Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i tried mongolia once, but years ago. not enough time to score a decent ally before china declares war and annexes you in a single war.
:deathclaw:
What ally? You start as a vassale to the oirat. You eat them,then you eat all the tribes to the east and the west. Pure cav is very strong vs China,you wipe armies left and right lol. I never had an ally when i play mongolia.

Vatnik Wumao
Johan's reply to a thread about the fort system having a supposed bug:

wBQM4E2.png

Big brained dev design. Reminds me of how Paradox supposedly is unable to make sense of Victoria 2's coding today.

Vatnik Wumao
Current game:
1RibaM2.jpg

Still not sure how I'll deal with perfidious Albion, but it's been a pretty good start. Probably will keep our alliance while I annex the rest of Scotland and then try to befriend Denmark and/or France.

first best ally is austria. second best is france, after it consolidates. spain lacks the sheer army size of both, poland(+lithuania) and ottomans are too far.
lucky nations or not?

Vatnik Wumao
Default settings, so lucky nations enabled I think (it being a prerequisite for ironman if I'm not mistaken).

Best to have an ally with a strong navy since England has already lost its continental possessions.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea France would be better than Austria, if given cover they most likely could send armies over the channel. Austria would just chill in the distance if England isn't allied with a continental nation. Ideally you'd have France and Spain allied, unless Denmark has a strong navy then it'd be France and Denmark.

i've never seen denmark become relevant, not even with lucky nations on. the whole scandinavia is not enough, it's poorer than spain and ai lacks skill and timing to try to hurt the empire and get lubeck.

Vatnik Wumao
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-iv-leviathan-coming-april-27th-2021.1465035/
Not everything has to be brute force. Armies are necessary, of course, but there are other ways to succeed. Build a force of diplomats, for example, and use your flattery as a weapon against others. Or draw wealth and power from the remote regions of your realm to construct a metropolis to be the engine of your economy. You can try many new routes to global power in Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan, coming next month.

Leviathan is the newest expansion to Paradox’s grand strategy classic about the early modern world. The first release from the Barcelona based Paradox Tinto, Leviathan adds new options for diplomatic and economic play, and will be available to Europa Universalis players on 27 April 2021.

One of the highlights of Leviathan is the ability to use diplomatic Favors to gain benefits from other nations. If you post a diplomat to curry favor in a foreign nation, you will slowly build up enough diplomatic power to request material aid, changes in alliances and even the return of core provinces.

Other features of Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan include:
  • New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
  • Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
  • Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
  • Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
  • Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
  • Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
  • Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
  • Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
  • New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
  • And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
As usual, Leviathan will be accompanied by a major free update available to all Europa Universalis IV players. This update includes modifications to the maps of Southeast Asia and North America, with major gameplay changes for North American First Nations. It also adds Australian Aboriginal nations.

Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan will be available on 27 April 2021 at the Paradox Store and major online retailers for the suggested retail price of $19.99/£15.40/€19.99 - you can wishlist on Steam now!

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did you really expect anything else?

Though I am amazed the their big solution to the problem of carpet sieging is to just make it official and automate it.

thesecret1

Arcane
I think "Pillage Capital" as a peace condition amazes me the most. How does that work? "Ah yes, the King of France. We conquered your border regions, as you may know, and have so far beaten every army your sent at us. I bet you rue the day you decided to invade Italy! Anyway, we don't give a shit about taking back those provinces, instead, we want you to let our troops inside Paris and have them just loot the shit out of that place. Loot it, rape it, kill it, set it on fire, that sorta thing. We'll cart away anything of value and call it quits. Is that ok with you?"

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Or alternatively "We've crushed your armies in the field. We hold your capital after a long siege. Would you kindly allow us to loot, rape and pillage to our heart's content? What's that? No? Not enough warscore? Oh, alright then, guess we'll sit and wait for a bit."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Lol that trailer is amazing, "we shame be remembered for eva" and shows a bunch of people that nobody knows lol. I am all ""who the fuck are those retards?" lol.

I think "Pillage Capital" as a peace condition amazes me the most. How does that work? "Ah yes, the King of France. We conquered your border regions, as you may know, and have so far beaten every army your sent at us. I bet you rue the day you decided to invade Italy! Anyway, we don't give a shit about taking back those provinces, instead, we want you to let our troops inside Paris and have them just loot the shit out of that place. Loot it, rape it, kill it, set it on fire, that sorta thing. We'll cart away anything of value and call it quits. Is that ok with you?"
Yes,it should have been an army button that gives you aggressive expansion.

at least now austria has something worthwhile to ask from all those opms every time it has to go pop moles in each little war inside the empire.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
How do i fix my economy? The only way to balance the budget is by constant expansion and smashing other people's piggy-banks and Ming seem to be in a death spiral... Help, this train doesn't have any breaks!

gZt9tl3.jpg

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So once a country goes revolutionary, you can make them go back to monarchy in the victory options? What happens if they remain revolutionary, but you grab the city that is the origin of the revolution?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How do i fix my economy? The only way to balance the budget is by constant expansion and smashing other people's piggy-banks and Ming seem to be in a death spiral... Help, this train doesn't have any breaks!

gZt9tl3.jpg
Eat china and make them in to core states lol. Also why are you losing money? You should have more than enough income for 2 armies.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
My latest run as Portugal:

Image4.jpg

England became my Junior Partner pretty early on. Allied Spain first and then spent much of the game pounding them and their colonies, as well as dismembering the Ottomans. France and Commonwealth were my allies for much of the game.

Image3.jpg

Mainz and Lübeck came out on top the free-for-all in the HRE - and of course Commonwealth with my protection:

Image5.jpg

The weird Random New World in my game:

Image1.jpg

Image6.jpg

I liked hiring mercenary companies, since they have their own manpower:

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

The money making part of getting to the East Indies first was a good idea for Portugal, but I should have started colonies much earlier too - instead of leaving that huge chunk of land basically to the Spanish. After five provinces they spread on their own anyway.

If I play again, I might do Venice or HRE - never done one of those.

The weird Random New World in my game:

Image1.jpg

Huh. Did they actually fix random new world generation at some point or did you just get really lucky? I remember when last I played the random new worlds didn't form realistic-looking landmasses but that actually looks pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom