Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Found me self a potential wifu.

Z1Ez3qy.png

Would Bang 10/10--- agreement.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No, as a black dude you will get a normal weapon like machinegun, that's all.

Theres is another door, that opened with selectron.

Intersting, if you don't eliminate gang that attack Pinic at prologue - will theu show up later? Or is it too much to expect?
They have some relic in their car, and I'm 1 point short to find what is it lol.
Otherwise I would just scare them away.

Yeah, most annoying shit is randoloot-shitsystem, ugly af.
Also wtiting feels as a bit amataurish in that gang quest.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Found me self a potential wifu.

Z1Ez3qy.png

Thats an epic mustache you have here Comrade, and yes once you go according to story and collect companions game is getting much easier... Sadly had to put down Comrade Crumb taking -15 to Black opinion and killing 4 fellow Cops to save one criminal scum* is too much for my char... besides with one more melee companion game would be too easy.

*He is very likable when you do meet him though.... Melee Vigilante.

Played a bit more and so far game is still very fun with all quests having multiple solutions and such... but its also too easy and too forgiving, you are not punished for giving wrong answers on citizen tests, the locks never jam and there are no time sensitive quests so far... but on the other hand reading discussions on Steam maybe its the only way to sell the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
. Sadly had to put down Comrade Crumb taking -15 to Black opinion and killing 4 fellow Cops to save one criminal scum* is too much for my char
:deathclaw:
What? I just bought beer for everyone and got him,killed nobody for him. Also i noticed that he doesn't give much shit about what i do to other oranges,even some times gives a positive reputation with him for screwing them lol.

While that bitch swallow constantly bitch about being a criminal scum lol. Man can't taff a bit of shit to sell to some drug dealer and then betray him....tctctc.

I am just in the beginning,not enough time for games in the last week.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Welp, I come to confirm some of the stuff previously said .

First act is great. Very atmospheric, it completely draws you in. I couldn't drop it for a sec.
Second act is very good, but perhaps it overstays its welcome. It had me hooked, but the small nuisances and flaws began getting annoying.
Third act feels rushed. At this point I feel that if I keep playing, it'll be only to get to the finish line. Not sure if I will.

Final thoughts: Lots of wasted potential. I don't regret my purchase, but I hope the devs keep working on it for a while longer. Buy it now to support if you want, but wait some months or a year before playing it.
Regardless of that, I look forward to whatever project is next in their agenda. If they listen with a critical ear to (monocled) criticism and iron out the imperfections, their next game may be a home run.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
First act is great. Very atmospheric, it completely draws you in. I couldn't drop it for a sec.
Second act is very good, but perhaps it overstays its welcome. It had me hooked, but the small nuisances and flaws began getting annoying.
Third act feels rushed. At this point I feel that if I keep playing, it'll be only to get to the finish line. Not sure if I will.

What people mean when they say rushed?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What people mean when they say rushed?
More work in less time, as a consequence, feels unfinished, buggy, unpolished.

Basically inadequate work done in a hurry, like the last quarter hour of a bigass exam.

Anyone knows the rules for how much AP weapons use? I had the wasp which required 4 ap to shoot, but though to upgrade so i bought the Kraut Dart Gun, but it apparently needs 6 AP to shoot, ensuring that I almost never get off two shoots in one round. I don't see any stat indicating this on the overview of a weapon.
Anyone know where Crump is after end of Act1? Katarzyna was still around in the lab but not him. Also anybody else found the City a bit empty? Where are good places to upgrade weapons and armour?

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Anyone knows the rules for how much AP weapons use? I had the wasp which required 4 ap to shoot, but though to upgrade so i bought the Kraut Dart Gun, but it apparently needs 6 AP to shoot, ensuring that I almost never get off two shoots in one round. I don't see any stat indicating this on the overview of a weapon.
Anyone know where Crump is after end of Act1? Katarzyna was still around in the lab but not him.

Equip the weapon and leave the inventory. Look at the icons at the bottom of the screen. AP cost is displayed there.

Anyone know where Crump is after end of Act1? Katarzyna was still around in the lab but not him.

Equip the weapon and leave the inventory. Look at the icons at the bottom of the screen. AP cost is displayed there.
Yeah, but what if I am thinking of buying the weapon? I guess I can savescum buy it but that's a bit boring.

jackofshadows

Magister
Sooo is there a car to buy from somewhere?
No but you can get a free... something. Just push the plot a little. In case you've missed it
In the Cirty after you walk out after the Comitte right next to the entrance there will be a guy who will give you the return of ursula quest.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Are companions supposed to be something you don't get access to till later, or am I just missing them? Well, apparently Crump is a companion, but I let the Blacks kill him. Haven't encountered any others. Currently in Carmine Heights.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got through the prologue before having to pause my session. Came back and read through this thread and I feel like I'm going to wait now, as I wasn't really too happy with my experience in the prologue and I feel like it would be better to play the game after it has a ton of updates improving all the issues. Oh well. Underrail is many times greater now than it was when it was first released, so there is still hope.
Trudograd released today after an extensive early access period, you might want to try that out if you're looking for a similar game.
I couldn't get past the first hour of ATOM so I doubt I'd enjoy Trudograd, especially considering I haven't heard too many positive things about it, but perhaps I'll give it a shot. The screens on the steam page look pretty.

Alphons

Cipher
Poisoned Well bugged out. Closed the valves on my first visit to Picnic, but I wasn't strong enough to deal with zombies.

Returned with full squad and bigger firepower to find the sewer empty (they despawned with the dead plumber Luigi, dead rats stayed). Well still makes sounds and Galina still insists that I need to put them down.

Yeah seems to be a few quest buggs. I fixed the car out side Magellan station, but later on the NPC quest giver was still standing there making lines that he wanted the car fixed, even if it wasn't there anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom