Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

/\ :lol:

Actually some friends of mine are still surprised when they learn about emulation. I guess their idea of pirating only extends to the games.

It is a pretty nice site, though. Introduced me about Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G and Saga Frontier.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THAY SITE HELPED ME QUITE A BIT FOR SOME OF THE STUFF

MEDNAFFEN FOR PCECD AND SSF FOR SATURN

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In the mid-early 90s I remember a distinction between video games and computer games. No one bothers anymore with that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Or interactive movies.

There was announcement for another Etrian Odyssey (3 games!) , was thinking "why not try play at least one of them on NDS/desmume"? Well, here is something strange.
I have crappy notebook, must use economic mode that don't launch main GPU, cause his vent is loud like a friggin' chopper, no kidding.
Tried few tweaks, seems like using OpenGL render in 3D Settings give satisfying boost. But trick is - settings can't be saved, it constantly switch to default SoftRasterizer, which run horribly.
Googled problem, it's seems that's because I have crappy GPU/bad drivers for it. So it switch to more demanding mode automaticaly.
jackie-chan-wtf-meme.jpeg

No, switching power mode in notebook is out of question, I don't want to wake up anyone.

EDIT
Now it work. How? No idea.
I see that significant boost will come from dynamic recompiler. But it say about some possible bugs and breaks. So...it can break your saves? I can play dozen hour in something and it's broke them? Sorry for stupid questions, I'm just that curious. Answer is no, they don't break it to state, where saves get corrupted.

EDIT2
Why did I even wrote this? Seems like panic like a girl. Should not write under influences.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sheesh, talk about spilling your guts. I just read his post and it sounded like he was on the brink of a meltdown.

I'm not sure why exactly he's so adamant on learning japanese though. Besides being able to play/import japanese games and not worry about a translation, of course.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Well SNES core is almost perfect. And he is not young man anymore and has health issues (some strange chest pain).

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

No Great Name

Arcane
"An example system includes: a reproduction processing unit for displaying reproduction of game play at a display unit on the basis of reproduction data to be used for reproducing game play; a relevant information accepting unit for accepting input of relevant information, which is relevant to game play by the reproduction processing unit, during reproduction of the game play; and a post transmitting unit for transmitting the relevant information accepted by the relevant information accepting unit to a predetermined server machine"

How the hell can people even read this? This is just the abstract too. I tried to make sense of the rest of the text but this is worse than trying to interpret bills passed by the US Congress.

spekkio

Arcane
Tested Valkyria Chronicles 2 looking for best graphical output.

1st screen: Rendering Res =1x, Texture Filtering = Auto (Nearest) -> low res, no 2D glitches
2nd screen: Rendering Res =Auto, Texture Filtering = Linear -> high res, some 2D glitches, blurry

Xy208tG.jpg

hH5yLUi.jpg

EZv1JXT.jpg

CSqkwQq.jpg

Es9nQee.jpg

YgSQxMr.jpg
Full screen with "Natural (better colors)" shader:

KKaAt7t.jpg

1398991056640.jpg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Bro, activate xBRZ texture scaling, please. It's free and improves 2D textures tenfold.

A user named cat

Came across something awesome today, going to try it out pretty soon. You know how in Dolphin you get stuttering in games like F-Zero and Metroid Prime when areas first load? That's due to Dolphin's shitty cache loading which is reminiscent of Gothic 3. It doesn't matter how fast your PC is as it still occurs.

Well some great folks have come up with lagless cache code to eliminate the problem entirely. The official Dolphin devs are such douches, they refuse to implement it in their official build. Go figure, fucking emu authors are as bad as modders. It supposedly even reduces cpu load by 20% which is great for you cavemen with your Intel Celeron RPG Codex computers. Behold:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

A user named cat

Did some testing and this build is no joke, wow. Still buggy though so be warned you may get some crashes or something. It's worth it though.

While there are still some small amount of jitters, it's nothing like before and way smoother. Also there is no more audio crackling or skipping whatsoever, which is glorious. Here is how I have it setup while testing. BE SURE TO DISABLE DUAL CORE SPEEDUP. With it enabled, I kept getting crashes.

VmrOgP9.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
That's
1: All the text there is system text. PPSSPP knows to not touch that with filters. Graphical text (including both text in pictures and games with non-system fonts) however, is completely broken
2: You're using a version meant to be played on a PS3, so the text has a legible size in the first place.

It also fucks with non-text 2D elements.

Play an actual PSP game and it's a mess.

Pictures (I can't remember the last 3D PSP game I played in English that had heavy text and actually works on PPSSPP)

ddlomOm.png

kC2Z3Ud.png

3d barely has an improvement, but the 2D looks dramatically worse. It looks even worse in motion

edit: Found something in English that stood still with texts on display, though the text is bigger than most stuff is.
r27tNxp.png

Iwig2Wp.png

Very little, if any, improvement for substanial losses.

Last edited:

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bleh. I'd rather the graphics look crisp but pixelated than have it look as though someone covered my screen in vaseline. I'll never understand the apparent allergy some people have to pixelation.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I find the whole 'looks like someone re-did the graphics using water painting' more distracting than pixelation personally, but obviously everyone has their own preference.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I find the whole 'looks like someone re-did the graphics using water painting' more distracting than pixelation personally, but obviously everyone has their own preference.
From Deuxhero's pictures I'd take the bottom one for both cases. Stating it's "an unreadable mess" is quite a stretch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom