Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Escape From Tarkov

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

spectre

Arcane
I have zero interest in Arena tbh. And from early reviews, balance wise it's a fucking mess. To nobody's surprise.
Still, that's good. At least the COD and streamer crowd will be contained and maybe... just maybe, the dumb fucks at BSG will start to actually develop the game as it was originally advertised.

That said, seems like a new patch has dropped together with a wipe. Let's see how badly they fucked up the reworked armor mechanics.
Just looking at the notes, looks like a metric shitton of pointless micro shuffling armor plates, only to get blasted in under a second by a lucky hit from an expanding bullet.

Still, nice of them to have a level-capped location for timmies. Might want to reconsider jumping in this time round, rather than wait for SP AKI to catch up.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm far more interested in arena than this new tarkov wipe. Really love the tarkov combat system but don't feel like suffering through another eft grind, at least for now.

spectre

Arcane
don't feel like suffering through another eft grind, at least for now.
Yeah, saw someone picking up lightbulbs on a stream and it was enough to trigger ptsd.

Not sure what the fuck is preventing them to make 90% of the missions randomly generated. Not like there's some kind of stellar narrative going on there.
The code is all there. And at this point, it would probably turn out better.

SP AKI doesn't seem to be caught up just yet, but the installer got a lot of QoL and the mods look damn sexy, this thing for example:
https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/files/file/878-swag-donuts-dynamic-spawn-waves-and-custom-spawn-points/
custom AI presets for bots, to have them do quests and gather loot is pretty impressive.

EDIT: In case someone wants to ask, but why? Just login and play the fucking game.
But imagine this: no cheaters, no nyetcode, no unintelligible barking on voip...

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
don't feel like suffering through another eft grind, at least for now.
Yeah, saw someone picking up lightbulbs on a stream and it was enough to trigger ptsd.

Not sure what the fuck is preventing them to make 90% of the missions randomly generated. Not like there's some kind of stellar narrative going on there.
The code is all there. And at this point, it would probably turn out better.

SP AKI doesn't seem to be caught up just yet, but the installer got a lot of QoL and the mods look damn sexy, this thing for example:
https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/files/file/878-swag-donuts-dynamic-spawn-waves-and-custom-spawn-points/
custom AI presets for bots, to have them do quests and gather loot is pretty impressive.

EDIT: In case someone wants to ask, but why? Just login and play the fucking game.
But imagine this: no cheaters, no nyetcode, no unintelligible barking on voip...
I tried the SP mod last wipe, it was alright. I did it to scout out item spawn locations since the official client offline mode basically turns spawn rate to almost zero. And bots just can't replace players although the PMC bots were interesting.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The new changes to the ammo system (even mid tier ammo being more rare now), and the improved recoil are great. Shooting is actually fun now again.

Don't really like the new map though.

spectre

Arcane
The new changes to the ammo system (even mid tier ammo being more rare now), and the improved recoil are great. Shooting is actually fun now again.
Don't tempt me fiend. Vade retro.

The ammo situation sounds good. Wonder if it's just early wipe scarcity.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Don't really like the new map though.

These changes are always great on paper until you're 2 weeks into a wipe and the sweats have cash for the flea market and traders and ammo crafting unlocked. Then you're just shooting blanks while they shred your class 4 armor.

The biggest factor of imbalance in this game imo is still the flea market and just a huge net negative.

I actually like the new map, it's just a shit show with the current PMC numbers. It's being advertised as beginner map, but is just as much of a slaughter house as Factory. Cut the player numbers in half and you got yourself a really cool introductory map for Tarkov, but alas, logic and BSG are like oil and water.

spectre

Arcane
The biggest factor of imbalance in this game imo is still the flea market and just a huge net negative.
Agreed. I have absolutely no clue why they decide to keep it in (okay, I do, they want to reel in the online broker crowd who get off on this shit).
It doesn't fit into the logic of the game (though that's debatable with shit like bitcoin farms), doesn't mesh with the rest of the mechanics
(I mean, why do we have a hideout function to send out scavs looking for shit when it's all available from the flea?)
and results in all kinds of bullshit tack-ons intended to balance it, like the "found in raid" shit.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I tried out arena and my first impressions are very good. It's a fast paced team deathmatch with tarkov combat and small compact maps so what's not to like. So far I like all the maps except bay 5 but that's only because that map has some really bad sniping spots and angles which are very annoying for someone who doesn't know the map.

One big difference in arena is the balance of classes. While in eft I almost never see people with face helmets, in arena they are very common for the armored classes. As someone leveling scout, which focused on SMGs, that can be very tricky.

Finally, my biggest issue is the matchmaker right now. It's relatively common for a single player to carry the whole team, getting 15 kills across 5 matches. The skill gap in tarkov can be really big and you can also face players with more advance kits. When these two combine you're just a lamb for the slaughter. Nevertheless, the game is really fun when the teams are somewhat balanced and I expect this issue to get better over time.

Recently I've been struck with just how good the wild life, like great outdoors, sections are in this game. It can really get immersive if you are moving in woods or shoreline in the night with snowstorm, wind blowing loud, good sound with your own movement and nature. They also do a good job with clutter placement around roads and buildings. In fact I'm convinced you could easily repackage the whole game, remove the shooting, expand the survival and looting element with outdoor camping system and you have a really immersive survival/horror game. The northen climate in this game really sets it apart from your usual games of that genre like Green Hell or The Forest. The forest looks cartoonish and Green Hell looks bright and not oppressive like pushing through brushes at night in Tarkov does. It's just that Tarkov have really good production value IMO when it comes to the ambiance of moving through terrain with the fpp. Then of course they game is shit otherwise with buggs like party searching only works half of the time, desyncs, beta stage for over 9 years, lazor straight aim in ADS always on first shot, scavs spawning in literally around you etc etc...

Is there any other game that offers a good survival/hiking immersive experience like Tarkov hints at? I mean even Red Dead 2 is disqualified with the third person orientation (yes I know there is a fpp mode tacked on, but come on ) and general safe care free feeling of traversing it's world, while moving through wildernes in Tarkov does not give a care free feeling searching for food and water. It's something also maybe with the FOV or object size in Tarkov but objects like other player charters and trees appear just larger than in other games, more oppressive, then for example in Squad, this contributes a lot that it feels more life like.

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Just tried the most recent SP AKI, but it seems fucked. Quests aren't working correctly and the new vests system is not implemented.
Decided I can't be bothered to troubleshoot, much less go through the reinstall (could be because I tried the zero to hero starting preset),
and yeah... the ptsd from having to look for nuts and bolts was just too much.
Think I need to let it lie for a year or two.

Is there any other game that offers a good survival/hiking immersive experience like Tarkov hints at?
Modded Stalker? Anomaly gives you a big sandbox with pretty much the same aesthetics, and you could say that being a spiritual successor to Stalker is what EFT has been promising to deliver for ages.
It has an Escape from Pripyat mod which seeks to emulate some of EFT's mechanics (no surprisingly, the playerbase seem to overlap).

There's plenty of mods out there, and the winter retexture looks especially sexy (some have shit like weapon inspection animations and jamming mechanics),
but it looks like modding Morrowind all over again and I'm still wrestling with the idea, is my body is ready for this kind of commitment?

You might want to look at Road to Vostok, which I've been sorta following, but it's still more of a techdemo, not even close to a game.

I also didn't like Green Hell and the Forest, so let me bounce some shit off you that clicked with me:
Long Dark doesn't have the soviet aesthetics, but somehow scratches a similar itch to what you seem to be describing - brilliant northern atmosphere with aurora borealis showing every now and then
(screenshots don't really do it justice for some reason, it all just comes together when you see it in game).
Combat is just you vs. wildlife (and the elements of course). It has some sort of story mode, but I never played it.

You could have a quick look at Scum which is multiplayer, but can be played solo with no problem.
The "zombies," robots and the whole background spiel about it being a game show can be annoying, but once you tune it out, it has a rather decent hiking potential.
It's borderline meme material at times, considering one of the mechanics is about manually reliving your char... and some stuff on character generation I won't spoil for you.
Still, can't help but appreciate the rather autistic approach to survival mechanics (there's a very complex nutrition system under the hood, as well as promising long-range ballistics).

Last edited:
Just tried the most recent SP AKI, but it seems fucked. Quests aren't working correctly and the new vests system is not implemented.
Decided I can't be bothered to troubleshoot, much less go through the reinstall (could be because I tried the zero to hero starting preset),
and yeah... the ptsd from having to look for nuts and bolts was just too much.
Think I need to let it lie for a year or two.

Is there any other game that offers a good survival/hiking immersive experience like Tarkov hints at?
Modded Stalker? Anomaly gives you a big sandbox with pretty much the same aesthetics, and you could say that being a spiritual successor to Stalker is what EFT has been promising to deliver for ages.
It has an Escape from Pripyat mod which seeks to emulate some of EFT's mechanics (no surprisingly, the playerbase seem to overlap).

There's plenty of mods out there, and the winter retexture looks especially sexy (some have shit like weapon inspection animations and jamming mechanics),
but it looks like modding Morrowind all over again and I'm still wrestling with the idea, is my body is ready for this kind of commitment?

You might want to look at Road to Vostok, which I've been sorta following, but it's still more of a techdemo, not even close to a game.

I also didn't like Green Hell and the Forest, so let me bounce some shit off you that clicked with me:
Long Dark doesn't have the soviet aesthetics, but somehow scratches a similar itch to what you seem to be describing - brilliant northern atmosphere with aurora borealis showing every now and then
(screenshots don't really do it justice for some reason, it all just comes together when you see it in game).
Combat is just you vs. wildlife (and the elements of course). It has some sort of story mode, but I never played it.

You could have a quick look at Scum which is multiplayer, but can be played solo with no problem.
The "zombies," robots and the whole background spiel about it being a game show can be annoying, but once you tune it out, it has a rather decent hiking potential.
It's borderline meme material at times, considering one of the mechanics is about manually reliving your char... and some stuff on character generation I won't spoil for you.
Still, can't help but appreciate the rather autistic approach to survival mechanics (there's a very complex nutrition system under the hood, as well as promising long-range ballistics).
Yeah I've been looking up Escape from Pripyat, sounds cool will try it. Road to Vostok looks cool as well, but apparently he has just spent a lot of time to switch to some other engine from Unity so a bit lagging in creating new stuff.

Long Dark looks cool. But it looks a bit cartoony in graphics but will try it. It seems to aim at the atmosphere I'm looking for. And a sandbox mode sounds promising.

I heard about Scum before, one friend that I play Tarkov with has played it. So I will try to play it with him. But yeah it seems a bit happy in tone. I have taken an interest in Survival games of late because they usually try to implement systems in their games and a world you can interact with that give them sort of modern immsim vibe.

I have some hope for PROJECT FEROCIOUS even if it's in the wrong climate. It has a darker colour pallet. But no news in a long while.

spectre

Arcane
Yeah I've been looking up Escape from Pripyat, sounds cool will try it. Road to Vostok looks cool as well, but apparently he has just spent a lot of time to switch to some other engine from Unity so a bit lagging in creating new stuff.

Long Dark looks cool. But it looks a bit cartoony in graphics but will try it. It seems to aim at the atmosphere I'm looking for. And a sandbox mode sounds promising.

I heard about Scum before, one friend that I play Tarkov with has played it. So I will try to play it with him. But yeah it seems a bit happy in tone. I have taken an interest in Survival games of late because they usually try to implement systems in their games and a world you can interact with that give them sort of modern immsim vibe.

I have some hope for PROJECT FEROCIOUS even if it's in the wrong climate. It has a darker colour pallet. But no news in a long while.
I think it's just called Ferocious nowadays. Didn't think much of it, lost interest when I saw there's dinosaurs, but I think I'll give it a fair chance and watch some more gameplay.

The same bunch of streamers who play EFT also play Scum. I wouldn't call it exactly "happy in tone", it felt more like a dayz autistic clone.
I only played it solo, but I imagine some eye-rolling when you need to take breaks for your squad to take a shit before a fight.
Still, that's not something you see everyday.
They seem to be adding shit to it, vehicles, building. Not sure if it hasn't collapsed under its own weight, but it seemed to have excellent sandbox potential.
I haven't tried this in ages, waiting for them to hit some kind of milestone. I'd love to see an interface overhaul of some sort.

Yeah, Long Dark gave me that first impression as well, but somehow when you play it, magic happens and you can almost feel the snow.
Few games can pull it off. The only thing it's lacking is gunplay (which is why I'm sticking it out with ETF tbh...).

EDIT:
Regarding Escape from Pripyat, I am currently researching the differences between various modpacks and the more I look, EFP doesn't look all that great in comparison to gamma.
Seems like pretty much all the EFP functionalities I want can be enabled in gamma, but the deal breaker is in the graphics - gamma just looks better to me.

Gamma itself looks a bit daunting though, like a 1.13 equivalent from Jagged Alliance, there's a shitton of components to look over and enable/disable.

EDIT2:
Got filtered by needing discord to install Gamma & 90 gigs of download.

Last edited:

I think it's just called Ferocious nowadays. Didn't think much of it, lost interest when I saw there's dinosaurs, but I think I'll give it a fair chance and watch some more gameplay.

The same bunch of streamers who play EFT also play Scum. I wouldn't call it exactly "happy in tone", it felt more like a dayz autistic clone.
I only played it solo, but I imagine some eye-rolling when you need to take breaks for your squad to take a shit before a fight.
Still, that's not something you see everyday.
They seem to be adding shit to it, vehicles, building. Not sure if it hasn't collapsed under its own weight, but it seemed to have excellent sandbox potential.
I haven't tried this in ages, waiting for them to hit some kind of milestone. I'd love to see an interface overhaul of some sort.

Yeah, Long Dark gave me that first impression as well, but somehow when you play it, magic happens and you can almost feel the snow.
Few games can pull it off. The only thing it's lacking is gunplay (which is why I'm sticking it out with ETF tbh...).

EDIT:
Regarding Escape from Pripyat, I am currently researching the differences between various modpacks and the more I look, EFP doesn't look all that great in comparison to gamma.
Seems like pretty much all the EFP functionalities I want can be enabled in gamma, but the deal breaker is in the graphics - gamma just looks better to me.

Gamma itself looks a bit daunting though, like a 1.13 equivalent from Jagged Alliance, there's a shitton of components to look over and enable/disable.

EDIT2:
Got filtered by needing discord to install Gamma & 90 gigs of download.

I am interested in SCUM but checked out their steam reviews. And a patch 0.95 apperently added a horrid spawn behaviour where if you engage one enemy the game spawns 10-20 new ones right on top of you. And that is actually one of the main critism me and my friends have against Escape From Tarkov right now, it happens so often that Scavs spawn behind you after you walked through an area. It's insane, one guy quit over this and the hackers which seems to be even more now these last couple of days. So gonna be a hard pass on SCUM if they actually introduced that issue to their game.

I played the Long Dark in story mode. I like it, in shorter periods. But the graphic didn't really give me the same feel as Tarkov does with it's rich vegetation and ambiance sound with winds. Will try the sandbox mode as well.

Okay sounds like hassel then with the modding for STALKER, will file it under try later if alternatives dry out.

Actually I started looking in to Pacific Drive right now on youtube, seems to have a similar style with moody graphics. And with more realistic graphic than Long Dark.

EDIT:
I guess its fair to mention Chernobylite here as well. I played it a little bit a while ago but tired a bit on the map and gameplay. But it definitively carries a similar vibe.

spectre

Arcane
I am interested in SCUM but checked out their steam reviews. And a patch 0.95 apperently added a horrid spawn behaviour where if you engage one enemy the game spawns 10-20 new ones right on top of you. And that is actually one of the main critism me and my friends have against Escape From Tarkov right now, it happens so often that Scavs spawn behind you after you walked through an area. It's insane, one guy quit over this and the hackers which seems to be even more now these last couple of days. So gonna be a hard pass on SCUM if they actually introduced that issue to their game.

I played the Long Dark in story mode. I like it, in shorter periods. But the graphic didn't really give me the same feel as Tarkov does with it's rich vegetation and ambiance sound with winds. Will try the sandbox mode as well.

Okay sounds like hassel then with the modding for STALKER, will file it under try later if alternatives dry out.

Actually I started looking in to Pacific Drive right now on youtube, seems to have a similar style with moody graphics. And with more realistic graphic than Long Dark.

EDIT:
I guess its fair to mention Chernobylite here as well. I played it a little bit a while ago but tired a bit on the map and gameplay. But it definitively carries a similar vibe.
Like I said, I haven't played SCUM in a while, would be a damn shame if they fucked it up.
Perhaps it could be fixed through server settings? I was only meaning to play it solo anyways.

But yeah, it's a concern. Hackers and nyetcode is why I'm keeping Tarkov on the backburner and mostly play it through SP AKI.

Pacific Drive looks interesting, still not out yet, so we'll see.

There is also a thing called Grey Zone Warfare, it uses Unreal Engine 5 with all its physic and lighting goodness, meaning it will leave Tarkov in the dirt tech wise.
Sadly, the aesthetics is more Ghost Recon/Far Cry, so not exactly what you're looking for.

I tried Chernobylite, it mostly made me want to get serious about Stalker. I'm slowly working up to the point where I give gamma a serious spin, because
individually hunting down all the mods I may want feels even shittier than going over the discord for instructions.
I basically want to achieve something that feels like not that much of a downgrade from EFT with minimum fuss, this looks pretty close to what I want.

EDIT: Update on Stalker Gamma, I tried running it recently, but failed. The installation is straightforward enough if you follow the discord instructions,
I've gotten to the main menu, but had a crash with memory error when actually starting the game. I fiddled with the settings a bit, but ultimately decided
I can't be bothered with this shit.

Last edited:

EDIT:
Like I said, I haven't played SCUM in a while, would be a damn shame if they fucked it up.
Perhaps it could be fixed through server settings? I was only meaning to play it solo anyways.

But yeah, it's a concern. Hackers and nyetcode is why I'm keeping Tarkov on the backburner and mostly play it through SP AKI.

Pacific Drive looks interesting, still not out yet, so we'll see.

There is also a thing called Grey Zone Warfare, it uses Unreal Engine 5 with all its physic and lighting goodness, meaning it will leave Tarkov in the dirt tech wise.
Sadly, the aesthetics is more Ghost Recon/Far Cry, so not exactly what you're looking for.

I tried Chernobylite, it mostly made me want to get serious about Stalker. I'm slowly working up to the point where I give gamma a serious spin, because
individually hunting down all the mods I may want feels even shittier than going over the discord for instructions.
I basically want to achieve something that feels like not that much of a downgrade from EFT with minimum fuss, this looks pretty close to what I want.

EDIT: Update on Stalker Gamma, I tried running it recently, but failed. The installation is straightforward enough if you follow the discord instructions,
I've gotten to the main menu, but had a crash with memory error when actually starting the game. I fiddled with the settings a bit, but ultimately decided
I can't be bothered with this shit.

Maybe it could be fixed, a little afriad to find out after basically stopped playing Tarkov over that exact issue.

Yeah I hope Pacific Drive will be good.

I've been following Grey Zone Warfare as well. Think that it is really going to be good. My friend who also quit Tarkov have high hopes for Grey Zone. Yeah the aestetics are wrong, but it might replace Tarkove as a multiplayer game atleast.

Do it! Specially if you got a good HDR monitor/TV. It has high pop HDR with a good aesthetics as well. Hell I might revisit it again and give it another go.

That sucks, well you gave it a good try. Getting ancinet game running with mod packs can be hell.

spectre

Arcane
I've been following Grey Zone Warfare as well. Think that it is really going to be good. My friend who also quit Tarkov have high hopes for Grey Zone. Yeah the aestetics are wrong, but it might replace Tarkove as a multiplayer game atleast.
Well, there's a point at which I would start asking ask myself - why not just play ARMA? (just as I earlier asked myself why not Stalker?) Feels like I'm stuck in an endless loop of this sort.
To me, the game needs to hit that sweet spot where there is still some decent feeling of game-ist progression and not a wankfest for wannabe jarheads, so hope's up for Grey Zone.

As far as I am concerned, Tarkov is spinning it's wheels (you know, let's keep this shit at least a bit on topic). It's saved by the gunporn and I'm not gonna lie, the extraction raid mechanics
does make the adrenaline pumping in a way no other product delivers (campfire mode in Anomaly looks like a serviceable ersatz).
Technically speaking, it looks like they missed the bus when it comes to upgrading to a proper engine and (for some unfathomable reason) have made unity their hill to die on.

I'm not the only one with this sentiment, cause I'm seeing plenty of videos about porting EFT assets to Unreal Engine, there's something called Project Quarantine on steam.
Changed its name to Incursion Red River, they're probably trying to dodge a lawsuit here. They seem to be doing setting this one in Vietnam, and I'm all like hnnnng...
enough with the fucking jungle already.

That sucks, well you gave it a good try. Getting ancinet game running with mod packs can be hell.
I quite liked the experience with the Mod Manager, it's all nicely integrated with nexus, so I'll be keeping the files around for a bit more
until the initial bad impression subsides.

Well, there's a point at which I would start asking ask myself - why not just play ARMA? (just as I earlier asked myself why not Stalker?) Feels like I'm stuck in an endless loop of this sort.
To me, the game needs to hit that sweet spot where there is still some decent feeling of game-ist progression and not a wankfest for wannabe jarheads, so hope's up for Grey Zone.

As far as I am concerned, Tarkov is spinning it's wheels (you know, let's keep this shit at least a bit on topic). It's saved by the gunporn and I'm not gonna lie, the extraction raid mechanics
does make the adrenaline pumping in a way no other product delivers (campfire mode in Anomaly looks like a serviceable ersatz).
Technically speaking, it looks like they missed the bus when it comes to upgrading to a proper engine and (for some unfathomable reason) have made unity their hill to die on.

I'm not the only one with this sentiment, cause I'm seeing plenty of videos about porting EFT assets to Unreal Engine, there's something called Project Quarantine on steam.
Changed its name to Incursion Red River, they're probably trying to dodge a lawsuit here. They seem to be doing setting this one in Vietnam, and I'm all like hnnnng...
enough with the fucking jungle already.

I quite liked the experience with the Mod Manager, it's all nicely integrated with nexus, so I'll be keeping the files around for a bit more
until the initial bad impression subsides.
Yeah Arma is good as well, but then you also have to dive deep down the modding scene and also it's not really atmospheric to say the least. Yeah hope up for Grey Zone.

I agree, they aren't going anywhere. The team is just to incompetent. All they do is adding content with their super old content pipe line. They made a big deal over jumping over one Unity version to get updated but haven't really seen anything worthwhile coming out of that tech jump. Maybe precise armour hitboxes with the plates was from that? I played around with Unity and they actually have a chance now to radically improve the game if they switch over to DOTS and Netcode for Entities. Server authoritative first party network solution that is extremely performative. But they are probably using some proprietary third party half ancient custom network solution, which apparently is extremely hacker friendly.

Yeah we don't need more jungles. If I want to play in the jungle I'll start Risen 1.

Keep me updated!

spectre

Arcane
Is there any good SP extraction shooter?
You could say SP defeats the purpose, but if you squint hard enough, there was this 2D shooter thing called Zero Sievert. I never played it myself.
I suspect plenty of devs will want to cash in on that, but as for now, it's all in development or at best early access.

Perhaps a roguelite will scratch that itch for you? When it comes down to it, it's a rather similar formula.
Stalker Anomaly has a bunch of rule mutators - campfire mode lets you save only near campfires and agony mode requires to no bad status effects like bleeding, hunger, etc.
Get these two together and you get yourself a "raid" everytime you leave a hub, with actual stakes until you get back to a safe area and get all patched up.
Not sure how practical it is with Stalker being rather rough around the edges, as well as... you know the whole setup thing.

I agree, they aren't going anywhere. The team is just to incompetent. All they do is adding content with their super old content pipe line. They made a big deal over jumping over one Unity version to get updated but haven't really seen anything worthwhile coming out of that tech jump. Maybe precise armour hitboxes with the plates was from that?
Part of me wants to believe they'll get their shit together with Arena, but yeah, it's a bit like Star Citizen, selling an idea of a dream game gives more money than actually delivering.
I think the engine update let them fix a bunch of performance issues around scopes, also all the map enlargements came afterwards, and there's those recent snow effects as well.
Nothing groundbreaking and Unreal still blows it out of the water with basic shit like map size, destructible environments or vegetation physics.

Keep me updated!
Sure. We're probably looking for a slightly different experience here, but I'll drop by once I get more hands on time with that Project Quarantine/Red River thing.
Only had a few minutes for it and it looked like a solid alpha, almost ready to go beta. Pretty janky overall, but there was some promising attention to detail on the gun range.
EDIT:
Yeah, it's something to maybe keep an eye on, but there isn't a lot in there. One level, rudimentary tasks, rudimentary AI, three guns with basic modding.
I don't love the level design and the color palette. Looks similar to Road to Vostok in terms of development stage (RtV has well implemented weather effects in the last demo, but no looting).

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
250€. Let that sink in.

I probably would have to pay another 100€ for this edition, even though I got the EOD already. Also, BSG promised all future content updates to be free of charge for EOD owners, seems like that the Offline PVE mode is not "content" enough for them. :lol:

edit: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1714059176561432.png

motherfucker

Educated
I'm so glad I speak Russian. The meltdown and the memes in the Russian community are absolutely sick. Westoids look like limp-dicked cucks as usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom