Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  • The moral system has been revised: Instead of a cold value for Jax's emotional state, there is now "creation" and "destruction". Whoever kills defenseless sheep, for example, increases the destruction value.
As if ELEX wasn't amazing enough, PB went all in with complex sheep genocide-morality systems.. Fuck, I kneel.
I want those destruction points. thesheeep your days are numbered.

What if you make love to the sheep, does that give "creation" points?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck, I'm excited.

I just hope they get the game balance a little better this time. The power transitions in Elex were a little too rough. And enemy armor too binary (either you penetrate or forget it.. or spam granades I guess).
Needing minimum Tier 1 weaponry to be able to fight somewhat competently even vs starting mobs didn't feel right.
Fighting vs groups never felt right. Combat system seemed to be made with duels in mind... but outside of some faction quarrels, you almost never fight 1 on 1.

In Gothic 2 the transition from peasant who can't hold his sword right to a hero was far smoother/better.
LoL what a heretic,disgusting balance in PB game.
tenor.gif
not balance in josh sawyer way, but something between "fuck little rats kill me" and "trolls? mega mutants? i stomp them like cockroaches". i hope they do something to make the transition between very weak and super-powered smoother. i heard elex overhaul does this so I am playing with it now.

Sykar

Arcane
  • The moral system has been revised: Instead of a cold value for Jax's emotional state, there is now "creation" and "destruction". Whoever kills defenseless sheep, for example, increases the destruction value.
As if ELEX wasn't amazing enough, PB went all in with complex sheep genocide-morality systems.. Fuck, I kneel.
I want those destruction points. thesheeep your days are numbered.

What if you make love to the sheep, does that give "creation" points?

Maybe! Though muslims taught me that you can only have halal creation points with your wife, for everything else you need sheep!
r89py3oyj3q0.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
You didn't like the lack of a proper character sheet and attributes that did absolutely nothing?

It's amazing how much better ELEX was than the garbage put out by Bethesda even without these vital things! Now imagine how much better than even that ELEX 2 will be if they implement them properly!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
PB making women in their games ugly far before any other western dev. Glad to see they're continuing the tradition.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Have you seen german women?!

PS:Now that i noticed the trailer,she looks pretty good,would bang. Far better than those niggers dikes in kwan games!

We got plenty of beauties in Germany. Certainly not less than the British.
:troll:
I agree,you have more Slav gastarbeiter than england. Also better teeth,would take german wench over an english one for sure.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck, I'm excited.

I just hope they get the game balance a little better this time. The power transitions in Elex were a little too rough. And enemy armor too binary (either you penetrate or forget it.. or spam granades I guess).
Needing minimum Tier 1 weaponry to be able to fight somewhat competently even vs starting mobs didn't feel right.
Fighting vs groups never felt right. Combat system seemed to be made with duels in mind... but outside of some faction quarrels, you almost never fight 1 on 1.

In Gothic 2 the transition from peasant who can't hold his sword right to a hero was far smoother/better.
LoL what a heretic,disgusting balance in PB game.
tenor.gif
not balance in josh sawyer way, but something between "fuck little rats kill me" and "trolls? mega mutants? i stomp them like cockroaches". i hope they do something to make the transition between very weak and super-powered smoother. i heard elex overhaul does this so I am playing with it now.
Nah,early hard game is the best thing about PB games. Once you become powerful makes sense to kill shit without problems. It is not like you could kill trolls at level one in ELEX,unlike Gothic games.

Sykar

Arcane
You didn't like the lack of a proper character sheet and attributes that did absolutely nothing?

It's amazing how much better ELEX was than the garbage from of Bethesda even without these vital things! Now imagine how much better than even that ELEX 2 will be if they implement them properly!

That is not.. exactly a high bar to cross. Dogshit is probably better than anything released by Bethderp past Morrowind.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Jinn

Arcane
That is not.. exactly a high bar to cross. Dogshit is probably better than anything released by Bethderp past Morrowind.

Compare the size of Skyrim, Fallout 4, or Fallout 76's dev teams to ELEX era Piranha Bytes. The fact that such a small team with limited resources can still do so much better with the most basic concepts of open world design is noteworthy.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Can we just be happy that the game was finally announced without dunking on other games?

Normal people: hurray, the sequel to my favorite game was finally unveiled, I can't wait to play it!
Codexers: hurray, the sequel to my favorite game was finally unveiled, I bet it'll be better than the dogshit bethesda guys are making.

Jinn

Arcane
Can we just be happy that the game was finally announced without dunking on other games?

Says the guy who dunks on like 75% of the stuff he discusses on this site. Sorry, I'll try to be more sympathetic to Bethesda from here on out.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This gives of remarkably few red flags so far for a sequel. After Risen 1 to Risen 2 and Gothic 2 to Gothic 3 one always has to be vigilant.
Compared to Elex 1 the only new sales arguments seem to be improved melee and ranged controls and a bigger tank for your jetpack so you can use it for traversal. Which both should be somewhat possible to implement without killing the strengths that Elex 1 had.

So:
ELEX II
:hypeship:

ELEX II

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom