Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Don't. The German and international versions actually have completely different scripts, the English version is not a translation.

Nope.

I can't rep, so thanks for the answer.

I can't believe a legendary studio like PB would allow a travesty like this. Seems like something Hideo Kojima would come up with as a joke.

Dodo1610

Arcane
pbteam2020-banner.jpg

Here the faces of Piranha Bytes + profiles

https://www.worldofelex.de/en/site/news-archive/14-news-en/articles-en/707-piranha-bytes-team-2020

Looks like the Elex 2 marketing campaign is slowly starting

:incline:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So I am playing this wonderful game (so far) and like it a lot.

A couple questions :
- Any reason not to drink Elexit immediately ?
- Any big thing I should know before building my character ( eg broken skills, "that skill will be given for free" and similar shenanigans).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You'll want to prioritize the trophy skill, at least until you get it to 2/3 so you dont get boned by the absolutely tight economy. You'll want to get 3/3 eventually, sooner is better, but it can wait a bit. Otherwise you're free to go with what you want.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
You'll want to prioritize the trophy skill, at least until you get it to 2/3 so you dont get boned by the absolutely tight economy. You'll want to get 3/3 eventually, sooner is better, but it can wait a bit. Otherwise you're free to go with what you want.
Yeah, I already reached 1/3, I knew it was important from playing Gothic 1-3 [finishing 2 of them] and Risen 1-3.
Wondering if the "extra XP" skills are worth it, too.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah, I already reached 1/3, I knew it was important from playing Gothic 1-3 [finishing 2 of them] and Risen 1-3.
I haven't taken the extra XP skills so idk. I think you'll be trading a skill point for an average of 20 stat points, based on what I've heard from others. It could be important if you want to make a challenge run where you don't abuse Elex Potions.

Sykar

Arcane
I haven't taken the extra XP skills so idk. I think you'll be trading a skill point for an average of 20 stat points, based on what I've heard from others. It could be important if you want to make a challenge run where you don't abuse Elex Potions.

Well 2 of those experience skills can be gotten from jewelry. The 5% from killing enemies I got from eating an apple. Don`t ask I do not know why. That being said the skill is almost useless with a companion around early game since you yourself need to land the killing blow, does not even matter how much damage you dealt, if the enemy had 1 HP left and all damage was done by you, if your companion kills it you get no extra experience whatsoever.

welly321

Scholar
Elex 2 has the potential to be legendary if they can fix the stat system. I'd also like to see an improvement on hand placed loot. There was some cool hand placed stuff but most if it had ridiculous stat requirements to use. Finding Elex potions is cool but I can't help missing the stone tablets from gothic 2. I find Magalan to be an amazing setting for a game. I love the mix of Sci-fi and fantasy and the different Biomes. The white snowy mountains of Xacor, the yellowy desert of Tabar, the lush green forest where the berserkers lived, the Volcanic place where the clerics were. If they can keep the setting and improve on a few things, Elex 2 could really be amazing.

Murk

Arcane

Late as hell to this, and probably no longer relevant, but the answer for the extra XP skills is mostly "no". You can get the book reading one from an amulet, which you can just equip when going through them. You can get the monster killing one as well, but truth is that they give little extra XP to really "make up for it". If you're going for a cold playthrough and don't mind chugging elex potions, then yeah sure, since it also raises your 'charisma' stat, but in terms of getting more XP to be "worth it", no. The extra attribute at level up however is worth it if you get it early enough, unless you specifically plan to be a low INT build.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

Late as hell to this, and probably no longer relevant, but the answer for the extra XP skills is mostly "no". You can get the book reading one from an amulet, which you can just equip when going through them. You can get the monster killing one as well, but truth is that they give little extra XP to really "make up for it". If you're going for a cold playthrough and don't mind chugging elex potions, then yeah sure, since it also raises your 'charisma' stat, but in terms of getting more XP to be "worth it", no. The extra attribute at level up however is worth it if you get it early enough, unless you specifically plan to be a low INT build.
Yeah I figured out the whole "ELEX / potion" thingie and realized that the only one I would need is the extra attribute at level up. I found an amulet or something to get more XP when completing quests, and I realized it is only +5% so not worth it.

Murk

Arcane
The document reading one is the only one that significantly impacts the % (double on books, 50% on documents) but there's so few that you can just save them up for when you get one of the various amulets.

I think you can argue the "xp on kill" one is eventually worth it if you plan to do a lot of combat since it may *eventually* pay for a level up (and monsters do respawn) but I think you're better off putting the point into something more immediately useful.

Though I personally like having charisma skills, so if you need a point there, not an awful way to go about it.

Also worth noting you can get a similar if not identical effect from using gemstones in your gear -- gems aren't consumed upon slotting, so you can deslot them later to upgrade them and switch them around.

edit: Others mentioned this, but just in case, make sure to max out trophy hunting 3 before you take on many strong mutant enemies (patron, moloch, cyclops, etc.) as it lets you harvest natural elex from them. Also, get haggle before you spend tens of thousands of shards on your armor sets.

Other weird note: if you get a weapon with a factional modification that is from a faction you won't be joining (so if you join zerkers, the 'energy sword' is an example) don't upgrade it as it will lose the modification.

You'll go from 'energy sword 1' to 'sword 2', and you won't be able to regain the elemental modification outside of your faction.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Going to give playing through this game another go. Someone mentioned it's possible to do quests without getting blocked from joining a faction. So I'm going to do all the side quests I can and then join a faction and do the main quest. I'll make a save before joining a faction so I can see what it is like playing as each one.

Saw this video, and now I'm going to try turning Auto-Focus off and seeing what difference that makes.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Had to disable tutorials in order to stop the slow mo button prompts that were messing up my combos.

Got super lucky, while Duras was guiding me managed to aggro a super strong enemy, Reaver. Ran all the way to Duras and had him basically kill the guy for me. Got a lot of extra experience and Elexit. Now I can afford to get the extra hitpoints skill, once I find a survival trainer.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Been doing quests, have gotten to level 5 and got the animal trophy skill along with extra hitpoints.

Really like the design decision to have you weak as hell in the beginning. Guard jips you out of a reward when doing a quest for him. If you threaten him he oneshots your butt into the ground. The smart move is to accept being ripped off or persuade him if you have the right skills (I didn't.) In most games threatening or killing people is punished based on some morality system. In this game it's punished by getting beaten to death.

It forces you to act like an actual human being would in real life, don't start fights with everyone you meet and try and find an alternate solution to a problem. It's actually really refreshing to not be some unstoppable god-like chosen one. I'm loving this.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been doing quests, have gotten to level 5 and got the animal trophy skill along with extra hitpoints.

Really like the design decision to have you weak as hell in the beginning. Guard jips you out of a reward when doing a quest for him. If you threaten him he oneshots your butt into the ground. The smart move is to accept being ripped off or persuade him if you have the right skills (I didn't.) In most games threatening or killing people is punished based on some morality system. In this game it's punished by getting beaten to death.

It forces you to act like an actual human being would in real life, don't start fights with everyone you meet and try and find an alternate solution to a problem. It's actually really refreshing to not be some unstoppable god-like chosen one. I'm loving this.
welcome to piranha bytes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom