Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good.
I tried it based on posts like these, and it's a complete lie. Imperator is as shallow and shitty as ever, and there is no fun to be had.
It's not a lie,spent quite a few hours on it , its just it's not meeting your standard of quality. I relativize things its a lot better than caesar on amiga i was playing as a teen . Better than most other 4X i see on steam too .

You can make the same argument for every PDX game because they have a goddamn monopoly on GSG. Doesn't mean their games are of high quality.

Mortmal

Arcane
Actually imperator was revamped and last update was really good.
I tried it based on posts like these, and it's a complete lie. Imperator is as shallow and shitty as ever, and there is no fun to be had.
It's not a lie,spent quite a few hours on it , its just it's not meeting your standard of quality. I relativize things its a lot better than caesar on amiga i was playing as a teen . Better than most other 4X i see on steam too .

You can make the same argument for every PDX game because they have a goddamn monopoly on GSG. Doesn't mean their games are of high quality.
I never said otherwise.

Mortmal

Arcane
8zxx4lxb73w61.png

You can cancel monument constructions in countries not belonging to you.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
At this point i don't understand why people keep giving this shitty company another chance. All of their recent releases have been disastrous, and they clearly have no care or passion for what they do, just look at the state of stellaris and imperator rome, they abandoned the latter as soon as they realized it wont sell dlcs.

Imperator is good now though, one of their best games mechanically. And its DLC model is far better than any of the others'.

Cancel culture at its finest. Finally Paradox reveals its true colors.

Who's getting cancelled?

Shit DLC launch is shit, but g*mers are very good at sending torrents of abuse to the random devs who don't have control over when things are released instead of the suits that set these ludicrous deadlines to begin with.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahh fuck paracucks,i finally got tired of trying to fine a way of starting the mods and just deleted conflicting folders and copy/pasted the mod lol.

Mortmal

Arcane
Now they are merging threads into one giga-megathread release problem, infinitron would faint if he saw it ... Theodora if you still support those guys, i am going to respectfully disagree with you to death.

started again with mongolia because i truly want to put china down.
they. didn't. even. had. one. single. rebellion.
even the best in their lifetime once or twice get their homeland dotted with rebels. not them. not even once. never distracted, always focused. constantly fielding 4, 5, 6 times my army which was the largest around. now i'm an empire (made the mistake to feed back to vassal korea their provinces. everyone and his dog is supporting indipendence) but china passed all the empire thingies and will ever taken down only by western tech.

Stop being bad lol.

EDIT: Ming is completely broken on current patch and keeps releasing vassals only to re-integrate them. Not sure if you're playing the current shitfest or the old version. Either way it shouldn't be that hard. Just trigger this https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Unguarded_Nomadic_Frontier. This will nuke their mandate and ontop of that give -15% morale.

Last edited:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Now they are merging threads into one giga-megathread release problem, infinitron would faint if he saw it ... Theodora if you still support those guys, i am going to respectfully disagree with you to death.

Containment threads are a time-honored tradition of the Paradox forum. Force people to file complains in a thread that nobody from the team reads and ban all those who try to do it elsewhere. Performance megathread on Stellaris sub-forum is now several years old and last time I checked it still had no posts from any of the developers.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

I think it's a hot mess. Though I don't think it's helpful to have a million threads about the same stuff essentially, esp. given some people would just endlessly make more threads if given the chance. I don't really buy the narrative that they're doing it to "contain" or ignore stuff, because they were replying to things when I looked. Bjorn or whatever his name is has been very active.

Higher Game

Arcane
even the best in their lifetime once or twice get their homeland dotted with rebels. not them. not even once. never distracted, always focused. constantly fielding 4, 5, 6 times my army which was the largest around. now i'm an empire (made the mistake to feed back to vassal korea their provinces. everyone and his dog is supporting indipendence) but china passed all the empire thingies and will ever taken down only by western tech.

Are you disinheriting the potato heir at the beginning? For a poor nation without institutions, monarch power matters so much more than prestige.

Mortmal

Arcane

I think it's a hot mess. Though I don't think it's helpful to have a million threads about the same stuff essentially, esp. given some people would just endlessly make more threads if given the chance. I don't really buy the narrative that they're doing it to "contain" or ignore stuff, because they were replying to things when I looked. Bjorn or whatever his name is has been very active.
Oh yes there's the artlead still answering in the thread, just to say how many are "working" at tinto.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Lol what a dumpster. Thats what happens when there's no competition. They push further and further with releasing buggy mess. Dharma, Emperor and now this. Gradually worse and worse. What's next? Releasing CRUD code, so users can finish the game for themselves? :lol:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

You shouldn't wait for rebellions you should wait for them to pass reforms and then attack, that will cause rebellions.

that will also cause kicks to my teeth. in the beginning my economy can't sustain forts, thus no burned land strategy. it can barely pay for troops, which are nowhere near enough to withstand a single attack, and even if they don't onepunch me, they go for the carpet bombing which is even worse. the only available ally is uzbeks, as useful as an asshole on an elbow. korea is as tiny as me, japan seems to be almost hardcoded to hate me and besides it's as much as dead meat.
either there's a very specific sequence and concomitance of events or i just can't see a way to win against ming in medieval times without abusing every possible exploit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Stop being bad lol.

EDIT: Ming is completely broken on current patch and keeps releasing vassals only to re-integrate them. Not sure if you're playing the current shitfest or the old version. Either way it shouldn't be that hard. Just trigger this https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Unguarded_Nomadic_Frontier. This will nuke their mandate and ontop of that give -15% morale.
As we already talked about it in here,china is broken. Some times it just doesn't get rebel progress because it is bugged,sometimes just releases shit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Buahahahaha was just messing around with the values of devastation and found this glorious gem of literary mastery.
v3fYxiF.png

It is no fucking wonder that their game are such a mess when they can't read/write. Fuck hey even wrote it right the first time then fucked it up,amazing.
:positive:

Also they hit the 8% in the reviews,if they try a bit more,they could make the last worst game on steam have double score compared to them.

OLF4a7r.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom