Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Erikkolai

Learned
Looks like some retarded nazi streamer "accidentally" confirmed ELEX 2.

He basically talks about that he is a certified translator and about how much the german localization for Disco Elysium would cost (~200k) which is an insane amount of money for an indie dev.

But then he keeps on going that he has some practical experience with Elex2. He immediately seems to realize that he might have accidentally spoiled it right there and pauses for a brief moment even addressing the potential spoiler.

Sounded legit.

heres-the-truth-about-this-highly-suspect-screens-2-17942-1523571521-0_dblbig.jpg

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm really surprised how long they are taking and that there hasn't been any official news. I remember when ELEX first came out everyone thought the next game would be out in a year or two

Come on... the monsters in Elex most certainly respawn. I mean, there are at least TWO reddit threads dedicated to bitching and moaning about this.

nvm looks like Reader realized his mistake.

Dodo1610

Arcane
just imagine star citizen being made in germany

They actually tried but PB Red's Spacetime was cancelled.

I imagine that being bought by THQ Nordic has also affected Elex 2 production which should have been announced during the Gamescom.

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
informative - but i was actually joking about star citizen scamming german government for even more money

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Elex will be released the same day cyberpunk does. This will ruin cd projekt for good since everyone will buy and play Elex and not cyberpunk.

RapineDel

Augur
I'm really surprised how long they are taking and that there hasn't been any official news. I remember when ELEX first came out everyone thought the next game would be out in a year or two

Their recent release schedule suggests it should have been out this year but with Covid etc. it would make sense that it's delayed. I'd be shocked if it isn't out the next year.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Now It's official no Elex 2 announcement this year. At least they say that it's pretty far in development hopefully it will be out next year.

:stunned:

Last edited by a moderator:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Michael Ruve is the captain and piranha bytes is his galleon. He must help his crew of pirates weather the storm, sail through rocks and dangerous waters.
But all of it is worth it, because he will deliver us all shipwrecked gamers to the wondrous treasure island of Elex 2.

Last edited:
Ok, I started playing Elex yesterday, the game's great and all, but some things annoy me.

I'm fairly decent with German but not fluent enough to understand stuff 100% every time, so I tried playing with audio in German and subtitles in English, and vice-versa. I've never seen a translation that was so different from the original. The English seems a lot more stripped down and sometimes the subject of conversation and options have little to do with each other. I saw a German Youtube video that recommended the English version, while Roxxor's review claims the German is the only authentic version. I think I'll play the English first and then the German after a full playthrough.

Does increasing stats have any effect apart from unlocking skills? I stupidly spent my first 20 attribute point in Cunning hoping to create a talker character and not only there doesn't seem to be any effect, I can't train any skills without a secondary attribute. I guess I'll start over.

Nights are WAY too bright. I can't distinguish between night and day, which ruins my retro Piranha Bytes experience. Is this mod any good? https://www.nexusmods.com/elex/mods/55?tab=description

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
so I tried playing with audio in German and subtitles in English

Don't. The German and international versions actually have completely different scripts, the English version is not a translation.

Does increasing stats have any effect apart from unlocking skills?

Nope.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what's the main difference between English and German scriptwise? What do you miss out on playing English?

Terenty

Liturgist
Do Elex 2 does exist and may very well come out next year?

Next year is already better than this one then

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom