut
They copied XCOM, and Mass effect. Congratulations.

Also the "morality" system isn't working well. (I could design something far better for ELEX.) (In fact JAX pissed off faction system would work well considering the world.) When I played Disco Elysium at the ending there was: "he's xxx and xxx I don't know how he managed to do both, but he did". Also I managed to get both chief racist title and not piss Kim.

In comparison ELEX 2 has "Black and White 2" system.

Third problem is the flying stuff that would simply allow easily avoid enemies on ground and allow to get everywhere. It kinda gives me Divinity 2 dragon form... AA EVERYWHERE when you flew as dragon in Divinity 2. And that will not be nice for ELEX 2 gameplay.
is this post available in english?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Technomancer is a great game. The world Spiders created was great as well. I

I disagree. The """technomancer""" is just a sci fi melee lightning mutant. It is awful. You only use proper technomancy in cutscenes. Now, Elex has potential to have cool technomancy. Imagine conjuring gravity fields or EMP fields, chain lightning enemy robots taking control over enemy tech and so on. That would be cool.
Attention Crispy. I have a nigger replying to my posts

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
and Rusty
I only play games on the hardest difficult available, dipshit.

Did you finished kingmaker on unfair?

Have you seen german women?!

Yep. Google Oktobverfest and any city which has it. Try to find any ugly woman. You will fail miserably... My ex girlfriend was of German ancestry.
LoL beerfests are filled with foreigners,no germans there.

Cat Dude

Savant
eat-lead-collage-720892.jpg

Not this again :negative::negative::negative::negative:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The question is. Can I be a technomancer on Elex 2? No, I an not talking about electric melee mutant that only uses his power on cutscenes. I an talking about controlling a robot army, throwing EMP fields, discharging lightning on the enemies and so on.

Anyway.

Piranha Bytes only makes Gothic 2.
  • Gothic 1 = Gothic 2 in prison
  • Gothic 2 = Gothic 2
  • Gothic 3 = Open world Gothic 2
  • Risen = Gothic 2 colonial
  • Risen 2 = Pirate Gothic 2
  • Risen 3 = Pirate Gothic 2 2
  • Elex = SCI FI Gothic 2
  • Elex 2 = SCI FI Gothic 2 2

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Will they at least pronounce it right this time? (Or change the spelling to how it's pronounced - EELIX)

Perkel

Arcane
Will they at least pronounce it right this time? (Or change the spelling to how it's pronounced - EELIX)

Better question is: "Will someone actually play it ?" I remember getting into it and first 2 hours felt like some playstation 2 game made by some platformer team who wanted to make for some reason neverwinter nights like game

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some wishlist:

Bring back gothic knockout when fighting with friendly NPC.

Gothic 3's crime system was actually ok with some modifiers. If you're new, then like in gothic 3, too much crap goes missing, the people blame you, the new guy. As you increase your reputation, there is no stealing limit unless someone caught you red handed.

Weapon soft lock instead of hard lock. You can wield weapons above your pay grade, but with debuffed stat and no combo. Like dark souls.

Attributes affect damage/etc. Pls.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Better question is: "Will someone actually play it ?" I remember getting into it and first 2 hours felt like some playstation 2 game made by some platformer team who wanted to make for some reason neverwinter nights like game

Lots of people played the first one, it's very popular on the Codex. I finished it too. It's a pretty good game but it has massive pacing issues. For like the first 40% of the game even the smallest rat will basically instakill you and you have to run from every encounter or jetpack away like a goddamn mad lad. You need to be at a ridiculously high level to get better weapons. Then once you do, you faceroll pretty much every enemy in the game. There's noting in between. Also you can't join a faction until like halfway through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom