Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Europa Universalis IV

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by raw, Aug 10, 2012.

1. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    what the hell, prussia is a living cheat. any enemy up to 150% of my numbers gets annihilated on contact, double of my numbers gets humiliated with 4 times my losses, best part of this is that ai only sees numbers and it's more than happy to throw its 75-100k troops on my 50k and lose everything, i don't even have to chase and go pop moles.

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady Error
    Strap Yourselves In
    Playing Portugal right now with a random New World. Focused on monopolizing trade from South-East Asia, while Spain gobbled up most of the New World.

Had luck with England becoming a Junior Partner of mine. Integrating them will probably not be possible, as it would go way past my governing capacity.

Will probably use the money I am now swimming in to hire several mercenary companies to beat Spain and his colonies again. This time I will focus on giving his colonies independence.

^ Top  
  3. Theodora Arcane Patron

Theodora
    RPG Wokedex
    If you're planning to play anything to do with central Europe (HRE, Catholicism, Bohemians/Hussites) then you probably should have it installed. (Also, a ton of missions.)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Higher Game Arcane

Higher Game
    Emperor is a glorious trainwreck, which is historically accurate, but I'm more hyped for Leviathan as far as overall game balance and fine tuning goes.

^ Top  
  5. Riddler Magister Patron

Riddler
    Bubbles In Memoria
    Finally got the Mare Nostrum Achievement, more tedious than anything else. I have no idea how people who do world conquests manage to make it all the way to the end...
    [​IMG]

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat

You are improving mate,keep at it :)

You should get the extended mission mod. It has pretty fun roman empire missions.

Also play with mongolia,it is the most fun nation at the moment.

^ Top  
  7. Riddler Magister Patron

Riddler
    Bubbles In Memoria

I might just do that but I have no idea how hordes or Ming work. I assume there is some mechanic for getting Ming to implode.

^ Top  
  8. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    No need,just be pure tengri and get aristocracy to get that 100% horse ratio, and have pure horse armies with cannons. Just fallow the missions and you will have a good time. You could always just edit the tengri in the docs to give you 2-3 missionaries so you could convert at a reasonable pace.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i tried mongolia once, but years ago. not enough time to score a decent ally before china declares war and annexes you in a single war.

^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    :deathclaw:
    What ally? You start as a vassale to the oirat. You eat them,then you eat all the tribes to the east and the west. Pure cav is very strong vs China,you wipe armies left and right lol. I never had an ally when i play mongolia.

^ Top  
  11. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    Johan's reply to a thread about the fort system having a supposed bug:

[​IMG]

Big brained dev design. Reminds me of how Paradox supposedly is unable to make sense of Victoria 2's coding today.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i wish they had competition. we would get better game and/or they'd instantly die. damn paradox, you were my favourite dev.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    Current game:
    [​IMG]

Still not sure how I'll deal with perfidious Albion, but it's been a pretty good start. Probably will keep our alliance while I annex the rest of Scotland and then try to befriend Denmark and/or France.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • nice nice x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    first best ally is austria. second best is france, after it consolidates. spain lacks the sheer army size of both, poland(+lithuania) and ottomans are too far.
    lucky nations or not?

^ Top  
  15. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    Default settings, so lucky nations enabled I think (it being a prerequisite for ironman if I'm not mistaken).

Best to have an ally with a strong navy since England has already lost its continental possessions.

^ Top  
  16. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Yea France would be better than Austria, if given cover they most likely could send armies over the channel. Austria would just chill in the distance if England isn't allied with a continental nation. Ideally you'd have France and Spain allied, unless Denmark has a strong navy then it'd be France and Denmark.

^ Top  
  17. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    i've never seen denmark become relevant, not even with lucky nations on. the whole scandinavia is not enough, it's poorer than spain and ai lacks skill and timing to try to hurt the empire and get lubeck.

^ Top  
  18. Delterius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Delterius
    don't forget to culture convert the anglos into an oirish supremacist state

• Prestigious Prestigious x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Ainu world island domination!

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik

Hóngwèibīng
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-iv-leviathan-coming-april-27th-2021.1465035/

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Looks like a shitload of content bloat rather than anything meaningful again.

• Yes Yes x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Xamenos Magister Patron

Xamenos
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Did you really expect anything else?

Though I am amazed the their big solution to the problem of carpet sieging is to just make it official and automate it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    I think "Pillage Capital" as a peace condition amazes me the most. How does that work? "Ah yes, the King of France. We conquered your border regions, as you may know, and have so far beaten every army your sent at us. I bet you rue the day you decided to invade Italy! Anyway, we don't give a shit about taking back those provinces, instead, we want you to let our troops inside Paris and have them just loot the shit out of that place. Loot it, rape it, kill it, set it on fire, that sorta thing. We'll cart away anything of value and call it quits. Is that ok with you?"

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Xamenos Magister Patron

Xamenos
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Or alternatively "We've crushed your armies in the field. We hold your capital after a long siege. Would you kindly allow us to loot, rape and pillage to our heart's content? What's that? No? Not enough warscore? Oh, alright then, guess we'll sit and wait for a bit."

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Lol that trailer is amazing, "we shame be remembered for eva" and shows a bunch of people that nobody knows lol. I am all ""who the fuck are those retards?" lol.

Yes,it should have been an army button that gives you aggressive expansion.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.