Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

they've never been weak, and always fielded at least double my army.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:hmmm:
Niga just go full tangra with 100% horses and wreck the mings lol. A stack of 10-20 horses will wipe most ming cucks lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't you have the Mandate of Heaven DLC? With that active, you can easily take Ming on even when they have three times your army, as long as their mandate is low. At 0 mandate, their troops take 50% more damage and they suffer massive country-wide penalties (-50% manpower, -50% goods produced, +5 unrest). As Japan, usually I feel confident against them even when they have 6 times my army. Tanking their mandate is also very easy since you just need to occupy random provinces and spread devastation. If you make Oirat your vassal and win a battle against an army that has the ruler as general, you can trigger an event that immediately drops their mandate by 20. Then, as soon as you occupy Beijing, it drops again by 50.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Don't you have the Mandate of Heaven DLC? With that active, you can easily take Ming on even when they have three times your army, as long as their mandate is low. At 0 mandate, their troops take 50% more damage and they suffer massive country-wide penalties (-50% manpower, -50% goods produced, +5 unrest). As Japan, usually I feel confident against them even when they have 6 times my army. Tanking their mandate is also very easy since you just need to occupy random provinces and spread devastation. If you make Oirat your vassal and win a battle against an army that has the ruler as general, you can trigger an event that immediately drops their mandate by 20. Then, as soon as you occupy Beijing, it drops again by 50.
Bah,ming is still strong,i am yet to see them explode. Always have to tag to them and manually release the rebels because ming constantly harsh threat them or something and all the rebels are stuck at 0%. Could be a bug. I do miss the old event where they just exploded. I haven't seen mingplosion in like half a decade. The AI just cheats too much for that to happen.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Bah,ming is still strong,i am yet to see them explode. Always have to tag to them and manually release the rebels because ming constantly harsh threat them or something and all the rebels are stuck at 0%. Could be a bug. I do miss the old event where they just exploded. I haven't seen mingplosion in like half a decade. The AI just cheats too much for that to happen.

Literally happened in both my Mongolia game and my Japan game like a month ago.

Higher Game

Arcane
If you have any kind of problem with EU4 the solution is to follow the MP meta and go quantity/economic/quality

I've been thinking lately aristocratic might be better than quantity for Muslim countries. Besides the ideal environment for cavalry use, it helps way more with maxing naval tradition too and it has very strong policies with religious, influence, and espionage ideas. Economic is just silly though.

on top of having been invulnerable for 200 years, my china also has a 10k debt but no intention of bankrupting.

Yes, good debt management tends to lead to invulnerability. :obviously:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Basically, every other campaign I play is in Japan and I can't remember the last time I saw Ming not explode. With player intervention (blockade ports/siege Beijing, Nanjing, and Canton/spread devastation everywhere), there's no way Ming can keep its mandate above 0. And how can you lose a war against someone with +50% damage received?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Basically, every other campaign I play is in Japan and I can't remember the last time I saw Ming not explode. With player intervention (blockade ports/siege Beijing, Nanjing, and Canton/spread devastation everywhere), there's no way Ming can keep its mandate above 0. And how can you lose a war against someone with +50% damage received?
Never had a problem beating them.just not seeing them explode. Could be some bug that is part of some retarded DLC.

not having at least half their troops makes the trick. basic math. and:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I sense some kind of communication problem here.

Have you actually tried to go to war with them while their mandate is low? Or are you complaining about them being invincible without having ever tried to fight them? Even with less than half their army, you should be able to defeat them due to how the Mandate of Heaven works.

The last time I fought them as Japan, I had around 40k troops and they had 240k. I'm sure you can understand that if they're easy to beat with 1/6 of their army then it shouldn't be hard with 1/2. Basic math.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Upcoming coastal defences preventing slave raids is a blessing. My whole Tsargrad region was devastated by miriad of little shits constantly.

I sense some kind of communication problem here.

Have you actually tried to go to war with them while their mandate is low? Or are you complaining about them being invincible without having ever tried to fight them? Even with less than half their army, you should be able to defeat them due to how the Mandate of Heaven works.

The last time I fought them as Japan, I had around 40k troops and they had 240k. I'm sure you can understand that if they're easy to beat with 1/6 of their army then it shouldn't be hard with 1/2. Basic math.
i tried, and they had so many troops i couldn't beat any odds, i'd get carpet bombed in a matter of seconds.

Higher Game

Arcane
Maybe Ming is blitzing through reforms too fast because you haven't eaten enough other tributaries. And are you using the ruler and heir as generals? That's the only way to reasonably have enough leaders.

I will add that bankruptcy abuse is very important for Mongolia just because of their persistent cash shortage as well as geopolitical position making protective truces trivial to secure. It's not like they're surrounded by multiple major powers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Buahahaha this DLC is broken beyond believe,clearly they just don't give a fuck about it any more buahahahahha. It is so fucking broken that it is not even funny lol.

D8XbyE5.jpg

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
i tried, and they had so many troops i couldn't beat any odds, i'd get carpet bombed in a matter of seconds.
I don't get it. At low mandate, Ming soldiers are basically made of paper. You should be able to shred through them regardless of their numbers. As a steppe nomad, you should also cause the Ungarded Nomadic Frontier event for Ming, which destroys their mandate and lowers their morale by 15%. Are you behind on military technology or fighting on mountains for some reason? I'm going to try a Mongolia campaign next, just to see if there's something I'm missing.

Buahahaha this DLC is broken beyond believe,clearly they just don't give a fuck about it any more buahahahahha. It is so fucking broken that it is not even funny lol.
Are they even playtesting this shit? Allowing you to concentrate development on your subjects only when they have positive opinion or low liberty desire would greatly delay this madness. I don't want to comment on the favors thing, since the numbers are clearly off right now, just like right after the Emperor update, with nations constantly joining the empire regardless of any factor.

Releasing broken stuff just to hype up your DLC and then fixing it later is honestly a pitiful strategy, but it doesn't surprise me that Paradox would resort to it.

Mortmal

Arcane
"You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violations. Your ban will be lifted on Apr 29, 2021 at 12:10."

For critizing the fact players do the QA now for leviathan at 20 euros.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't get it. At low mandate, Ming soldiers are basically made of paper. You should be able to shred through them regardless of their numbers. As a steppe nomad, you should also cause the Ungarded Nomadic Frontier event for Ming, which destroys their mandate and lowers their morale by 15%. Are you behind on military technology or fighting on mountains for some reason? I'm going to try a Mongolia campaign next, just to see if there's something I'm missing.

Are they even playtesting this shit? Allowing you to concentrate development on your subjects only when they have positive opinion or low liberty desire would greatly delay this madness. I don't want to comment on the favors thing, since the numbers are clearly off right now, just like right after the Emperor update, with nations constantly joining the empire regardless of any factor.

Releasing broken stuff just to hype up your DLC and then fixing it later is honestly a pitiful strategy, but it doesn't surprise me that Paradox would resort to it.
They are really that incompetent. I can't fathom how it takes them that much time to create those broken systems and mechanics. I am honestly baffled at their incompetence,a single modder for that time could make better shit than the whole of paradox team. Those people are getting paid for just existing,it is disgusting. They even still keep that faggot toad johal lol.

An no,clearly they don't taste it or don't give a shit about it. All of the new dev mechanics are retarded and shouldn't be part of the game,same with favours. This must be the first DLC that actively makes the game worst with it.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
1050 dev ulm , impressive, truly a game thoroughly tested. I see why they ban me, in fact they wanted to avoid old EU4 players like me to have an heart attack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom