Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Official trailer:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/900040/view/4986028794973198181

The Next Piranha Bytes Game: Announcing ELEX II
6d3a83cf1292eb094b6bbc5e6130cc294c0207d7.png

Essen, Germany / Vienna, Austria - June 15th, 2021: Probably the best-kept secret is finally getting revealed: The next Piranha Bytes Game is indeed ELEX II. Surprise!

The planet Magalan has seen some rather peaceful years after the Events of ELEX I: old factions have been vanquished, new factions have risen. The Berserkers’ attempts to regrow and terraform the lands have started to bear fruit. After the defeat of the Hybrid, the Albs are no longer a threat. However, our hero - Jax - returns with knowledge of a new menace that’s casting a shadow over Magalan. It falls to Jax to unite these different factions together to face this darkness together.

ELEX II is in development for PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One™ and the Xbox Series S/X™. There is no official release date yet.

Follow ELEX II on social media:
Twitter: @Elex_Game

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elexgame
Discord: https://discord.gg/elex

Enjoy and stay tuned!

Last edited:

RapineDel

Augur
I'm excited, the jet pack stuff has me slightly concerned though.

It was handled really well in Elex 1. If felt like the perfect budget solution to what otherwise would have been janky climbing. Completely fine with that side of it returning.

That screenshot that makes it look as if you can fly around the map is a concern though. I really hope it is moreso for fast travel purposes (or resources to do it with are scarce and for a short duration) and you can't just fly around however you want.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I couldn't get into ELEX given how clunky it was even for PB standards (horrible UI, horrible combat, super boring loot, outdated graphics). Hopefully part two will be more polished. I still think that SciFi-Fantasy mash up doesn't work, but that's a matter of taste.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I couldn't get into ELEX given how clunky it was even for PB standards (horrible UI, horrible combat, super boring loot, outdated graphics). Hopefully part two will be more polished. I still think that SciFi-Fantasy mash up don't work, but that's a matter of taste.
Then fuck off cunt,go pester another thread.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm excited, the jet pack stuff has me slightly concerned though.

It was handled really well in Elex 1. If felt like the perfect budget solution to what otherwise would have been janky climbing. Completely fine with that side of it returning.

That screenshot that makes it look as if you can fly around the map is a concern though. I really hope it is moreso for fast travel purposes (or resources to do it with are scarce and for a short duration) and you can't just fly around however you want.
it said after a few upgrades though. so the progress will be like metroidvania double jump/glide thing. if they put the last upgrade after >50% the game it would be fine

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did you notice the Clerics are gone from the trailer?

It features three factions: Albs (the pale skin guy), Berserkers (the redhead, probably Caja from Elex 1) and Outlaws.

Seems like Albs, with their white-blue color scheme took the place of black-red Clerics as the high tech faction. I wonder what will be in game explanation for this.

just

Liturgist
that trailer looks like some nonstop action epic battles blasting motherfuckers left and right
in reality you're walking around for 7 hours trying to find a sword and jumping on towers to pick up trash

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It features three factions: Albs (the pale skin guy), Berserkers (the redhead, probably Caja from Elex 1) and Outlaws.

Seems like Albs, with their white-blue color scheme took the place of black-red Clerics as the high tech faction. I wonder what will be in game explanation for this.
probably about calaan their god. i am gonna roll a cleric this time around because I am intrigued by it and they teased it with the infinite skies advertisements in ELEX 1

Codex Year of the Donut

what faction is this guy supposed to be representing?
is he the outlaws guy?(forgot the name), but he's wearing strange armor for an outlaw?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, I'm excited.

I just hope they get the game balance a little better this time. The power transitions in Elex were a little too rough. And enemy armor too binary (either you penetrate or forget it.. or spam granades I guess).
Needing minimum Tier 1 weaponry to be able to fight somewhat competently even vs starting mobs didn't feel right.
Fighting vs groups never felt right. Combat system seemed to be made with duels in mind... but outside of some faction quarrels, you almost never fight 1 on 1.

In Gothic 2 the transition from peasant who can't hold his sword right to a hero was far smoother/better.
LoL what a heretic,disgusting balance in PB game.
tenor.gif
not balance in josh sawyer way, but something between "fuck little rats kill me" and "trolls? mega mutants? i stomp them like cockroaches". i hope they do something to make the transition between very weak and super-powered smoother. i heard elex overhaul does this so I am playing with it now.
Nah,early hard game is the best thing about PB games. Once you become powerful makes sense to kill shit without problems. It is not like you could kill trolls at level one in ELEX,unlike Gothic games.

I'm not arguing against hard early game. I actually liked that aspect of G2 a lot.
But with some skill, patience and enemy moveset familiarity, you could beat much stronger opponents then your level would indicate in Gothic.

In Elex its more like "LOL, you don't have a faction enhanced weapon (and minimum level 10 stats to wield it)? that's not even gonna leave a scratch in my super-armor, get lost scrub".
Playing for like 10-15 hours without the capability to fight anyone, even those starter bugs, is too much.
And eventually you rolfstomp every singular enemy, you don't need to learn movesets or anything, you simply stunlock enemies to death.

In Gothic 2 the start was hard, but fair. You could try your luck with those goblins or bug Field Raiders. It wasn't easy, but with some practice you could fight them nearly from the start.
And you always needed to watch out for enemy movesets and tells, as some enemies were very deadly.

Codex Year of the Donut

what faction is this guy supposed to be representing?
is he the outlaws guy?(forgot the name), but he's wearing strange armor for an outlaw?
Same guy I'm pretty sure, he's using a sword-like weapon and a shield?

Doesn't seem like Berserker armor at all so I don't think it's Duras or some other berserker.

[edit]
and if the woman is supposed to be Caja, tbh her armor looks the closest to outlaw armor. I really have no idea what's going on in the trailer :M

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Anyone who likes Elex and hasn't played The Technomancer really ought to give it a blast.

I fucking loved it. Spiders same as PB in that there's a million unpolished, B-movie clunky elements which you have to work around, but playing as a Rogue it was a great time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom