Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Did you change your rendering backend by any chance? (For example, from OpenGL to Vulkan or vice-versa)

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
I had this happen due to an Nvidia driver update and updating it again a few days later fixed things. But I locked my flycast core for other reasons at one point too (stopped being able to save due to an update). I rarely update my cores tbh. I do like a yearly thing where I update and check everything when I have some free time.

v1rus

Arcane
Did you change your rendering backend by any chance? (For example, from OpenGL to Vulkan or vice-versa)
I had this happen due to an Nvidia driver update and updating it again a few days later fixed things. But I locked my flycast core for other reasons at one point too (stopped being able to save due to an update). I rarely update my cores tbh. I do like a yearly thing where I update and check everything when I have some free time.

Hm. I'm trying my hardest to pinpoint what could have I possibly changed from the last time Flycast used to work properly. I did update the core recently, but the shaders should have worked after that. I'm quite sure I havent changed my rendering backend too. But nvidia driver update? Now, theres a chance that happened. I'll update the drivers and let you know how it works.

Ty bros :love:

v1rus

Arcane
No luck, updating the drivers didnt do anything :(

On a side note - anyone tried running PCSX2 on RA? Is it as bad as people say?

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
No luck, updating the drivers didnt do anything :(

On a side note - anyone tried running PCSX2 on RA? Is it as bad as people say?
It's pretty shit cause no SW renderer but for the games where the HW renderer is fine it gives you all the benefits of RA.

I used to whinge a lot about the PCSX2 libretro core always lagging so far behind, because PCSX2 used to be so very laggy (from an input latency perspective, it used to be truly awful, not only input lag but also frame pacing).

However, ever since the QT update, they've resolved pretty much all latency/sync issues and now I can play latency-sensitive stuff like DDP DOJ no problem.

I love RA, but I still use some standalone emulators, especially for post-DC stuff:

1. PCSX2
2. RPCS3
3. Xenia
4. Citra (for MH4U)
5. Yuzu
6. Xenia (for Ninja Gaiden Black and Panzer Orta, doesn't work very well though, a lot of shader stutter)

001.jpg

PapaPetro

Doesn't it bother you not running the latest version of the games in RPCS3?
What bothers me is getting Castlevania HD to work out the gate.
I remember what happened last time; took a small online PhD course to get that game + DLC working again.
Fool me once...

If they've got that Netplay working though, now that's a gamechanger.
CV HD + Multiplayer = :chef's kiss:

Puukko

Arcane
I've updated RPCS3 basically every time I've used it (which isn't that often, mostly just for testing) and I don't think it ever broke anything.

v1rus

Arcane
Anyone knows a fix for shadows under the characters flickering on RA? Its a problem I'm seeing everywhere, regardless of the emulator (FbNeo, Flycast, whatever) and game. Appears in FGs, in beat um ups, etc. I get it that the problem is caused by my monitor, and that its not supposed to be played on a modern one. But, is there a software solution?

flyingjohn

Arcane
100% sure this will break everything if I hit Yes.
Nah, you are on 00.21 , the true bad stuff will happen when the emu reaches 00.30.
I've updated RPCS3 basically every time I've used it (which isn't that often, mostly just for testing) and I don't think it ever broke anything.
A month or two ago a update broke some ratchet games for a week. It is a gamble if everything is working.
But, is there a software solution?
First check if it happens in standalones. Dannyboy( head honcho of RA) breaks stuff constantly because he can't code for shit.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS FINALLY GOT ENOUGH MONITORS AND COMPUTERS TO ATTEMPT A VISUAL PINBAL SETUP ILL SEE HOW THAT GOES

MY DAD HAS ANOTHER WIDESCREEN MONIGTOR THAT MIGHT END UP AS A MAME MACHINE MARQUEEEE

flyingjohn

Arcane
CITRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hey, ,you know that lovely vulkan build that actually made the damn thing usable on Amd? Guess who stopped all further all development until it is integrated into the normal Citra code?
Unfortunately this fork was done unofficially and the Citra team is just hoping that the guy will merge the code successfully because???
It could come out tomorrow, or in 10 years.
I swear this emu devs are literally trying to one up Xenia as the most "Schrodinger cat of the emu scene , in terms of will shit run".

Good news,Vita3k is pretty decent. Having the option to play msg 2/3 without pressure sensitive bullshit with some audio/graphical glitches is pretty nice.

Puukko

Arcane
Hm, I'm on AMD now, is it actually unusable on OpenGL, or what's the case? Then again, Citra development is on the slower side so you could probably use that fork for a fairly long time.

flyingjohn

Arcane
is it actually unusable on OpenG
Who da fuck knows anymore. 2 versions ago it was semi decent and now it is practically stutter heaven. And I compared the versions without shaders for accuracy sake.
Could also be Amd drivers since the last couple of updates broke almost all older open gl performance.

Puukko

Arcane
I found these bezel shaders to be a bit silly until I fiddled around with them myself. Yeah, I can see the appeal, those reflections are really nice and add that bit of depth.

I went with crt-royale as a base and appended mbv-0-smooth-adv from the Mega Bezels pack. Don't know if that's best practice since there are overlapping effects but it all seems to gel together well regardless so I suppose it's fine.

...very damn nearly maxes out my 6800 XT though. :lol:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Been tinkering with Red Dead Redemption on Xenia lately after playing the visually stunning RDR2 on PC at 2160p. Latest xenia canary builds make this game never dip below 60 FPS at 4K. Impressive to see upscaling on that level, but man, those textures and the poor anti-aliasing options make the game still look like dookie though it runs like a dream. Did any of you guys ever get this game looking good, or is it just universal truth that you can't make these ancient things look decent without texture packs, no matter how much you pump up the resolution? The pop-in is horrible, with sometimes a chicken magically fading into existence just 10 feet away. I assume these things can't be fixed because of the severe limitations of the Xbox 360 hardware, not even with mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom